EJ Manuel

yes many do unfortunately. It's been a 3 year progression as well, not one preseason game. My reply was for Kirby any way ultimately and I've seen enough of your back and forths with other posters to know where this would be going if this wasn't my last direct response. You'll have me somehow saying he's great and should start in the league before long I'm sure thought that's clearly not what I am saying.

Nah, you've been pretty clear. You think folks look stupid for saying EJ sucks. I disagree and the facts on the field support my stance. It's no biggie. He's a backup QB who will be gone next year.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He sucked in the Bengals game, he sucked in the Texans game and he sucked in the Chargers game. Different levels of suck, surely but suck he did.

He was benched because he sucked. His career was nose diving. Look at the stats from weeks 1-4 in 2014. If he plays against Detroit after that Texans embarrassment, I think he would be out of the league.

I won't argue the stats. It's true he was going downhill.

Chargers, yup sucked. Texans I'll argue since they had something like 12 qb pressures/hits so not all on him(jj was taking bites out of him every play it seemed), Bengals first start in over a year against a playoff caliber team and completed 66.6% of his passes(pretty good for him right?), Then the jags, sucked hard early but fought back.

Call me a homer or apologist for him but I think he only sucked in two of those games.

I am quite fine with him as The Bills back up this year. For multiple reasons. Shame about the " JJ Watt Debacle " Even I, was a bit traumatized after that game. That was when knew Hackett had no business calling plays

Chargers, yup sucked. Texans I'll argue since they had something like 12 qb pressures/hits so not all on him(jj was taking bites out of him every play it seemed), Bengals first start in over a year against a playoff caliber team and completed 66.6% of his passes(pretty good for him right?), Then the jags, sucked hard early but fought back.

Call me a homer or apologist for him but I think he only sucked in two of those games.

Come on FC, I know you have something to keep this going....

Come on FC, I know you have something to keep this going....

If you insist..

Texans, he sucked. There were reasons he sucked, some outside of his control, but he was really bad on his own too.

Bengals, managed to put up 14 points in meaningful time. Fun fact about that game. 10 of EJ's completions came in the last two drives of garbage time down 20 points 10 minutes to go. He padded those stats against prevent. He stunk. Defense also stunk, but I digress.

Jags absolutely.

Then you start to take a look at other games and a clear picture forms. We beat Chicago, but EEeeeeeJjjjj only had to pass 22 times, and only passed for 173 yards. He didn't puke on his shoes, but it was hardly a stellar performance (not saying you think it was, but usually QB's worth a damn have some very good to great games at least once in a while).

Miami in 2014, similar story. Crouching offense, hidden EJ passing only 26 times.

Stunk vs Baltimore. TB. 1st Jets game. Steelers. Arguably Jags game.

The way I see it, EJ's best two games were his first two, some folks fell in love, and those same folks have been fighting a losing battle about EEEEEeeeeeeeeJJJJJJjjjjj since. First it was the hurry up O. Then it was Dougie Marrone sabotaging EJ by playing a inferior QB in Orton (lol on that one, in hindsight). Then it was EEeeeeeeeJJJJJjjjjj was gonna really start to develop with a real coaching staff in GRo (he dominated that Steelers preseason game), which resulted in 0-2 and EJ's worst game as a QB in his entire career and now the story is that he's not the worst back-up of all time. I kid you not, the same people have made every single one of these arguments since 2013. So when they say now that everyone who said EJ is garbage looks silly, I can't help but pipe up. They're batting .000 on the last 3 years of EEEEEEEEeeeeeeJJJJJjjjjjj predictions, but did you see that last preseason game?

Edited by FireChan

Haha. You have no idea what you are talking about.

It's amazing how dumb so people are. We have folks claiming Colt McCoy and Nassib are good backup Qbs and EJ isn't. Just stupid.

