Mario Says Dolphins D is "That Much Sweeter" for Him

26CornerBlitz

@SalSports

Mario Williams says everything is "that much sweeter" for him in Dolphins defensive scheme: http://www.wgr550.com/Mario-Williams-everything-is-that-much-sweeter-for/22865977

“Everything is that much sweeter as far as the mentality of this defense and the mentality of our players,” Williams told Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “You’re giving us the green light. So you go. That’s the biggest thing for all of us. We’ve all had different coaches. We’ve all had different schemes. It’s one of those things where it’s just ‘Whoah, really, just go?’ It’s that type of eye-opener. We’ve been getting used to that. Getting back to just going. We don’t have any other responsibilities, really, just go.”
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario had over 400 rushes last year in a 4 man

Fish strengths: DL, WRs?

Fish weaknesses: LBs, secondary, OL

Fish so-so: QB, RBs, TE

What's to be scared of?

I think Tannehill is a strength, his OL's have been terrible. They are talking about using quicker throws. Should really improve Tannehill's consistency and efficiency. He is a talented player.
He has a bunch of weapons.

The defense should get sacks, but can they cover? That will be the key. Miami, Bills, Jets are all talented teams and could finish in any order.

We don’t have any other responsibilities, really, just go.”

Great line from Mario there, he obviously doesn't want to think much while playing. I get it to an extent, but also, be a pro and do what you're told.

If their front 4 is only worried about attacking the QB, we better see a bunch of roll-outs, screens, draws, etc from the offense.

Remember when we had "the best DL in the NFL, on Paper?"

i do - i remember the exact day it went from the best d line on the field and back to simply on paper too.

Did Mario scare you in preseason? It looked to me like he was struggling to beat his guy.

ive never been scared of any players preseason performance.

I'm so happy for Mario that he is in a system that doesn't ask any more of him and his extraordinary athletic ability than he's willing to give. I'm sure his teammates, coaches, and fans are relieved that he won't make a conscious decision to quit on them as a result.

GO BILLS!!!