EJ Manuel

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody knows that INT by Watt was all EJ's fault. Enough with the revisionist history :nana: BTW boys, it's CARDALE JONES. C'mon, it's not that hard. Certainly easier than Tavares Jackson.

A QB with any presence of mind would not have thrown the pass at Watt. Certainly the OL did EJ no favors , but boy was that a very poor decision to try to throw a pass .

A QB with any presence of mind would not have thrown the pass at Watt. Certainly the OL did EJ no favors , but boy was that a very poor decision to try to throw a pass .

Andrew Luck did the exact same thing two weeks later but Watt couldn't bring it in. Not many QB's have any presence of mind when they see him coming at you unblocked, IMO.

And no I'm not comparing EJ to Luck. I'm saying every QB makes mistakes.

Edited by The Wiz

Andrew Luck did the exact same thing two weeks later but Watt couldn't bring it in. Not many QB's have any presence of mind when they see him coming at you unblocked, IMO.

Kyle Orton did the very same thing in his first start for the Bills against Detroit. First series I believe, although I do not remember if it was his first pass in the game. Could have been. It happens to all of them at some point.

That was unusually poor form for you WEO. Context is important, and in truncating that sentence to make it look like a stand-alone statement rather than a conditional modifier, you substantially altered its meaning

That poster's contention that EJ's throwing motion is what's really holding him back was the silliness I was pointing out. That and the possibility that EJ could suddenly become the sharpest, most prepared QB to play the game....

Edited by Mr. WEO

If we were to rank the 32 best QBs in the NFL I don't believe that either Siemian or EJ would make that list.

I don't think that was his point. I believe he was referring to someone saying he wouldn't be a starter, or at least given the chance, on any other team.

I don't think that was his point. I believe he was referring to someone saying he wouldn't be a starter, or at least given the chance, on any other team.

He wouldn't, a set of strange circumstances left Denver in this position. They have a 1st round QB waiting in the wings. If we are in agreement that a team will intentionally go into the year with the 45th-50th best QB in the league as the starter we are in agreement. I don't see a situation where that happens (even Gabbert is close to 30). No one is giving a mid-tier backup (that they've seen start) a starting job intentionally. Sometimes guys that are a little unknown (like Tyrod) get a chance. The Geno's, EJ's, Mallett's of the world just won't get that opportunity without a good 6-8 starts. It's the same thing that happened to guys like Ponder and Locker.

He wouldn't, a set of strange circumstances left Denver in this position. They have a 1st round QB waiting in the wings. If we are in agreement that a team will intentionally go into the year with the 45th-50th best QB in the league as the starter we are in agreement. I don't see a situation where that happens (even Gabbert is close to 30). No one is giving a mid-tier backup (that they've seen start) a starting job intentionally. Sometimes guys that are a little unknown (like Tyrod) get a chance. The Geno's, EJ's, Mallett's of the world just won't get that opportunity without a good 6-8 starts. It's the same thing that happened to guys like Ponder and Locker.

But Gabbert was a "BUST"!!

Carson Palmer threw same pass on Saturday with the same result.

I see QBs throw that pass several times per year every year. I've seen Aaron Rodgers do it even. Usually the DL guys don't catch it though.

is mind was gone at that point. he had urine in his cleats knowing he was about to die. simple as that. and he failed himself. that is why i called it trauma

I think it was the repetitive mis blocks.

Some plays i swore Marrone said "let that guy run free, and lets see EJM mettle.

Know i am a conspiracy theorist on this. but that my hot take

Nope.

double nope

That poster's contention that EJ's throwing motion is what's really holding him back was the silliness I was pointing out. That and the possibility that EJ could suddenly become the sharpest, most prepared QB to play the game....

OK, thanks for the clarification. I read it that he was saying "even if, somehow, by some magical transformation, EJ became the sharpest QB tool in the shed" his throwing motion would prevent him from becoming a decent NFL QB.

I don't feel I'm enough of an expert to have an opinion there, just pointing out that pre draft, the arguments seemed to be what round EJ would go in, not that he should go undrafted because he had this horrid throwing motion that would preclude him from NFL QB decency, that's my point.

Everybody knows that INT by Watt was all EJ's fault. Enough with the revisionist history :nana: BTW boys, it's CARDALE JONES. C'mon, it's not that hard. Certainly easier than Tavares Jackson.

Was this sarcasm? Tarvaris. Tarvaris Jackson.

Which I can never read without thinking "Tardis" and wanting to watch Dr Who.

Joe Theismamn on the Skins broadcast was lukewarm on EJ. Says he throws too often up the middle to guys standing still. Doesn't target guys on the move. Says Redskins approach is much different in that regard. Tyrod is much better at hitting dudes in stride.

Even at FSU, he mostly hit stationary targets and missed a lot of guys. His strength was his legs. In college he could always pull it down and get 9 yards.

The ball was 11-12' in the air. That gets over about 99% of the DE's in football. Watt's vertical and wingspan is just sick. I don't blame EJ for that one. $hit happens, and it was just a monster play by Watt.

OK, thanks for the clarification. I read it that he was saying "even if, somehow, by some magical transformation, EJ became the sharpest QB tool in the shed" his throwing motion would prevent him from becoming a decent NFL QB.

I don't feel I'm enough of an expert to have an opinion there, just pointing out that pre draft, the arguments seemed to be what round EJ would go in, not that he should go undrafted because he had this horrid throwing motion that would preclude him from NFL QB decency, that's my point.

Forgot the sarcasm font. Tarvaris Jackson is still the most butchered name on this board. Him and Chris <sarcasm font> Kelsey </sarcasm font>.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

This is such a total misrepresentation of that play it's funny. It was a quick swing pass to the RB, with the TE and WR on that side blocking downfield. Watt was unblocked by design, to get him to take himself out of the play (by committing to the inside, while the swing pass moved the play away from him). Watt read the play and jumped into the passing lane while Manuel was throwing. It was far less Manuel &#33;@#&#036;ing up than it was Watt making an awesome play.

And sometimes that happens. Sometimes the other guy just does things right.

Okay thats hilarious. The mind is a funny place to visit sometimes

This is such a total misrepresentation of that play it's funny. It was a quick swing pass to the RB, with the TE and WR on that side blocking downfield. Watt was unblocked by design, to get him to take himself out of the play (by committing to the inside, while the swing pass moved the play away from him). Watt read the play and jumped into the passing lane while Manuel was throwing. It was far less Manuel !@#$ing up than it was Watt making an awesome play.

And sometimes that happens. Sometimes the other guy just does things right.

Damn his eyes for being so f'n incredible and handsome too

The ball was 11-12' in the air. That gets over about 99% of the DE's in football. Watt's vertical and wingspan is just sick. I don't blame EJ for that one. **** happens, and it was just a monster play by Watt.

Forgot the sarcasm font. Tarvaris Jackson is still the most butchered name on this board. Him and Chris <sarcasm font> Kelsey </sarcasm font>.

11-12' feet in the air?