Are you the one claiming that? I would say whoever said that is dumb also. I have a good idea what I am talking about, I think you are getting yourself mixed up. Edited by Beef Jerky

Have to respectfully disagree. He's an average NFL back-up at best given his experience. This is his fourth year and he still does nothing but lock on his primary receiver and has no feel for scanning the field. His ability to make the short hook pass has improved but he's still unable to throw with any accuracy to streaking receivers, even on relatively short roots. Also, completions of his are the result of gymnastics/contortions by his receivers. His good production this season, thus far, and last was only in exhibition games. We can do better.

A- he HAS shown improvement.He goes through his reads now. Still a bit inaccurate... B- He doesn't have that "Deer in the headlights look" at ALL. Not sure what you are watching there. Looks calm and in command now. C- He Had good production vs. 2nd and 3rds. He's a better than average backup QB that's what he is. Nothing more but not the tire fire some have stuck in their heads.

If you insist..

Texans, he sucked. There were reasons he sucked, some outside of his control, but he was really bad on his own too.

Bengals, managed to put up 14 points in meaningful time. Fun fact about that game. 10 of EJ's completions came in the last two drives of garbage time down 20 points 10 minutes to go. He padded those stats against prevent. He stunk. Defense also stunk, but I digress.

Jags absolutely.

Then you start to take a look at other games and a clear picture forms. We beat Chicago, but EEeeeeeJjjjj only had to pass 22 times, and only passed for 173 yards. He didn't puke on his shoes, but it was hardly a stellar performance (not saying you think it was, but usually QB's worth a damn have some very good to great games at least once in a while).

Miami in 2014, similar story. Crouching offense, hidden EJ passing only 26 times.

Stunk vs Baltimore. TB. 1st Jets game. Steelers. Arguably Jags game.

The way I see it, EJ's best two games were his first two, some folks fell in love, and those same folks have been fighting a losing battle about EEEEEeeeeeeeeJJJJJJjjjjj since. First it was the hurry up O. Then it was Dougie Marrone sabotaging EJ by playing a inferior QB in Orton (lol on that one, in hindsight). Then it was EEeeeeeeeJJJJJjjjjj was gonna really start to develop with a real coaching staff in GRo (he dominated that Steelers preseason game), which resulted in 0-2 and EJ's worst game as a QB in his entire career and now the story is that he's not the worst back-up of all time. I kid you not, the same people have made every single one of these arguments since 2013. So when they say now that everyone who said EJ is garbage looks silly, I can't help but pipe up. They're batting .000 on the last 3 years of EEEEEEEEeeeeeeJJJJJjjjjjj predictions, but did you see that last preseason game?

So basically it doesn't matter what he does in your eyes, he's a bad qb. Right?

54% completion, 223 yards, 0 TD, 1 int.

That's what you get. He's the backup, not a big deal.

The stats don't really show how he played. Although he did throw several EJ passes. He threw a great ball that should have been a TD but either Woods dropped it or (IMO) there was pass interference in the endzone. He threw a TD that was a nice ball that was called back from a very tricky tack OPI. The interception was the last play of the game on a desperation pass with no time left from the 22 where they needed to score a TD. He had very little protection and several drops.

54% completion, 223 yards, 0 TD, 1 int.

That's what you get. He's the backup, not a big deal.

stats are funny things.

But you are correct. He is the back up. No big deal.

No reason for folks to get twisted up about it

The stats don't really show how he played. Although he did throw several EJ passes. He threw a great ball that should have been a TD but either Woods dropped it or (IMO) there was pass interference in the endzone. He threw a TD that was a nice ball that was called back from a very tricky tack OPI. The interception was the last play of the game on a desperation pass with no time left from the 22 where they needed to score a TD. He had very little protection and several drops.

He managed himself and the game just fine.

Watch the game and see how many plays were his fault. Wrs dropping balls. The oline getting blown up every play. Penalties wiping out tds and big plays.

Totally agree, I thought it was a terrible night for the officiating crew especially the call to bring the TD back IMO.

I was surprised at how many balls the Skins receivers and TE's dropped also.