EJ Manuel

Joe Theismamn on the Skins broadcast was lukewarm on EJ. Says he throws too often up the middle to guys standing still. Doesn't target guys on the move. Says Redskins approach is much different in that regard. Tyrod is much better at hitting dudes in stride.

IMO, that wasn't a criticism of EJ. It was a critique of the kind of routes the Bills run. That will of course be dictated by zone or man coverage.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You try so hard to root for the kid. I was hoping another year in Greg Roman's system he would show some improvement. Still has that deer in the headlights reaction. I would have like to seen more production against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Funny how different people can watch the same action and see differently. I was thinking that EJ just looked night-and-day different from when he played 3 years ago, in all aspects of the game. That stupid predictable evasion spin move was gone, replaced by some real pocket awareness and evasiveness. He looked comfortable and in charge. You could tell he was going through his reads even though his OL sucked and he was playing "run for your life" frequently. Some of his throws were off, but some were right-on and not his fault they were dropped or fumbled. Others were off-target but catchable to a better WR.

I thought the offensive PI call on Little was BS and without it, we win.

this loss was on the ****ty tackling in the first half

Oh, Indeed. I could not believe the missed tackles from guys who aspire to be part of a pro football roster. I grant these guys aren't our first string but they looked like the Keystone Cops out there

Funny how different people can watch the same action and see differently. I was thinking that EJ just looked night-and-day different from when he played 3 years ago, in all aspects of the game. That stupid predictable evasion spin move was gone, replaced by some real pocket awareness and evasiveness. He looked comfortable and in charge. You could tell he was going through his reads even though his OL sucked and he was playing "run for your life" frequently. Some of his throws were off, but some were right-on and not his fault they were dropped or fumbled. Others were off-target but catchable to a better WR.

I thought the offensive PI call on Little was BS and without it, we win.

I thought he showed improved pocket presence under quite a bit of duress last night. He made some good and bad throws as per usual with him, but did pretty well in the play making department given who he was working with.

Can he ever sense the pass rush?

He was able to evade pressure in the pocket on several occasions to make throws and run for positive yardage. Seems as if you missed this.

EJ is terrible! Has he shown signs of marginal improvement here and there? Yes.

Does he occasionally do something really nice? Yes. He always did.

Consistency is the mark of the professional, and EJ has none.

He will likely wash out of the league when we are done with him.

Nice guy; I wish him the best.

Translation: He's not perfect. I want perfect.

Heres where I am at with EJ, he is clearly not the best QB on the roster. Anyone still arguing that is a moron. He is also not the 1,436th best QB in the NFL. He's taken strides and looks like an ok backup. He still makes plays that are maddening but he also makes a few plays on his ability. He's a guy that we talk about way too much because in all honesty there are a lot of players that matter more than EJ. I'm good with his progress.

Nailed it IMO

And this is especially pertinent coming from a guy that was quite down on EJ.

Can he ever sense the pass rush?

Actually, I felt that was one thing he did well last night.

The OL was atrocious (looking at you, Ryan Groy and Fernando Velasco), and I'm usually not a "blame the OL" guy.

Cordy needs to be on the field week 1 or we're in real trouble

Actually, I felt that was one thing he did well last night.

The OL was atrocious (looking at you, Ryan Groy and Fernando Velasco), and I'm usually not a "blame the OL" guy.

Cordy needs to be on the field week 1 or we're in real trouble

Oh, yeah, that was another thing I thought EJ did well, handle snaps that varied from just slightly off to horrid, consistently inconsistent. And yes, EJ was night-and-day better at sensing the pass rush and buying time or running.

I think it's been tremendously helpful to EJ's development not to have the pressure of "you da man" hanging over him. He's not the best QB on the roster, he's not contending for the starting job, he knows it, he may not like it but it's freed him to just work on his game.

Taylor is superior to EJ but EJ will start and play credibly for some other team after he leaves the Bills.

Start games or be a starter? He isn't getting a starting job anywhere in the NFL now. If he plays 6 games or so and looks good someone may add him to be the QB. The only places that could happen though are SF, Cleveland & the Jets. Every other team either has their QB or has just drafted their QB. Cleveland probably adds theirs next year with those 2 early picks.

I was out of the broadcast area last night. The radio broadcast that I was able to get was Washington coverage. They praised the defender on the Gragg hit. QUESTION- Did EJ throw Gragg into trouble? Bad QBs do that and EJ is known for hanging his receivers out to take a big hit.