Owners met with players WITHOUT Rex before Roman let go

GottaRun

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting. Fits with either narrative - either the owners were not feeling Roman and wanted to see if the players take matched, then put the screws to Ryan - or Ryan told them what he wanted to do and they wanted to verify his thinking with a pulse check on the players.

Either way, all signs point to Ryan stock not high in Pegula-land, but I'd say the "Ryan Scapegoat" theory looks less plausible.

thanks for the link

More fuel for the conspiracy fire.

? I thought the conspiracy theory was that Rex axed Roman to eliminate his replacement as interim head coach. Or that Rex axed Roman as his 'escape goat' when the D is a real problem.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

? I thought the conspiracy theory was that Rex axed Roman to eliminate his replacement as interim head coach. Or that Rex axed Roman as his 'escape goat' when the D is a real problem.

Yes and yes and many more conspiracies like - The Pegulas are pulling the strings behind the scenes like puppet masters and Rex is their puppet. :thumbsup:

so I guess Ryan wanted to can Roman after game 1 (interesting because if so why wasn't he canned in the off season). Ryan takes this too management and ownership. For some reason Roman stays for game 2. Then the Pegulas have a players meeting to get the pulse of what their thinking is regarding canning Roman. Ryan gets the results of this meeting and ownership green lighted letting Roman go.

IMO the takeaways are.

It actually was Ryans idea to can Roman

The Pegulas are not thrilled with Rex. To the point they ask the players for their opinion of Romans coaching. it would seem they do not trust Rex's opinion and possibly Whaley. Who both report independently too ownership. that in itself is kind of unusual I think.

Rex is indeed on the hotseat. And IMO this meeting is in no way, shape or form meddeling on the sense like Jerrah or say Synder. I think they are trying to get the teams pulse. What is weird is that the GM is strangely silent as far as I am aware of this whole thing.

Who released this? Who is the source? Imagine if it was rex

Could have been any one of the offensive players they interviewed. Who knows?

I think the only reason this is a story is because of the suspicion already out there.

If I am an owner, I would be interviewing my guys all the time trying to keep my finger on the pulse of what is going on with the team. I'm not going to just sit back in the owner's box and wonder - "gee I wonder if my team is going to be any good today or not"

I would be learning everything I can about what is going on - After all, I just invested a billion and a half in the team.

I bet a lot of owners talk to players the day after games all the time. I would think this is completely normal.

Its just a story today because of the conspiracies out there.

Edited by PolishDave