Mario Says Dolphins D is "That Much Sweeter" for Him

26CornerBlitz

Look. I can see that my stance is an unpopular one. I am NOT rooting for the Dolphins. I'm simply saying that Mario earned every penny he was paid whilst in Buffalo. He was part of a solid top 5 defense and played hard. Then came Rex. Force fed an antiquated crap defense down the throats of players who knew better. Who do we fault?? The player who proved he was one of the best? Or the coach who "led" a Jets team (that was so loaded with defensive talent that they couldn't lose) to a couple AFC Championship games almost a decade ago? I fault the figurehead schitty coach.

You guys do what you want. I hope Mario beats the crap out of our team in a Bills win. Twice.

Edited by Gugny

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a Mills fan, but Roman will have a plan ready for Mario if he warrants that kind of attention.

No doubt, but even if he draws the extra guy, he's taking away from something else. I'm not saying he'll tear us up, but he will be highly motivated in my mind and is still a physical freak, if not mentally tough. Unlike another Dolphin, I doubt he a crotch stomper, though.

Look. I can see that my stance is an unpopular one. I am NOT rooting for the Dolphins. I'm simply saying that Mario earned every penny he was paid whilst in Buffalo. He was part of a solid top 5 defense and played hard. Then came Rex. Force fed an antiquated crap defense down the throats of players who knew better. Who do we fault?? The player who proved he was one of the best? Or the coach who "led" a Jets team (that was so loaded with defensive talent) to a coup,e AFC Championship games almost a decade ago? I fault the figurehead schitty coach.

You guys do what you want. I hope Mario beats the crap out of our team in a Bills win. Twice.

You are dead to me, Gugny. I feel like Michael kissing Fredo at the New Year's party in Havana. You broke my heart, Fredo.

GO BILLS!!!

No doubt, but even if he draws the extra guy, he's taking away from something else. I'm not saying he'll tear us up, but he will be highly motivated in my mind and is still a physical freak, if not mentally tough. Unlike another Dolphin, I doubt he a crotch stomper, though.

I doubt Mario sees much double teaming.

GO BILLS!!!

If they can find a way to neutralize JJ Watt, I'm sure the Bills' coaches will not cower with the thought of facing Mario.

Look. I can see that my stance is an unpopular one. I am NOT rooting for the Dolphins. I'm simply saying that Mario earned every penny he was paid whilst in Buffalo. He was part of a solid top 5 defense and played hard. Then came Rex. Force fed an antiquated crap defense down the throats of players who knew better. Who do we fault?? The player who proved he was one of the best? Or the coach who "led" a Jets team (that was so loaded with defensive talent that they couldn't lose) to a couple AFC Championship games almost a decade ago? I fault the figurehead schitty coach.

If they can find a way to neutralize JJ Watt, I'm sure the Bills' coaches will not cower with the thought of facing Mario.

Don't put EJ at QB? :)

I'm not saying they cower, just that if he's got 2 games left, he'd like them to be against Rex.

Defense is as defense does. Let's see how they play, first.

Remember when we had "the best DL in the NFL, on Paper?"

Did Mario scare you in preseason? It looked to me like he was struggling to beat his guy.

What else is new? Mario couldn't beat a TE 1 on 1 last season.

I'm so happy for Mario that he is in a system that doesn't ask any more of him and his extraordinary athletic ability than he's willing to give. I'm sure his teammates, coaches, and fans are relieved that he won't make a conscious decision to quit on them as a result.

GO BILLS!!!

Just can't put the whip away, can ya? He's in a place where he'll be used in a way that suites him and he's happy. Place the blame on last season where it belongs, Rex. He did neuter the best dline, not Mario.

Mario is the Bills 5th all time sack leader in just 4 seasons and averaged double digits his first 3 for buffalo.... made 2 probowls as a bill.

He wasn't as loved as Fred Jackson, but in terms of production, he averaged between a Bruce and Schoebel annual production.

Fred average about 600 yds/season. Good, but never close to best in league.

It isn't love, it's just recognition of an elite talent. Yeah he mailed it in last year... But the guy can be one of the best DEs in the game or at least was.

Perfect post. I would love to see the board's opinion of Mario last year at this time.

If you don't think for at least half a season Mario wasnt game planned for, you're delusional. Mario was a huge part of the players Highes and Dareus became.

And I hope everyone is right and Mario is done and Rex just needed more time for his system. Because if Mario does have some gas in the take, we just lost an impact player at one of he most important positions in the NFL for a coach who is a lot closer to Dick Jauron than Belichick.

Just can't put the whip away, can ya? He's in a place where he'll be used in a way that suites him and he's happy. Place the blame on last season where it belongs, Rex. He did neuter the best dline, not Mario.

It's hilarious how no one ever talks about Hughes and Darues sack numbers getting cut in half last year. Or Preston Brown and Bradham getting worse.

Everyone regress so let because of Mario. Got it.

Because if Mario does have some gas in the take, we just lost an impact player at one of he most important positions in the NFL for a coach who is a lot closer to Dick Jauron than Belichick

He's closer to Rich Kotite than Dick Jauron. He's !@#$ing horrible. Go Mario.

