EJ Manuel

You try so hard to root for the kid. I was hoping another year in Greg Roman's system he would show some improvement. Still has that deer in the headlights reaction. I would have like to seen more production against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Edited by Beerball
Edited spelling in title.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the game and see how many plays were his fault. Wrs dropping balls. The oline getting blown up every play. Penalties wiping out tds and big plays.

He is a flawed qb. But I've never seen a qb so unfairly criticized in my life. EJ was one of the reasons it was even a decent game.

Who is Manual?

But for what it's worth, I thought he looked incredible last preseason, and this preseason he has been so-so. He'll be an adequate backup for us this year, but who knows what will become of him after. And in his defense, our backup OL is awful.

You try so hard to root for the kid. I was hoping another year in Greg Roman's system he would show some improvement. Still has that deer in the headlights reaction. I would have like to seen more production against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

A- he HAS shown improvement.He goes through his reads now. Still a bit inaccurate... B- He doesn't have that "Deer in the headlights look" at ALL. Not sure what you are watching there. Looks calm and in command now. C- He Had good production vs. 2nd and 3rds. He's a better than average backup QB that's what he is. Nothing more but not the tire fire some have stuck in their heads.

Who is Manual?

But for what it's worth, I thought he looked incredible last preseason, and this preseason he has been so-so. He'll be an adequate backup for us this year, but who knows what will become of him after. And in his defense, our backup OL is awful.

LOL U beet me two i't

Watch the game and see how many plays were his fault. Wrs dropping balls. The oline getting blown up every play. Penalties wiping out tds and big plays.

He is a flawed qb. But I've never seen a qb so unfairly criticized in my life. EJ was one of the reasons it was even a decent game.

This ^^^^^

Who is Manual?

Who knows what shots he will have but I don't think he's a big mystery.

It seems clear he's not in the top 32 qbs. From 33-64 (and a little beyond) it's about finding a coach that likes/trusts you and thinks you can do a handful of things on the laundry list he'd give to a real starter. That or stringing together 2-3 lucky games where you look better than you are.

I don't know that EJ will have that advocate in the league currently and the Jax game has him digging out of a hole..... but if he gets a few lucky plays this year someone will put him on a roster. We could argue whether he's 45 or 62 or 71 in the league but really the difference in that window is fit, and luck for the most part. They all have flaws, none will be above .500 long term, and you'll hold your breathe when they drop back worried about mistakes but occasionally wow'ed by a flash of talent that earned a spot in the league.

There is something also called fate. Imagine if Brady unluckily was ruled a fumble in Oakland, no super bowl in 2001, they missed in 2002, then he gets hit and tears his knee up week 1 2003. All of a sudden Brady is a footnote in NFL history when Belichick gets fired in 2003 and Brady is released when the Patriots draft JP Losman.

I actually thought that he played a decent game tonight. He stepped up in the pocket and made a few decent throws and runs. He missed some guys but he's always done that. He's an okay backup at this point. His future is that but there are worse guys around the league taking snaps in the preseason.