Owners met with players WITHOUT Rex before Roman let go

GottaRun

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regime change every 3 years has worked well for the last 16 seasons. Glad the fan base (and owners) are setting up another one.

The problem isn't changing coaches. The problem is hiring people like Dick Jauron and Rex Ryan over and over again.

Hire the right people in the first place.

Drastic?

They added Rexs brother, Ed Reed, and two rookies that are hurt(knowingly took one that was hurt). Guess what? It looks worse then the disappointing defense we saw last year. Rex and his brother are living in the past. The scheme is a failure.

And keep Wrex around for another year?

You'd be an idiot not to try the alternative.

The D looks worse then last year?

No it doesnt

Regime change every 3 years has worked well for the last 16 seasons. Glad the fan base (and owners) are setting up another one.

Regime change hasn't happened at all over the past 16 years. Ralph and his trash continue to run the team. CONTINUITY!

Incorrect. It was NOT Whaley's job to do because the reporting structure and roles/responsibilities established by the Pegulas have Ryan and Whaley in parallel reporting up to pegula, and give Ryan full control over his assistant coaching staff.

True. I thought he would at least have a say. Guess he has as much say as the ball boy.

This article makes it seem like this is all rumors and TBH what do you believe?

We are in the record books...

I think it's legit. It came this morning as a breaking message on my phone from the NFL app. I'm hoping the NFL checks the legitimacy of it's articles closer than some second or third rate agency that's just trying to generate clicks. Maybe that's naive of me?

Still trashing Ralph even after he is dead.

That is ultimate in classy dude.... You should feel special.

Just the facts, it is what it is. I'd love for Ralph's guys to prove me wrong and bring a winner to town, they should feel free to start making it happen.

It is not a sign of dysfunction although NFL traditionalists won't like it. When owners start meeting with non-executive employees it can be a good way to find out whether the information the executives have been giving the owners is accurate. It's a sign that the Pegulas are desperate to get this thing fixed. It does NOT mean they're Dan Snyder, who never supported his coaches and played favorites with his players.

I think this is a fair statement. at some point you have to get the truth. If it was a common occurrence then shame on the owners. But this is hardly a Snyder play.

BTW i think the media is having a riot and tossing feces to see what sticks.

[/thread]

indeed. Stop chewing the media cud folks.

We are 19th in YPG and 24th in YPP, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

What were the Bills rated after the Ravens game on defense ?

easy to pick and choose stats.

But i get your point

Sal Capaccio Verified account ‏@SalSports

So, to conclude, this was essentially decision after 18 games not 2. There was hope things would be different. Became apparent they wouldn't

What's crazy is the Bills had a decent offense last season and were in the process of developing a rookie QB!

Now this year the starting QB still hasn't even played a full season and was a 6th round pick. Does anyone really expect Taylor to turn into Tom Brady on is this halfway built team?

So much for Tyrod's development!

What's crazy is the Bills had a decent offense last season and were in the process of developing a rookie QB!

Now this year the starting QB still hasn't even played a full season and was a 6th round pick. Does anyone really expect Taylor to turn into Tom Brady on is this halfway built team?

So much for Tyrod's development!

and what do you figure is the reasoning for that Nil ?

Edited by 3rdand12

Their business, their money. They should be involved.

and what do you figure is the reasoning for that Nil ?

Nihil is getting ready for his next parody song.

But how do you top Gotye's "The Bills I used to know"?

Edited by Dr.Sack

Their business, their money. They should be involved.

Nihil is getting ready for his next parody song.

But how do you top Gotye's "The Bills I used to know"?

They need to get to the truth. This is part of the learning curve.

I have no issue with staying in tune with players and personnel at every level as an owner. Actually i prefer it.

Anyone questioning why the Pegulas wanted to do their due diligence before firing Roman should consider that it is yet *another* $4 million lit on fire to a coach *not* coaching for them. I realize that they are billionaires but smart owners don't flippantly toss 4 mill aside twice in two years for coaches to go away.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Drastic?

They added Rexs brother, Ed Reed, and two rookies that are hurt(knowingly took one that was hurt). Guess what? It looks worse then the disappointing defense we saw last year. Rex and his brother are living in the past. The scheme is a failure.

And keep Wrex around for another year?

You'd be an idiot not to try the alternative.

let mario go, let Manny Lawson go, stopped the hybrid of two systems and yes all the things you and I just mentioned. They have the defensive players sold. You can tell the plays are coming in faster and the players are not out of position, so much as we just don't have any defensive talent on the field in the front 7.

That's not the case for the offense. We have talent. We had continuity. Why did we regress so bad?

I'm not excusing the defense but at least there you can see tangible reasons to under perform. What's the offenses reason?

Edited by JaxBills

Just the facts, it is what it is. I'd love for Ralph's guys to prove me wrong and bring a winner to town, they should feel free to start making it happen.

Your entire argument is one guy is still around and that's why we suck. Coaches, GMs, players, all different. One guy in a suit, that's why we lose. Do I have it correct?

Less than 48 hours after the Bills made a bold - and unexpected - move to dismiss offensive coordinator Greg Roman, amid reports of secret meetings behind Rex Ryan’s back, two different sources have confirmed to me that there had been ongoing discussions regarding concerns of the offense since the tail end of last season. Additionally, I’m told Ryan and other high-ranking members of the organization, including owners Terry and Kim Pegula, had met several times over the course of the offseason to address these concerns.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sources-Roman-firing-was-about-eighteen-games-not-/22880313