The best description of tt:

Luck is a very good QB who has made the AFCCG by his 3rd year carrying his team. Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles are all QB's who started out of the gate and look pretty good 2-3 years later. None of those guys are in the "that's all she wrote" phase. Winston and Mariota may take steps forward and join them, or fall down like TT and the rest of your examples. It's more likely that EJM, Gabbert, and RG3 just stink.

The QB's drafted in the last 5 years with 1 year of playing time are Winston, Mariota, Carr, Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel, Geno, EJM, Luck, Wilson, Tanny, Kaep, Cam, Dalton, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder.

About half of them have been proven successful. Some are close. Almost all of them started out of the gate. The ones that didn't, Kaep, Manziel, are both terrible. I don't know if this paints the "sitting works," angle.

I'm not saying never start a rookie. Bridgewater, Carr and arguably Bortles were at least semi-polished coming out of the gate. Cardale simply isn't. We all know that and it is ok. The raw QBs don't develop. You can't name anybody as raw as Cardale EVER starting so early and developing into anything because it has never happened. None of the guys are your list of positives compare to Cardale in terms of how raw he is.

Luck got forced into play because Manning wanted out. He was pretty polished but a turnover machine at the NFL level. The crap about AFCCG is a joke because KC crushed him them fumbled 47 times in the second half. He plays in what has been a crap division until recently and as such gets a home playoff game. When under any duress he turns the ball over constantly. I realize he is Kim Jung QB and cannot be criticized but a year on the bench would have helped him

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying never start a rookie. Bridgewater, Carr and arguably Bortles were at least semi-polished coming out of the gate. Cardale simply isn't. We all know that and it is ok. The raw QBs don't develop. You can't name anybody as raw as Cardale EVER starting so early and developing into anything because it has never happened. None of the guys are your list of positives compare to Cardale in terms of how raw he is.

Luck got forced into play because Manning wanted out. He was pretty polished but a turnover machine at the NFL level. The crap about AFCCG is a joke because KC crushed him them fumbled 47 times in the second half. He plays in what has been a crap division until recently and as such gets a home playoff game. When under any duress he turns the ball over constantly. I realize he is Kim Jung QB and cannot be criticized but a year on the bench would have helped him

What kind of bench is best to teach him ?

Cedar ? Oak ? Pine ? Metal ?

Tyrod did not have a good game but you're actually saying he is the reason the bills lost? You know the Jets had 493 yards of offence right? Find me a team who lets up that many yards and wins the game

The lowly Oakland Raiders gave up 507 yards and won last week. But, coaching decisions as well as above adequate QB play kept them in the game. We don't really have either of those things.

He is a QB who can not read the coverage or the field. Take away the deep throws and he is worst than EJ. His short and medium throws are erratic.

Think he's better than EJ but still thats what I see. He more or less guesses with every throw....still he's better than what we've seen up here in a longggg time Edited by CDogg20

Beating up on Tyrod is kinda pointless. Anyone with a mind knows he ain't the answer. He is just one of many guys on the roster that aren't good enough.

They need to get Cardale on the field at some point this season (but not too soon), and get his development on the fast track.

Taylor has weaknesses, but on balance he adds up to an average NFL QB. There are many who are better, and a bunch who are worse. He has some real weaknesses, obviously, but he has some obvious strengths too. He is not the answer, but I will go out on a limb here and say that he's a better QB than Cardale Jones will ever be. That guy has sorta-bust written all over him (he can't be real bust because he's a 4th round pick). I hope I'm wrong about him, but I think the Bills really need to draft a QB in round 1 next year.

Taylor has weaknesses, but on balance he adds up to an average NFL QB. There are many who are better, and a bunch who are worse. He has some real weaknesses, obviously, but he has some obvious strengths too. He is not the answer, but I will go out on a limb here and say that he's a better QB than Cardale Jones will ever be. That guy has sorta-bust written all over him (he can't be real bust because he's a 4th round pick). I hope I'm wrong about him, but I think the Bills really need to draft a QB in round 1 next year.

Oh we need to draft a QB in rd#1 (if someone is worthy IE: no reaching!), but I don't want anyone who works for the team right now making that call; especially with Chad Kelly lingering around

Oh we need to draft a QB in rd#1 (if someone is worthy IE: no reaching!), but I don't want anyone who works for the team right now making that call; especially with Chad Kelly lingering around

I don't think you need to worry about that. If the team ends up as bad as I think they will, record wise, I can't see Whaley staying.

