EJ Manuel

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look like he tried to side arm it around him

Yeah, that's kind of how I see it too. It wasn't some insane play by Watt that people make it out to be. It was a nice play but tons of guys make it (not all of them score though). EJ tried to dump it to the back around him and hit him in stride instead.

Interceptions happen though, it's part of the game. That was just a costly one. That play is when all of the Texans fans around us started talking trash. It made for a long 4 hours back to NOLA.

Here we are one year later and this conversation still exists. The worst are the posters who think they're real clever with the "Yeah EJ Manuel missed all those tackles in the Cincinnati game; yeah EJ missed that block in the Texans game..." takes. No, the Bills had trouble tackling in the Cincinnati game and EJ also sucked. These are not mutually exclusive concepts. Let's say for the sake of argument the Watt play was 0% EJ's fault (which of course it wasn't). He was absolutely wretched the rest of the game anyway. It's over. He's a good NFL backup. I feel totally comfortable going into the season with him as my backup.

Here we are one year later and this conversation still exists. The worst are the posters who think they're real clever with the "Yeah EJ Manuel missed all those tackles in the Cincinnati game; yeah EJ missed that block in the Texans game..." takes. No, the Bills had trouble tackling in the Cincinnati game and EJ also sucked. These are not mutually exclusive concepts. Let's say for the sake of argument the Watt play was 0% EJ's fault (which of course it wasn't). He was absolutely wretched the rest of the game anyway. It's over. He's a good NFL backup. I feel totally comfortable going into the season with him as my backup.

This might be reasonable discussion if the same things were not posted endlessly about RJ and then Losman when they were demonstrating they were not worthy NFL starters.

Millions of explanations and excuses until natural selection ended the argument.

And yet look over at the Sanchez and Flutie threads and some are STILL not letting go with both of these disasters!!

Sorry, I remembered it differently, with Watt jumping higher. Watt's fully extended and maybe a foot off the ground, so let's call it 10' in the air. I still think it was a less a bad play by EJ and a great play by Watt.

Not to be nitpicky but I've watched it about 20 times. There's no way that it's over 9 feet. It's a nice play by Watt but a play a lot of guys make.

Here's the other one I remember most:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Highlights-Morris-INT/8483d998-e43a-4b93-87a7-b524a37e5e20

I found this to be a horrendous no call in the last minute of the 4th quarter. Illegal contact that transitioned to PI. The defender never tried to locate the ball and rode the arm bar for 13 yards. It has a foul that lasted so long that it could not have been missed it was just intentionally ignored, imo.

I will bet you or anyone that barring serious injury he is on the opening day roster of an NFL team as their #2 QB next year, meaning he is not going to wash out of the league any time soon. Hell, there is a decent chance that he would be starting on Denver if he was there battling Seimen and Sanchez.

:thumbsup:

Well, that's mighty big of you. I'm sure EJ takes great comfort in knowing what you think about him now.

Here's the other one I remember most:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Highlights-Morris-INT/8483d998-e43a-4b93-87a7-b524a37e5e20

I found this to be a horrendous no call in the last minute of the 4th quarter. Illegal contact that transitioned to PI. The defender never tried to locate the ball and rode the arm bar for 13 yards. It has a foul that lasted so long that it could not have been missed it was just intentionally ignored, imo.

Good one. This was one of the worst no-calls I've ever seen.

11-12' feet in the air?https://youtu.be/AK-KSaRl2i4

Sorry, I remembered it differently, with Watt jumping higher. Watt's fully extended and maybe a foot off the ground, so let's call it 10' in the air. I still think it was a less a bad play by EJ and a great play by Watt.

He sees the blitz coming from his left. I've always thought you throw INTO the blitz. He immediately looks for the safety valve to the right (the RB) rather then hit one of the 2 WRS up top---preferably the one on the outside. It's Sammy and he's wide open.

Edited by Big Blitz

Coming up on 2 years since EJM has won a game under center for the Buffalo Bills.

In a few months, it'll be his anniversary of winning a game for the Jacksonville Jags, though.

Really clever and pointless comments. He has been a backup for coming up on 2 years... which he STILL is. Whats your point? How many games did he play in those 2 years? 6 out of 32? 2 and 4. Ok? Sooooo what does any of this actually mean.

If we are living in the moment (which is stupid), he looked awful in his preseason game playing with the starters.

I swear the people who constantly trash Manuel are the ones who know the least amount of football on this board. EJ was a first round pick who isn't starting anymore. This, he shouldn't be in NFL.

Im seriously done mashing my head against the wall on this guy. I honestly think we have the right 3 to make it happen. But im so tired of people equating EJ to used toilet paper or the gum under the shoe because he didn't become a franchise guy. EJ is learning and I honestly think he will have a Fitz like career. Seriously. Flawed and will lose you some games but will find the right situation and thrive.

yet some people have no problem knocking him while he's at camp or practice. So when he plays decent/good in games that don't matter it doesn't matter but when he performs poorly in practice the pitchforks and torches are OK?

Great points. Never thought of that take

Other than Jax what games did he suck in? I'm just gauging your definition of sucked.

That was also the only season he played until he was bench for Orton after starting 2-2.

I just wish they would have let him run his course that year. Had he flamed out fine. No more EJ talk. We would know he was not gonna cut it. You have to let a rookie play through. You have to let them learn. It's going to be SO ugly sonetimes. But I bet he would have started to float given a little support from the coaches.

You try so hard to root for the kid. I was hoping another year in Greg Roman's system he would show some improvement. Still has that deer in the headlights reaction. I would have like to seen more production against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

well, he's your #2, so get used to it

Well, that's mighty big of you. I'm sure EJ takes great comfort in knowing what you think about him now.

I know. Why bother with all of the blah blah blah at the beginning of that post? I mean, we all know everyone here besides m_l are chuckleheads.

I don't really get what you're going for with this post.

Really clever and pointless comments. He has been a backup for coming up on 2 years... which he STILL is. Whats your point? How many games did he play in those 2 years? 6 out of 32? 2 and 4. Ok? Sooooo what does any of this actually mean.

Im seriously done mashing my head against the wall on this guy. I honestly think we have the right 3 to make it happen. But im so tired of people equating EJ to used toilet paper or the gum under the shoe because he didn't become a franchise guy. EJ is learning and I honestly think he will have a Fitz like career. Seriously. Flawed and will lose you some games but will find the right situation and thrive.

Great points. Never thought of that take

You think EJ Manuel will develop into a five year + starter who throws 30 + TD's in a season? I'm skeptical of that. I do think he sticks around as a backup and has more of a Todd Collins-type career.

I know. Why bother with all of the blah blah blah at the beginning of that post? I mean, we all know everyone here besides m_l are chuckleheads.

Honestly, what did I do this time? I said the guy is a worthy backup. That's more than some will give him. I'm not sure what was controversial about my post.