Owners met with players WITHOUT Rex before Roman let go

GottaRun

Sal Capaccio Verified account ‏@SalSports

So, to conclude, this was essentially decision after 18 games not 2. There was hope things would be different. Became apparent they wouldn't

I get it but I dont. How could there be any problems with the first 16? As poorly as tyrod played in multiple games. If you look half by half, we had a good offense. This year sucked but how could you not be somewhat encouraged with the foundation they laid with hurt sammy and hurt McCoy. Who saw such a monumental let down coming?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Wawrow @john_wawrow 2m2 minutes ago Buffalo, NY

John Wawrow Retweeted Sean Carroll

Truth's somewhere in the middle, & it'll take years to filter out nuance. Bottom line: Roman gone. #Bills in crisis

Sean Carroll @spcarroll19

@john_wawrow is anyone right? Are some local media swayed/influenced to try and put a more positive spin on it?

John Wawrow Retweeted ?

If that's what you believe how it actually happened.

@Na_Na_Nesci

@john_wawrow next coach will be in the jauron, gailey, Rex mold. No good coach is gonna put up with ownership holding meetings with players.

Isn't jw the guy who said this, right here on this board?:

"too often, athletes stick with what's safe without crossing the bounds of fantasy potential.

too bad that this isn't peyton manning or tiger woods for that matter. it would resonate far more. too often the "stars" stay to the script of not rocking the boat. and less often do those in the public sphere speak out today as opposed to the rebellious 60s. this disregard for saying what one feels or believes in is partially what's got us to this safe and ignorant place, where whatever the punce Hannity says is considered to be "factual" by some."

Come on man. He's talking today about internal CYA politics. The quote you just referenced was about public political issues. Are you being purposely obtuse with this stuff?

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 2m2 minutes ago Buffalo, NY

Truth's somewhere in the middle, & it'll take years to filter out nuance. Bottom line: Roman gone. #Bills in crisis

Sean Carroll ‏@spcarroll19

@john_wawrow is anyone right? Are some local media swayed/influenced to try and put a more positive spin on it?

John Wawrow Retweeted ?

@Na_Na_Nesci

@john_wawrow next coach will be in the jauron, gailey, Rex mold. No good coach is gonna put up with ownership holding meetings with players.

You don't think Jerry Jones meets with players?

Isn't jw the guy who said this, right here on this board?:

"too often, athletes stick with what's safe without crossing the bounds of fantasy potential.

too bad that this isn't peyton manning or tiger woods for that matter. it would resonate far more. too often the "stars" stay to the script of not rocking the boat. and less often do those in the public sphere speak out today as opposed to the rebellious 60s. this disregard for saying what one feels or believes in is partially what's got us to this safe and ignorant place, where whatever the punce Hannity says is considered to be "factual" by some."

jw didn't say that he responded to that tweet

I get it but I dont. How could there be any problems with the first 16? As poorly as tyrod played in multiple games. If you look half by half, we had a good offense. This year sucked but how could you not be somewhat encouraged with the foundation they laid with hurt sammy and hurt McCoy. Who saw such a monumental let down coming?

Its bs spin by the team. Every mouthpiece of the team (murphy, jones, brown, sal) beat us over the head with the "offense is fine, its just a matter of whether or not the defense can improve"... and furthermore the team went all in for defense in the draft.

Now the spin has shifted to "roman didnt like it here and has been the problem for 18 games".

This franchise has been doing this for too long. Way too easy to see through them

Edited by May Day 10

Come on man. He's talking today about internal CYA politics. The quote you just referenced was about public political issues. Are you being purposely obtuse with this stuff?

he said politics and sports. This CYA buffoonery isn't really politics. it's how business is done. Boss says do this. you do it or get fired.

jw didn't say that he responded to that tweet

wrong

He's a perennial Rooney candidate. Nothing wrong with admitting that.

Who are the 3 others (besides Roman and Lyn) who are "experienced signal callers on the staff"?

Pulling the ROONEY card I see.

My judgements have been made.

After this I hope I have the strength to never respond to you again, as you are not worth the calories I have burned thus far responding to you.

Chris Palmer

AAron Kromer

I said two to three, and as I have stated, you don't deserve my time to see if there is a third. Pound sand you thinly veiled...

So they knew last season, but instead of making the move they "knew" was right, they decided on ruining another season.

And lets not forget we went from a top 5 defense to.... this in 18 games

DIDNT even take 18 games lol. It seemed instantaneous. As soon as Pettine left or defense went from elite to a joke

You don't think Jerry Jones meets with players?

And he also has a lap dog as a coach.

To be fair to the Pegulas, top coaches may understand the player meeting given that the coach was Rex. Also Rex may have been invited and demurred given he had to call his travel agent so he could go to Clemson which is clearly more important to him.

After this I hope I have the strength to never respond to you again, as you are not worth the calories I have burned thus far responding to you.

Chris Palmer

AAron Kromer

I said two to three, and as I have stated, you don't deserve my time to see if there is a third. Pound sand you thinly veiled...

And David Lee

Chris Palmer

AAron Kromer

This is some gold right there. Keep losing weight.

And David Lee

??

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 2m2 minutes ago Buffalo, NY

Sean Carroll ‏@spcarroll19

John Wawrow Retweeted ?

@Na_Na_Nesci

Do you realize you are reposting random people's tweets/thoughts?

And he also has a lap dog as a coach.

To be fair to the Pegulas, top coaches may understand the player meeting given that the coach was Rex. Also Rex may have been invited and demurred given he had to call his travel agent so he could go to Clemson which is clearly more important to him.

Of course owners speak with players all the time. But this situation is just not looking good. We can all agree that Rex should be canned. If the Pegula's are to make it a habit of bypassing Rex to speak to the players, then move on from Rex now.

As an example, Jeff Lurie did much the same for game 14 last year when he gave the Eagles a pre game pep talk and started to speak more frequently with the players. Shortly after, Chip was out.

Edited by BillsinChesterSprings