Owners met with players WITHOUT Rex before Roman let go

GottaRun

If this story is true, this is a big red flag. The owners are talking to the players. How dysfunctional is that? They don't trust/believe in the HC or GM anymore. I have lived in DC the past 18 years. This smells like Dan Snyder. Terrible. Just fire everybody and get someone to run the football operations and stay out of it. Geesh.

It sounds exactly like Dan Snyder . Next thing you know the Pegulas will be hanging out with Tyrod.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is the GM. this was a pretty big in season move. Is the Lynn promotion permanent or simply a 14 game audition? Whaley put this roster together. I just assume he would have some kind of comment on this. I understand Rex does not need Whaley's permission too talk too ownership about letting the highest paid,OC in the league. But if a team is unifed I would assume both of them talked to Pegula about the change or in the very least Whaley agreed with it. Again it just seems weird the GM is not in the conversation dealing with the change.

Again... how do you know he wasnt? Too many ass umptions here.

Good luck finding coaches who want to work for the bills if this is the type of owners that are here. No coach wants to work for owners to do this type of thing.

Which is why they will have to clean the entire house and bring in a bigger football name as a GM, czar who hires a GM. No way anyone will step into this disaster...

dude are you trying to give me an aneurism :death:

I wasn't trying to but it's definitely an added bonus :nana:

I think it's safe to say that the Pegula's honeymoon period is well and truly over. Terry is good friends with Robert Kraft, I'm not sure he'd help a rival but he should be asking for advice on which opinions he should trust within NFL circles.

La Canfora has an article up on cbssports.com suggesting that this is it for in-season firings for the Bills, but makes it sound like it is "Survivor" for everyone else. Interesting points about Whaley having disagreements with Marrone and Roman about using the available offensive talent. I think we need a GM who the Pegulas will let run the football operations without interference from them. If all of this is true about the Friday meeting, the Pegulas are making the GM position much less attractive to potential replacements for Whaley.

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 3m3 minutes ago

YardsPerPass.com Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Disaster, f'ing disaster What on God's green earth do Kim and Terry know about football? Terry is a hockey guy

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 2m2 minutes ago

Not only that... future coaches see this **** and stay away

YardsPerPass.com ‏@YardsPerPass 3m3 minutes ago

Disaster, f'ing disaster What on God's green earth do Kim and Terry know about football? Terry is a hockey guy

YardsPerPass.com ‏@YardsPerPass 2m2 minutes ago

Not only that... future coaches see this **** and stay away

oh please. look at cleveland and somehow they get hue jackson, look all around the league and see meddling owners. this couldn;t be further from the truth.

I wasn't trying to but it's definitely an added bonus :nana:

I think it's safe to say that the Pegula's honeymoon period is well and truly over. Terry is good friends with Robert Kraft, I'm not sure he'd help a rival but he should be asking for advice on which opinions he should trust within NFL circles.

Like Putin giving Trump tips on how to run America.

Again... how do you know he wasnt? Too many ass umptions here.

Too my knowledge he has been radio silent. IMO unusal for a general manager of a NFL team after a major coaching change is made. maybe it is because of the reporting structure. which in itself is unusual IMO. But you would think after Roman was canned he would have said something to support his head coaches decision. Yea maybe i am reading too much onto this but the organization seems quite dysfunctional. I'll ask again why didn't Rex can Roman in the off season and give the new OC some time? It's not like Roman called a single crap game and he is now out of the picture.

Better be careful with what we believe in the coming months. As the season progresses these people will be leaking and trying to make sure they aren't left without a chair. Media is circling and loving this.

Exactly.

This story is much to do about nothing. It is pure media fantasy acting like there is a Category 5 hurricane coming ashore when we are just supposed to get a light rain.

Oh my god. The world is ending. The owners asked some players why they think the team played the way they did. Oh dear lord noooooooooooooo!

Good article from Bucky yesterday

http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com/2016/09/18/why-whats-happening-at-one-bills-drive-seems-so-familiar/

"Clearly, they need help at the top from outside the organization. They aren’t sure where to turn because they don’t know where to begin. They can’t trust advice from inside the organization from people who are either trying to get promoted or protect their jobs. The chore is hiring someone to hire everyone else.

Over the past five years, they have wasted tens of millions of dollars after making poor decisions on players, coaches and other personnel. In the early days with the Sabres, they figured money would solve most problems. It led to more bad decisions, players getting overpaid and more losing.

The Bills are a dysfunctional franchise because they have under-qualified people in charge, The coach should be fired, but problems start at the top. It’s time for them to clean house."

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 4m4 minutes ago

Owners hire football people and should let football people do their jobs. If they don't like how they are performing, fire football people

Mike Catalana @MikeCatalana 3m3 minutes ago

Mike Catalana Retweeted Ian Rapoport

This is why I have believe Rex and Whaley have been on hot seat. "Continuity " not factor at One Bills Drive

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 3m3 minutes ago

How I imagine this stuff going down... TP: Tyrod why did you play so bad? TT: The playcalls were bad TP: Oh ok, thanks

I don't have an issue with this folks. So we have active owners who want to drill down on the issues with the team? They've always been supportive of their players and coaches - some would say too supportive.

If this bodes poorly for anyone, it's Whaley, not Rex...

Explain the Whaley part please...

I don't see the logical connection. You don't ask players about a game because you are questioning the GM. You do it to make sure the coach and the players' are aligned in their thinking. You do it to make sure you are getting the same explanations from both the coach and the players. To make sure the coach isn't trying to pull the wool over your eyes. I don't see how the GM ties in.

Ryan said he made the decision to fire Roman, then informed ownership of the decision. One source informed of the team's thinking suggested the Pegulas used the meetings to confirm that Ryan was considering getting rid of Roman after the Bills' Week 1 loss. The same source said the Bills are "Rex's team."

From the last paragraph. Come on people read the whole article, they put this last part in because they knew the rest of the article was BS aimed to generate controversy.

It is not a sign of dysfunction although NFL traditionalists won't like it. When owners start meeting with non-executive employees it can be a good way to find out whether the information the executives have been giving the owners is accurate. It's a sign that the Pegulas are desperate to get this thing fixed. It does NOT mean they're Dan Snyder, who never supported his coaches and played favorites with his players.