I dont care if you were there or not....I can see just fine from my TV in California.....

- No running game

- No ability to get short yardage (i.e. Where in the HELL is Jonathan WIlliams)

- Defense cant get off the field

- Defense cant stop 3rd down conversions

Tyrod is a part of the problem....but he is not THE problem

Why do you think that is? Did you see how many men the jets had in the box? A real QB would have picked that D apart with quick, accurate short passes

I don't think you need to worry about that. If the team ends up as bad as I think they will, record wise, I can't see Whaley staying.

I'm not. I am thinking 4 wins might be generous. While Whaley has done some good, he wasn't groomed enough by good people to learn to be a GM. He does have a good idea for pro-personnel

I didn't mean to imply that I have high hopes for Cardale. They need to draft a top prospect this next draft. It's just that I consider this season a fail, and want to see what MIGHT be there, in Cardale. They won't have anything more to lose by mid-season.

You can criticize Luck for being turnover-prone while also being cognizant that he's a pretty good QB when healthy, makes the postseason every year he plays, and competes in the postseason. He definitely isn't perfect, and he has been turnover happy in the postseason.

I agree with your take in terms of "rawness." I didn't realize that's what you meant with your original post.

Why do you think that is? Did you see how many men the jets had in the box? A real QB would have picked that D apart with quick, accurate short passes

It boggles the mind how fans don't see this. The last two weeks, the defenses have been committing to stop the run and daring the Bills to pass. FFS, a Ravens defender said as much after the game. The passes are there to be made, but Taylor isn't getting done. Either he's not smart enough to read the defense or he's not accurate enough on the quick strike throws or he's just not allowed to make adjustments at the line at the behest of his coaches. Or maybe a combination of all three. Regardless, the plays are there to be had. Can't blame the o-line or the RBs.

It boggles the mind how fans don't see this. The last two weeks, the defenses have been committing to stop the run and daring the Bills to pass. FFS, a Ravens defender said as much after the game. The passes are there to be made, but Taylor isn't getting done. Either he's not smart enough to read the defense or he's not accurate enough on the quick strike throws or he's just not allowed to make adjustments at the line at the behest of his coaches. Or maybe a combination of all three. Regardless, the plays are there to be had. Can't blame the o-line or the RBs.

This.

Maybe he is just not that QB

He doesn't have to be "that QB". The dichotomy some present between a very rare "magical franchise man" QB who can carry the team on his back to victory, vs a "horrid QB" totally obscures the point of what's going on right now. There are only 3-4 "magical franchise man" QB in the league, right now one of them is suspended and one of them hasn't seen playoffs for a while. Yet somehow teams win every week with a capable passing game.

Right now teams are focused on stuffing the run (including TT runs) and squatting on the intermediate sideline throws. They are daring Taylor to make intermediate throws over the middle, which are throws that many "meh" QB in the league continually move the chains with. They will give him the occasional deep bomb - those are low-percentage throws for any QB and you can't live off of them in the NFL.

There was some doubt last Sunday as the line really did play poorly with linemen (including our best) getting jammed and missed or muffed assignments. But the line (from what I could see) really redeemed itself and gave Tyrod a clean pocket most of the night. And he couldn't or wouldn't do it. So teams will continue to employ this winning strategy until Tyrod makes them pay consistently.

Laugh at me all you want, but it's time NOW to put Cardale Jones in and see if HE can play. It's painfully obvious that this is a 5 win team at best, so just say F&*K it now, and see if the kid has anything.

I cannot explain how dissapointed I am in Tyrods play. I thought we had an answer finally, but, like many others realize I'm painfully mistaken.

I am laughing at you. If the Bills have any hope to develop Jones as a QB, this is exactly what they must RESIST the temptation to do. You will ruin his confidence while he still doesn't know what he's seeing/doing and he won't have a run game to support him, which is the new QB best friend.

What the team (Roman) needs to do is figure out if they can somehow cobble together a running game with the backs that they have or could get - McCoy is not the "power run down your throat" guy they need for this - and figure out some kind of match between throws Tyrod can see and is willing to make and throws the D is giving us, other than the bomb.