Mario Says Dolphins D is "That Much Sweeter" for Him

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned in another post, the rumblings down here in Miami are not exactly glowing.

We shall see which Mario shows up for the Dolphins . . . or should I say which Mario decides to show up . . . .

Mario wont do anything in camp and preseason, thats just how he is. He will be the same Mario we saw his 1st 3 years in Buffalo. 50% of the time we wonder where he is, the other 50% he reminds us why he was getting paid so much.

For what reason? Everyone is picking them to finish dead last in the division.

Just call it a hunch.

Yeah, I really be pulling for our AFC East opponents :blink:

I didn't say I wanted the Dolphins to win games. I wished Mario success. Buffalo dicked him over with an asinine head coaching hire and I hope he can bounce back from it. Because under decent coaching, Mario performed very well in Buffalo.

Tannehill:

2015:Third most sacked QB, 9th in passing yards. 24/12

2014: Third most sacked QB, 11th in passing yards 27/12

2013: Most sacked QB in NFL, 10th in passing yards 24/17

Imagine if he had a line?

Isn't it partly on the QB to avoid sacks also? I saw in a post above that they're going to "quicker throws" for Tanny now...how much more dink and dunk can you get? The guy never threw down the field.

Just call it a hunch.

I didn't say I wanted the Dolphins to win games. I wished Mario success. Buffalo dicked him over with an asinine head coaching hire and I hope he can bounce back from it. Because under decent coaching, Mario performed very well in Buffalo.

You are a troubled soul.

Just call it a hunch.

:lol:

Boy, you really have some interesting takes... Yeah, they really dicked him over with that 100M contract that he repaid them with by quitting. !@#$ him

@SalSports

Mario Williams says everything is "that much sweeter" for him in Dolphins defensive scheme: http://www.wgr550.com/Mario-Williams-everything-is-that-much-sweeter-for/22865977

Is that why he's been getting run over all pre-season? Seriously, he's had some LOL moments of getting run right the f*** over.

The Dolphins defense was bad last season, it's been bad in pre-season, but I'm sure they'll be just fine...they have such depth at linebacker and corner.

Edited by jeremy2020

How many times will Mario lose contain on the read option this weekend in Seattle?

one would hope that the scheme would provide for the run support from the LB position, if the DL is just going after the QB.

think of spikes being like a NT at linebacker in the schwartz system that likewise told the DL to just go get the qb as an obvious example we are familiar with here.

A better troll job than most attempts you had this off season...

If we kept Marrone and Schwartz last year my money is still on a regression from Mario. He knew that he was getting cut due to salary at the end of the year. There was no way the Bills were keeping him at his price tag. Therefore he red shirted himself last year and made sure he didn't get hurt. What he didn't count on is what it did to his reputation. For being an amazing talent and coming off of a $100 million contract I don't think he thought he would only get 8 million on the open market. He even stated the first person to offer me 10 gets me. He did what Clowney did his Junior year in college except it didn't work out the same for him.

A better troll job than most attempts you had this off season...

If we kept Marrone and Schwartz last year my money is still on a regression from Mario. He knew that he was getting cut due to salary at the end of the year. There was no way the Bills were keeping him at his price tag. Therefore he red shirted himself last year and made sure he didn't get hurt. What he didn't count on is what it did to his reputation. For being an amazing talent and coming off of a $100 million contract I don't think he thought he would only get 8 million on the open market. He even stated the first person to offer me 10 gets me. He did what Clowney did his Junior year in college except it didn't work out the same for him.

Players play for one big contract. He got it. I'm pretty sure that he's got a hundred million other things to worry about other than his reputation. He stopped playing last year because he (along with the rest of the world) saw very early on that the Bills were going to be a horrible football team. He wisely chose to keep himself healthy and I can't/won't fault him for that.

You can guess all you want about how the D would have done under another year of Schwartz. The fact remains that under Schwartz, the D was great and so was Mario Williams.

Just call it a hunch.

Really?

The Bills dicked him over by paying him more money than any other player in the history of the franchise and he decided to go on strike?

Hmmm. Poor Mario.

@SalSports

Mario Williams says everything is "that much sweeter" for him in Dolphins defensive scheme: http://www.wgr550.com/Mario-Williams-everything-is-that-much-sweeter-for/22865977

Yeah he'll be "just going" to get blocked by Glenn or RT. Mario doesn't scare me.

I don't care how good he was. Any player that doesn't give 100% because of how he feels just tells me that if he has a bad day with his coaches at some point, he will underperform.

So all we need to do is hope the Dolphins DLine coach has a bad day and it will transfer to Mario playing bad.

Players play for one big contract. He got it. I'm pretty sure that he's got a hundred million other things to worry about other than his reputation. He stopped playing last year because he (along with the rest of the world) saw very early on that the Bills were going to be a horrible football team. He wisely chose to keep himself healthy and I can't/won't fault him for that.

You can guess all you want about how the D would have done under another year of Schwartz. The fact remains that under Schwartz, the D was great and so was Mario Williams.

I would have loved to be a fly on your wall during Sundays when he played the way he did to see if you said those exact words.

When Mario was half assing it on the field, i wonder if you looked at your buddies and said, hey man, i cant and won't blame him for not wanting to get hurt and i understand why he's not giving it 100%.

Get outta here with that bro.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

I hope Mario has a career year. He deserves it. I understood his frustrations with the defense last year.

1) I do blame him and his attitude towards Rex's game plan.

2) I also blame Rex's game plan for underutilizing the players on defense and not matching their skill set to the game plan.