EJ Manuel

You try so hard to root for the kid. I was hoping another year in Greg Roman's system he would show some improvement. Still has that deer in the headlights reaction. I would have like to seen more production against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Get real. Tyrod looked like a stud also. Do you really have eyes.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out of the broadcast area last night. The radio broadcast that I was able to get was Washington coverage. They praised the defender on the Gragg hit. QUESTION- Did EJ throw Gragg into trouble? Bad QBs do that and EJ is known for hanging his receivers out to take a big hit.

Gragg was at the end of his route and standing still. Hall just went straight for the knee\legs.

Here's the video https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/bfp6.mp4

Edited by The Wiz

Oh, yeah, that was another thing I thought EJ did well, handle snaps that varied from just slightly off to horrid, consistently inconsistent. And yes, EJ was night-and-day better at sensing the pass rush and buying time or running.

I think it's been tremendously helpful to EJ's development not to have the pressure of "you da man" hanging over him. He's not the best QB on the roster, he's not contending for the starting job, he knows it, he may not like it but it's freed him to just work on his game.

And it seems like he's embraced the role - which when benching a guy is always a worry.

Any backup could quickly lose you a game, or surprise and win you one. its why they are backups. Limited skill sets or inconsistency. Regardless, they hit the big throws sometimes but not as often as you need.

It's not a big mystery as to who he is as a player or how he fits -- a lot of us just overthink this stuff. Once you get past the 20-25 guys that deserve a starting job there's a huge pack of guys that are pretty similar/ordinary/comparable really and they all have talent with issues (or issues with talent)

Thank Wiz!

Not a problem. After watching it again I don't know how Hall wasn't ejected from the game for another personal foul. Can easily see him getting low and lunging with his shoulder right to his leg.

yes there were atleast 5 blatant examples of that last night

I'm pretty sure after the first two plays he was in he didn't even have to sense it and just knew it was coming.

Edited by The Wiz

Not a problem. After watching it again I don't know how Hall wasn't ejected from the game for another personal foul. Can easily see him getting low and lunging with his shoulder right to his leg.

I'm pretty sure after the first two plays he was in he didn't even have to sense it and just knew it was coming.

True LOL

Watch the game and see how many plays were his fault. Wrs dropping balls. The oline getting blown up every play. Penalties wiping out tds and big plays.

He is a flawed qb. But I've never seen a qb so unfairly criticized in my life. EJ was one of the reasons it was even a decent game.

Couldn't agree more, people here act like he ran over their dog on purpose or something.

Funny how different people can watch the same action and see differently. I was thinking that EJ just looked night-and-day different from when he played 3 years ago, in all aspects of the game. That stupid predictable evasion spin move was gone, replaced by some real pocket awareness and evasiveness. He looked comfortable and in charge. You could tell he was going through his reads even though his OL sucked and he was playing "run for your life" frequently. Some of his throws were off, but some were right-on and not his fault they were dropped or fumbled. Others were off-target but catchable to a better WR.

I thought the offensive PI call on Little was BS and without it, we win.

I agree with this :thumbsup:

I also think some fans harbor way to much hate and allow it to cloud their judgement. Bills fans need to remember that EJ's first two seasons he learned more from Kyle Orton then he ever did with Nathaniel Hackett as OC and he even stated as much. So basically last year was his first with an actual NFL OC.

The Bills O-line and receiving corps does suck and the Bills were not only fighting the Redskins they were also fighting the refs who seemed determined to hand the game to the home field.

Torn ACL for Gragg :cry:

Couldn't agree more, people here act like he ran over their dog on purpose or something.

No, only in Buffalo do fans think sucky QBs are actually good and starting material. The rest of the NFLs knowledgeable decision making people have historically disagreed, Edwards, Losman, Fitz, Bledsoe etc. EJ is part of that group. EJ might latch on somewhere for a year or 2, I doubt it though, then wash out. He stinks, this love affair with him is ridiculous.

I agree with this :thumbsup:

I also think some fans harbor way to much hate and allow it to cloud their judgement. Bills fans need to remember that EJ's first two seasons he learned more from Kyle Orton then he ever did with Nathaniel Hackett as OC and he even stated as much. So basically last year was his first with an actual NFL OC.

The Bills O-line and receiving corps does suck and the Bills were not only fighting the Redskins they were also fighting the refs who seemed determined to hand the game to the home field.

Torn ACL for Gragg :cry:

You know better than that. EJ has been in the league for 27 years and should have already been at an all pro level when he was a freshman in college.

At least some people around here think that.

No, only in Buffalo do fans think sucky QBs are actually good and starting material. The rest of the NFLs knowledgeable decision making people have historically disagreed, Edwards, Losman, Fitz, Bledsoe etc. EJ is part of that group. EJ might latch on somewhere for a year or 2, I doubt it though, then wash out. He stinks, this love affair with him is ridiculous.

He's a serviceable back up QB. I don't get where anyone is saying he is going to be great(at least not anymore). And you're detest for him is pretty clear no matter what he does on the field.

It's not a love affair we don't think he's a starter. but you also aren't seeing the game at a high level of detail if you don't see the progress he's made in multiple areas. That's ok most fans don't see the game at that level. They have lives and such. And likely with a name like old school you're probably going to be set in your ways and stick with your initial opinion.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to single you out, Old School, but what I find ridiculous is how some posters seem to have no ability to perceive or accept a moderate or middle-of-road viewpoint. No one here is arguing that EJ is starting material. We're just saying he's improved compared to previous years and he did some good things last night in a tough situation - with crappy OL protection, a center who wasn't snapping cleanly, and backup WR dropping catchable balls.

Why does it have to be so polarized, he either stinks/sucks completely or else people think he's a great QB and have a "love affair" with him? What about neither of the above? He doesn't suck and he didn't stink up the joint last night, neither is he great or good. He is looking as though he might be a competent backup for us, which is all good.

You are the EJ of spelling. Mostly competent with a few glaring, inexcusable misses.

Now that is an analogy that speaks to me.

It's not a love affair we don't think he's a starter. but you also aren't seeing the game at a high level of detail if you don't see the progress he's made in multiple areas. That's ok most fans don't see the game at that level. They have lives and such. And likely with a name like old school you're probably going to be set in your ways and stick with your initial opinion.

Nope, I see the game perfectly fine and have seen some minimal improvement, yet it was against 2nd and 3rd string, so was it really improvement.

If you think he is good, then I wonder if you are in fact seeing the game in detail! The guy stinks, hmmmm.... who can't see!