EJ Manuel

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But he still just throws bad balls to wide open guys when he has the time to throw who make the catch but should be getting more yards on the play.

Heres where I am at with EJ, he is clearly not the best QB on the roster. Anyone still arguing that is a moron. He is also not the 1,436th best QB in the NFL. He's taken strides and looks like an ok backup. He still makes plays that are maddening but he also makes a few plays on his ability. He's a guy that we talk about way too much because in all honesty there are a lot of players that matter more than EJ. I'm good with his progress. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Heres where I am at with EJ, he is clearly not the best QB on the roster. Anyone still arguing that is a moron. He is also not the 1,436th best QB in the NFL. He's taken strides and looks like an ok backup. He still makes plays that are maddening but he also makes a few plays on his ability. He's a guy that we talk about way too much because in all honesty there are a lot of players that matter more than EJ. I'm good with his progress.

Here's where I am with EJ. There are 32 starters and 32 backups in this league and IMO EJ is above the 50th best QB in the league.

EJ is terrible! Has he shown signs of marginal improvement here and there? Yes.

Does he occasionally do something really nice? Yes. He always did.

Consistency is the mark of the professional, and EJ has none.

He will likely wash out of the league when we are done with him.

Nice guy; I wish him the best.

EJ is terrible! Has he shown signs of marginal improvement here and there? Yes.

Does he occasionally do something really nice? Yes. He always did.

Consistency is the mark of the professional, and EJ has none.

He will likely wash out of the league when we are done with him.

Nice guy; I wish him the best.

I will bet you or anyone that barring serious injury he is on the opening day roster of an NFL team as their #2 QB next year, meaning he is not going to wash out of the league any time soon. Hell, there is a decent chance that he would be starting on Denver if he was there battling Seimen and Sanchez.

I will bet you or anyone that barring serious injury he is on the opening day roster of an NFL team as their #2 QB next year, meaning he is not going to wash out of the league any time soon. Hell, there is a decent chance that he would be starting on Denver if he was there battling Seimen and Sanchez.

We'll see. He's terrible and was regarded as a horrible reach by the Bills throughout the league.

But it's 1:25am on a Friday night and for God's sake I don't want to discuss EJ Manuel anymore! HOW DID I GET HERE?

:lol:

You try so hard to root for the kid. I was hoping another year in Greg Roman's system he would show some improvement. Still has that deer in the headlights reaction. I would have like to seen more production against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

You know, technically speaking, the EJ Manual refers to, I believe, the Emergency Jettison Manual giving guidelines and parameters for handling an emergency fuel jettison while flying an aircraft.

The EJ Manuel is an entirely different thing altogether.

There is something also called fate. Imagine if Brady unluckily was ruled a fumble in Oakland, no super bowl in 2001, they missed in 2002, then he gets hit and tears his knee up week 1 2003. All of a sudden Brady is a footnote in NFL history when Belichick gets fired in 2003 and Brady is released when the Patriots draft JP Losman.

Or if Mo Lewis doesn't hit Drew Bledsoe and tear an artery in his chest Brady never plays that year, we never hear about him and Belichick is probably fired THAT season.

Heres where I am at with EJ, he is clearly not the best QB on the roster. Anyone still arguing that is a moron. He is also not the 1,436th best QB in the NFL. He's taken strides and looks like an ok backup. He still makes plays that are maddening but he also makes a few plays on his ability. He's a guy that we talk about way too much because in all honesty there are a lot of players that matter more than EJ. I'm good with his progress.

I'm a Nole also and have watched all of EJ's games. He has never been a natural thrower but shows enough ability to be a decent backup in this league. Take a look around the league, there are starting QB situations around the league that aren't great let alone the backups. A backup QB is a position you got to have but hope to never use. Look at 2013 class alone and find me a better QB that was taken. Most are out of the league or fighting to stay on a roster.

There is something also called fate. Imagine if Brady unluckily was ruled a fumble in Oakland, no super bowl in 2001, they missed in 2002, then he gets hit and tears his knee up week 1 2003. All of a sudden Brady is a footnote in NFL history when Belichick gets fired in 2003 and Brady is released when the Patriots draft JP Losman.

Although i celebrated in Raiders fans faces that day it would have been the right call. Fumble!

Watch the game and see how many plays were his fault. Wrs dropping balls. The oline getting blown up every play. Penalties wiping out tds and big plays.

He is a flawed qb. But I've never seen a qb so unfairly criticized in my life. EJ was one of the reasons it was even a decent game.

Agree he is at his best now than before. There were quite a few errant "EJ throws" but he had the win if Little didnt push off we woulda won the game and everyone would be singing a diff tune

Rex: The best EJ Manuel I’ve seen

Lost in the news about ACL knee injuries for Chris Gragg and Jonathan Dowling, and Rex Ryan’s decision to sit a lot of his starters in what is typically the last dress rehearsal for a team’s first unit on both sides of the ball, was another solid outing by EJ Manuel.

Manuel’s numbers don’t look great in the end, but he was the victim of spotty pass protection and some dropped passes as he played almost the entire game Friday against Washington.

Taylor is superior to EJ but EJ will start and play credibly for some other team after he leaves the Bills.

Joe Theismamn on the Skins broadcast was lukewarm on EJ. Says he throws too often up the middle to guys standing still. Doesn't target guys on the move. Says Redskins approach is much different in that regard. Tyrod is much better at hitting dudes in stride.