Update: Bridgewater suffers serious leg injury

GunnerBill

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E.g. Robert Edwards.

RE had nerve and vascular damage. I believe the doctors said that if he had come in just a little later than he did, they would have had to amputate his leg. So TB has that going for him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/MIN/minnesota-vikings

Vikings' Teddy Bridgewater: MRI reveals torn ACL

Bridgewater has officially been diagnosed with a torn ACL, a dislocated knee, and other structural damage, Ben Goessling of ESPN.com reports.

Interestingly Moritz Böhringer, the German football player, made 75 man cut with 2 other WRs cut.

Players cut to reach 75: DE Theiren Cockran, G Sean Hickey, TE Brian Leonhardt, DE Claudell Louis, WR Marken Michel, LB Terrance Plummer, G Austin Shepherd, WR Terrell Sinkfield, QB Brad Sorensen, C John Sullivan, S Antone Exum, DE Scott Crichton

There's a report that the call from the Vikings' facility to EMS came in as "dislocated knee" -- and with reports Teddy had to be sedated for an MRI one can only imagine the pain he must have been in. So sad.

He may have had to be sedated to stop muscle spasms from screwing up the MRI, though yeah, can be pretty bad pain

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/MIN/minnesota-vikings

Vikings' Teddy Bridgewater: MRI reveals torn ACL

Interestingly Moritz Böhringer, the German football player, made 75 man cut with 2 other WRs cut.

Players cut to reach 75: DE Theiren Cockran, G Sean Hickey, TE Brian Leonhardt, DE Claudell Louis, WR Marken Michel, LB Terrance Plummer, G Austin Shepherd, WR Terrell Sinkfield, QB Brad Sorensen, C John Sullivan, S Antone Exum, DE Scott Crichton

Call me crazy - Bills should pick up Antone Exum. He's $ and the Vikes were just fat on safeties. Bills aren't ..

Call me crazy - Bills should pick up Antone Exum. He's $ and the Vikes were just fat on safeties. Bills aren't ..

Not such Exum is healthy enough; you should not be taking chances with preseason replacements.

MyCole Pruitt, Antone Exum Jr. set for further testing on injured legs

Exum Jr., a third-year safety, left in the first half after getting his leg twisted in a pileup on a kickoff return. He had an X-ray exam done, which didn’t show anything, Zimmer said. Exum Jr. had a brace on his left knee after the game.

Unless Aaron Williams is cut / decides to retire I think they are happy with current safeties.

I hope they are looking for a DB with returner skills - I miss the days when Bills were feared for their return skills (i.e. Winfield)

Edited by Koolaid

Unless Aaron Williams is cut / decides to retire I think they are happy with current safeties.

I hope they are looking for a DB with returner skills - I miss the days when Bills were feared for their return skills (i.e. Winfield)

You thinking of Clements or Terrence McGee? Antoine was never a return man. He had one return for 0 yards in his career. Great player though.

He also had only 6 INTs for 32 yards.

You thinking of Clements or Terrence McGee? Antoine was never a return man. He had one return for 0 yards in his career. Great player though.

He also had only 6 INTs for 32 yards.

Ahh, but the run support made my heart flutter. :)

Oops, came in late, talking about Antoine.

Maybe the reason for the increase of injuries due to non-contact in recent years is due to people not eating their spinach....

"Eat your spinach, you no good infink. Eat it. Eat it! Eat it!" -Poopdeck Pappy

Edited by gr8billsfan

One of my absolutely favorite Bills ever, and the best pure tackler at any position I have ever seen.

I recall him flying up in run support on a sweep to his side and he went into a slide like a runner going into 2nd base. Went right under the pulling OL, and popped up, then wrapped up the RB for a loss. (WRAPPED up, I tell you....heard of that?) I have not seen the Mona Lisa in person, but I lean toward Antoine.