Owners met with players WITHOUT Rex before Roman let go

GottaRun

I don't have an issue with this folks. So we have active owners who want to drill down on the issues with the team? They've always been supportive of their players and coaches - some would say too supportive.

If this bodes poorly for anyone, it's Whaley, not Rex...

It bodes poorly for everyone; I think everyone has to be on the hot seat and hoenstly the only way to fix it is to bring a strong football guy in either as GM or someone who will hire a damn good one. Stability on the football side of the organization's is a must have otherwise it will be more of the same...

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep - that's clearly the implication. In fact, it basically says he was.

It sure does --many here are trying to spin this for Rex, but the clear implication from the article is that Rex didn't know about this meeting. he was, as previously reported, told to fire Roman.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Explain the Whaley part please...

I don't see the logical connection. You don't ask players about a game because you are questioning the GM. You do it to make sure the coach and the players' are aligned in their thinking. You do it to make sure you are getting the same explanations from both the coach and the players. To make sure the coach isn't trying to pull the wool over your eyes. I don't see how the GM ties in.

If you trust your GM, you have him drill down on these things instead of doing it yourselves.

oh please. look at cleveland and somehow they get hue jackson, look all around the league and see meddling owners. this couldn;t be further from the truth.

Look at Cleveland when they hired Pettine, he was like their 12th candidate...

If you trust your GM, you have him drill down on these things instead of doing it yourselves.

The problem is, is that the GM doesn't have the reporting authority to do it. Rex doesn't report into Whaley. Doug is castrated in this org structure

I disagree.

As an owner of a business, any business - NFL or not, you are an idiot if you don't pay attention to what the guys in the trenches are thinking to the best of your ability.

You don't turn a blind eye to all of your factory workers and just ask their boss to find out what is going on with "the guys". You go ask the guys if you want to know the truth without question.

It sure does --many here are trying to spin this for Rex, but the clear implication from the article is that Rex didn't know about this meeting. he was, as previously reported, told to fire Roman.

So we are just going to ignore this part of the article? The other parts that don't say that are clearly accurate? :lol:

Ryan said he made the decision to fire Roman, then informed ownership of the decision. One source informed of the team's thinking suggested the Pegulas used the meetings to confirm that Ryan was considering getting rid of Roman after the Bills' Week 1 loss. The same source said the Bills are "Rex's team."

What if the source is Roman or Romans agent?

This whole story is unsubstantiated. Until the informant comes forward all it does is do damage to the Pegulas flawless reputation and the future of the Bills organization. Thats the part about this that ticks me off.

Seriously though, who can Pegs turn to for advise on a matter like this?

Russ Brandon? :lol:

Doug Whaley? :lol:

He has nowhere else to turn. I don't blame him for getting input from the players, though he has no one to blame but himself for not dumping these chumps and installing a true director of football operations. I will take this as a positive, he may be finally realizing just how big of a mess he has.

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13 2m2 minutes ago

Joe Banner Retweeted Jason Cole

If they decide at some point to change HC, this will not sit well with the people they interview

Jason Cole Verified account @JasonColeBR

Assuming @RapSheet report is true about Pegulas talking to #Bills offensive players about Roman, it's not first time Pegulas have done that

So we are just going to ignore this part of the article? The other parts that don't say that are clearly accurate? :lol:

Ryan said he made the decision to fire Roman, then informed ownership of the decision. One source informed of the team's thinking suggested the Pegulas used the meetings to confirm that Ryan was considering getting rid of Roman after the Bills' Week 1 loss. The same source said the Bills are "Rex's team."

There is always another "team source" that comes out after the story breaks to say that all is well. You think the Bills are just going to let this huge story just sit there as the Pegula's are conspiring with the players to axe the OC?

Owners pressure HC's to fire staff members. WHy is this surprising--or even a "conspiracy"?

BREAKING NEWS

Owner pays $1.4 Billion for company and speaks to some of his employees.

The horror.

You'd think people would be happy that they aren't just listening to what Rex is selling them after such failures. I get the feeling TBD thinks of them as witless billionaires, who have no idea what is going on, but tinkering none the less.

I have no issue with Pegulas talking to players to check on HC and such.

Rex said this was his move which does go right along with Rex history or pressure on thibgs bad fire the OC.

Not to mention Roman was not one of Rex boys or family ala Donnie Henderson as well.

I need Rex gone this team is doing nothing with him as HC

What if the source is Roman or Romans agent?

This whole story is unsubstantiated. Until the informant comes forward all it does is do damage to the Pegulas flawless reputation and the future of the Bills organization. Thats the part about this that ticks me off.

Why do you keep repeating this? If reporters have trusted sources, why is it that you know differently? You want them to name their sources?? That's not how this works you know...

There is always another "team source" that comes out after the story breaks to say that all is well. You think the Bills are just going to let this huge story just sit there as the Pegula's are conspiring with the players to axe the OC?

Owners pressure HC's to fire staff members. WHy is this surprising--or even a "conspiracy"?

Point to me where in the article any source has claimed the Owner's were meeting with players to conspire about firing Roman? Or that Rex had no idea they wanted Roman gone? All it says is that they met with players, they let it stew in your mind for awhile, and then at the very end say "but it could've been for verification of what Rex was telling them"

Good article from Bucky yesterday

http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com/2016/09/18/why-whats-happening-at-one-bills-drive-seems-so-familiar/

"Clearly, they need help at the top from outside the organization. They aren’t sure where to turn because they don’t know where to begin. They can’t trust advice from inside the organization from people who are either trying to get promoted or protect their jobs. The chore is hiring someone to hire everyone else.

Over the past five years, they have wasted tens of millions of dollars after making poor decisions on players, coaches and other personnel. In the early days with the Sabres, they figured money would solve most problems. It led to more bad decisions, players getting overpaid and more losing.

The Bills are a dysfunctional franchise because they have under-qualified people in charge, The coach should be fired, but problems start at the top. It’s time for them to clean house."

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 4m4 minutes ago

Owners hire football people and should let football people do their jobs. If they don't like how they are performing, fire football people

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Poor Pegs. :(

5899-1024x935.jpg

Edited by Rico

I don't have an issue with this folks. So we have active owners who want to drill down on the issues with the team? They've always been supportive of their players and coaches - some would say too supportive.

If this bodes poorly for anyone, it's Whaley, not Rex...

It's undermining your coach. If my boss is having meetings with my employees, I better get my resume out there because he obviously doesn't trust my ability to manage my department. No different with Rex.

Agreed and it's probably more complicated than that. Sometimes executives are afraid to suggest to their owners that they fire someone and eat their contract. So the owners sense this and get involved directly. When that happens they're doing their executive a favor. I've been involved in that sort of situation. It's quite possible Rex wanted Roman gone but was more comfortable with the Pegulas coming to that conclusion themselves, as well. I have a hard time believing that if Rex wanted Roman to stay, the Pegulas would've forced the move anyhow.

It's undermining your coach. If my boss is having meetings with my employees, I better get my resume out there because he obviously doesn't trust my ability to manage my department. No different with Rex.

I respectfully disagree. They may have been doing Rex a favor.