Mario Says Dolphins D is "That Much Sweeter" for Him

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna be really easy to see this year if it was the man or the scheme.

The reason he fell so fast is he wasn't a real buffalo bill. He's a quitter and a prima donna. Was in Houston too.

But you're right, it will be easy to see if it was the man or the scheme this year, which is a cool thing about this debate (it will actually be settled)

I'm telling you I watched some of the NFL shortcuts just to verify this: he was getting handled consistently in one on ones against some no-name RT's. No counter moves, no explosiveness, getting stood up all the time.

All he has left is cleanup sacks on broken plays because of his length and still good against the screen play. Wait and see.

The reason he fell so fast is he wasn't a real buffalo bill. He's a quitter and a prima donna. Was in Houston too.

But you're right, it will be easy to see if it was the man or the scheme this year, which is a cool thing about this debate (it will actually be settled)

I'm telling you I watched some of the NFL shortcuts just to verify this: he was getting handled consistently in one on ones against some no-name RT's. No counter moves, no explosiveness, getting stood up all the time.

All he has left is cleanup sacks on broken plays because of his length and still good against the screen play. Wait and see.

Could be true, but also it wasn't the regular season. I'm hoping it's just him mailing it in every game this year but like you said, we'll wait and see.

So they got "deers", pythons and alligators in their backyards. Maybe he'll be able to use that gun he tweeted about to protect the deers.

Well, you were certainly in the vocal minority then. I did an experiment and searched through the archives to see if my memory was playing tricks on me, and let's just say that the board was still very pro-Mario at the end of October (a few started to question his production). An entertaining read to say the least.

I won't argue the lack of effort -- it clearly wasn't there at times, and he is on the wrong side of 30, but in the end it was the misuse of a dominant pass-rusher.

I also don't think you can quantify a DE's play using tackle numbers (I've never seen it), even in a scheme that preaches gap responsibility.

Because it took time for people to figure out what was going on. Ryan's coaching & scheme were blamed at the early part of the season, but as the games wore on, there were more grumblings in the locker room, which hit a peak in the Philly game when Mario was accused of faking his injury. Then with the benefit of a full season's game tape it was clear that he mailed it in after week 6.

Well, you were certainly in the vocal minority then. I did an experiment and searched through the archives to see if my memory was playing tricks on me, and let's just say that the board was still very pro-Mario at the end of October (a few started to question his production). An entertaining read to say the least.

I won't argue the lack of effort -- it clearly wasn't there at times, and he is on the wrong side of 30, but in the end it was the misuse of a dominant pass-rusher.

I also don't think you can quantify a DE's play using tackle numbers (I've never seen it), even in a scheme that preaches gap responsibility.

I'll vouch for K-9, as he was squarely in the corner of "Mario is dogging it" when many others (including myself) defended him.

I didn't pick up on hit until the back-to-back efforts against Washington and Philadelphia.

I'll vouch for K-9, as he was squarely in the corner of "Mario is dogging it" when many others (including myself) defended him.

I didn't pick up on hit until the back-to-back efforts against Washington and Philadelphia.

That's when it became painfully obvious that Mario quit on the team by completely mailing it in and going into self preservation mode. He stole money.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Like Orton? Because it seems like very few people called him out about it.

Yes. The difference is that Orton came out of retirement, and was saving himself for retirement. Mario was saving himself for his next payday/destination. Both were reprehensible (I called out Orton here, repeatedly), but Mario's was worse.

That's fair. I was calling Orton out in the NE with his turtles the second pressure came.

I guess we will start having our Mario answer in a few day. :). I question the plan to replace him and I could see this being a Levitre type situation (except Mario was actually a star player), at least until Lawson gets back.

That's fair. I was calling Orton out in the NE with his turtles the second pressure came.

I guess we will start having our Mario answer in a few day. :). I question the plan to replace him and I could see this being a Levitre type situation (except Mario was actually a star player), at least until Lawson gets back.

I think the difference with that situation is Rex doesn't need stars along his DL for his scheme to work well. Look at his DL in 09' and 10', he had players like DeVito, who were serviceable.