Update: Bridgewater suffers serious leg injury

GunnerBill

they did go 11-5 with him at the helm

And this just shows what an ultimate team game football is. I would argue that a defense that was top 5 in points allowed and Adrian Peterson were the main reasons for their record.

But as with any young qb, he is still growing. But his production wasn't anything irreplaceable.

Nobody is denying that Teddy hasn't got a cannon but his placement is exceptional. Deep balls are not sustainable, intermediate throws are. That's where Teddy thrives. I've watched every game of his sophomore/junior years, every game as a rookie and a handful of games last year. I'd still take Teddy 1st overall in any draft and as my franchise QB.

When you have the highest amount of 7-step drops and the worst pass blocking OL in the league, the finger points to Norv.

So, you're biased. :)

I like a lot about his game but his arm does worry me a lot. I think his ceiling is Chad Pennington, who had a solid career. But I don't ever see him being an elite qb. I could be wrong though.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're biased. :)

I like a lot about his game but his arm does worry me a lot. I think his ceiling is Chad Pennington, who had a solid career. But I don't ever see him being an elite qb. I could be wrong though.

Little bit. :lol:

Just my personal thing but I don't actually look at stat lines before I watch a QB. I just evaluate the skill set, production is a by-product of many factors. I count blown OL assignments and drops as I go. Teddy's skill set blew me away. Of course I'd love the arm to be stronger but Tom Brady is HOF bound without hitting a consistent deep ball for as long as I've watched football.

I'm not sure what his ceiling is. He's not like many QBs I've ever watched. I wholeheartedly believe there is something special about that kid, on and off the field.

Little bit. :lol:

Just my personal thing but I don't actually look at stat lines before I watch a QB. I just evaluate the skill set, production is a by-product of many factors. I count blown OL assignments and drops as I go. Teddy's skill set blew me away. Of course I'd love the arm to be stronger but Tom Brady is HOF bound without hitting a consistent deep ball for as long as I've watched football.

I'm not sure what his ceiling is. He's not like many QBs I've ever watched. I wholeheartedly believe there is something special about that kid, on and off the field.

I respect your opinion on this. I really do like a lot about TB's game. But if he can't make you pay deep, teams are going to crowd him and take away the short stuff.

And Brady had a stronger arm than Bridgewater. Bridgewater also has the advantage of playing with one of the great rbs ever.

I respect your opinion on this. I really do like a lot about TB's game. But if he can't make you pay deep, teams are going to crowd him and take away the short stuff.

And Brady had a stronger arm than Bridgewater. Bridgewater also has the advantage of playing with one of the great rbs ever.

He was starting to hit the deeper stuff in practice. Sounded like the scheme was changing to fit him. This would've been the year to write a conclusive book on Teddy.

Now we might never know.

Has anyone blamed Rex or Doug yet?

This quote is right on the money and very touching. Perspective.

Zimmer: "You know what? My wife died 7 years ago. That was a tough day. The sun came up the next day and people went back to work. That's what we're going to do."