Update: Bridgewater suffers serious leg injury

GunnerBill

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this damn game. I despise it.

Sorry Blokes but I knew he would get injured eventuality due to his frailty, just thought it would be in a game.

Theses players are getting smaller and faster leading to more injuries.

The game was a lot more fun when it was based on smashmouth football with bigger and slower players who could take more of a beating due to their size and with less force on them due to their slightly less speed.

Am I the only one that finds that to be an incredibly stupid comment? A guy broke his leg playing football. Nobody died. Nobody is catatonic. What's with the funeral-type reaction? Calm the eff down.

(Insert obligatory Walter Sobchek quote here)

This isn't nam QB Bills, there are rules!

One of my absolutely favorite Bills ever, and the best pure tackler at any position I have ever seen.

Reading back through the thread and was just about to post a similar sentiment when I saw your post. Every DB (and defensive player, for that matter) should be forced to watch a highlight reel of Winfield tackling receivers and running backs.

Am I the only one that finds that to be an incredibly stupid comment? A guy broke his leg playing football. Nobody died. Nobody is catatonic. What's with the funeral-type reaction? Calm the eff down.

(Insert obligatory Walter Sobchek quote here)

I think he's saying that, by comparison, this isn't the world crashing down around us

Reading back through the thread and was just about to post a similar sentiment when I saw your post. Every DB (and defensive player, for that matter) should be forced to watch a highlight reel of Winfield tackling receivers and running backs.

if you want to feel old, his son is a freshman DB at University of Minnesota. Antoine Winfield, Jr. Is 5'10" 185 :thumbsup:

Sorry Blokes but I knew he would get injured eventuality due to his frailty, just thought it would be in a game.

Theses players are getting smaller and faster leading to more injuries.

The game was a lot more fun when it was based on smashmouth football with bigger and slower players who could take more of a beating due to their size and with less force on them due to their slightly less speed.

lol this was a freak injury. Quarterbacks not named Romo these days rarely get injured and can play until they're 50. Starting QB's usually missed at least two or three games per season in the 90's. Now, it's rare for a QB to play less than 15 or 16 games.

@PatKirwanCBS

#MIN has Shaun Hill ready to step in & he’s an experienced veteran, but they need another vet in case he goes down: http://goo.gl/fxVmh8

#MIN is a veteran, win now team, so recently released Mettenberger isnt the answer, neither is G.Smith or A.Murray

I'll hazard a guess that they go after one of the McCown boys.

Josh could be had if Cleveland is ready to make Kessler the backup; same can be said for Luke if NO is ready to roll with Grayson backing up Brees.

@PatKirwanCBS

#MIN has Shaun Hill ready to step in & he’s an experienced veteran, but they need another vet in case he goes down: http://goo.gl/fxVmh8

#MIN is a veteran, win now team, so recently released Mettenberger isnt the answer, neither is G.Smith or A.Murray

they say glennon is better than geno or sanchez? have they seen that guy play?

You plant your foot then rotate your body and your planted foot sticks and stays put. The knee is the weak link and bammo!

I'm telling you guys, Astroturf is to knees like knife is to butter.

The field they were practicing on is FieldTurf -- but yes, a synthetic surface.

The field they were practicing on is FieldTurf -- but yes, a synthetic surface.

Speaking of, Dear Terry and Kim, pleeeeeeeease get rid of the Field Turf at The Ralph New Era Field STAT!!!

:beer:

I would prefer to keep EJ here. Tyrod has yet to play an entire season in the NFL.

Unfortunately, really no choice imho. Cardale not ready to backup........and need at least one who has been through camp...unless you pickup an old timer.....like Sanchaise.......Pleeeeeasssse.....don't do that to us.........