From the outside looking in Mario Williams may have been a special player at but he looked like he was hurting your team last year. I dont recall very much love being shown for him when he was given the boot nor do I recall many teams fighting for his services. Overall I think you guys will finish 2nd in front of us barring injury.

I am not sure of the answer but 2 years ago how many truly good offenses did you face and stop? (I want a qualitative answer I can get the numbers on my own lol)

I ask because I didnt hear much about the Buffalo Defense till after the season when the talking heads add idiotic narratives. Sorry for the rambling post.

I blame Ryan for not having the stones to bench Mario's quitting a$$. Sure, Ryan was forcing square pegs and often looked clueless doing it, but nobody else up and quit on his teammates in the spectacular fashion that Mario did. Sorry, but attitude is a personal responsibility. I dont care how much you don't like the way you are being used. 19 combined tackles in 884 snaps indicates he didn't take that responsibility seriously. And somebody up thread mentioned Mario rushed the passer in over 400 of those 884. Who knows how many plays he could have made if he gave a schit?

How's this for my whip: instead of quitting on his teammates and fans like he did, I would have preferred he come out of the tunnel sporting two Bryan Cox birds for everyone to see. It would have been a much subtler message.

GO BILLS!!!

Perfect post. I would love to see the board's opinion of Mario last year at this time.

If you don't think for at least half a season Mario wasnt game planned for, you're delusional. Mario was a huge part of the players Highes and Dareus became.

And I hope everyone is right and Mario is done and Rex just needed more time for his system. Because if Mario does have some gas in the take, we just lost an impact player at one of he most important positions in the NFL for a coach who is a lot closer to Dick Jauron than Belichick.

It's hilarious how no one ever talks about Hughes and Darues sack numbers getting cut in half last year. Or Preston Brown and Bradham getting worse.

Everyone regress so let because of Mario. Got it.

Hughes and Dareus didn't quit. Mario did. Its hilarious how fans are so willing to accept thar from a player, especially one as talented. 19 combined tackles in 884 snaps. He should have doubled that by accident.

He's closer to Rich Kotite than Dick Jauron. He's !@#$ing horrible. Go Mario.

I'm not a giant Rex fan but I'm giving him the season. I just like consistency with people. A couple years ago, Rex was a loudmouth, overrated coach and Mario was one of the DEs here and great Buffalo guy (Snovember!).

Now, Mario is the scum of the earth because he called out being in a crap system that didn't use the strengths of the players.

Good news is in less than a week, we start to see who was right.

I blame Ryan for not having the stones to bench Mario's quitting a$$. Sure, Ryan was forcing square pegs and often looked clueless doing it, but nobody else up and quit on his teammates in the spectacular fashion that Mario did. Sorry, but attitude is a personal responsibility. I dont care how much you don't like the way you are being used. 19 combined tackles in 884 snaps indicates he didn't take that responsibility seriously. And somebody up thread mentioned Mario rushed the passer in over 400 of those 884. Who knows how many plays he could have made if he gave a schit?

How's this for my whip: instead of quitting on his teammates and fans like he did, I would have preferred he come out of the tunnel sporting two Bryan Cox birds for everyone to see. It would have been a much subtler message.

GO BILLS!!!

Hughes and Dareus didn't quit. Mario did. Its hilarious how fans are so willing to accept thar from a player, especially one as talented. 19 combined tackles in 884 snaps. He should have doubled that by accident.

Dareus went down by 8 sacks! And Hughes was probably a Rex favorite because of his multiple stupid personal foul penalties.

I will gladly admit I'm wrong if Rex turns things around and Mario is a shell of himself. But Mario was one of the best FAs this franchise has ever signed and could be outright dominant. People need to stop acting like he was some bum.

I'm not a giant Rex fan but I'm giving him the season. I just like consistency with people. A couple years ago, Rex was a loudmouth, overrated coach and Mario was one of the DEs here and great Buffalo guy (Snovember!).

Now, Mario is the scum of the earth because he called out being in a crap system that didn't use the strengths of the players.

Good news is in less than a week, we start to see who was right.

Rex is STILL a loudmouth, overrated coach.

Mario is not scum for calling out the system, he is scum for quitting on his teammates and fans. I'm amazed that is OK with people who profess to like this team and the players on it.

Mario is not scum for calling out the system, he is scum for quitting on his teammates and fans. I'm amazed that is OK with people who profess to like this team and the players on it.

It happens all the time and Mario wAs right. Andre Reed and TO quit on routes. You honestly think Darues was playing hard every down? Come on. I don't love it but Mario was right and think the players were all telling Rex he was wrong.

But new season, so it's time to turn the page.

No, that's not OK. I think I may be glad I don't know what was going on behind the scenes. I'm trying to look forward now.

is Mario doing his "I'm the alpha who controls locker room music" shtick in Miami?

You must not know anything about Mario. He is a real quiet dude. Of course, when you're 6'6" and were made to be a DE, you sort of command respect.

I enjoyed watching him, Kyle, and Darues work on their techniques on the sidelines.