EJ Manuel

No.

agreed. no.

EJ can be as mentally sharp and game ready as anyone that has ever played, but that hitch windup throwing motion will never put him in a position to be a decent NFL QB. It's one of the worst NFL throwing motions I've ever seen.

He did seem prepared.

Not sure about that windup though.

What i liked was he knew he had a porous line at time and seemed to manage himself well. Maybe therapy has worked for him in regard to the JJ Watt trauma?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a coach, scout or GM?

I am a coach and scout - ya know, at the middle school level. Is there anything else you'd like to talk about other than EJ's blatantly obvious high school windup hitch short armed throwing motion which causes ball placement inaccuracies, timing issues with receivers, and allows defenses to read where he's going with the ball on mid range passing plays? In your opinion, is EJ's throwing motion good enough for NFL success? Just asking

I am a coach and scout - ya know, at the middle school level. Is there anything else you'd like to talk about other than EJ's blatantly obvious high school windup hitch short armed throwing motion which causes ball placement inaccuracies, timing issues with receivers, and allows defenses to read where he's going with the ball on mid range passing plays? In your opinion, is EJ's throwing motion good enough for NFL success? Just asking

When your coaching your pee wee football team remember he played for a top football team in college and made the NFL. Just saying.

I had no idea that middle school teams had scouts. Who knew?

Too bad the Bills professional scouting organization didn't have the benefit of your professional scouting assessment of EJ's motion.

Scouting can mean scouting others teams traits right ?

Is his opinion unsound?

BF4E would be proud of those who have stepped up to continue the crusade.

I love this place!

EJ can be as mentally sharp and game ready as anyone that has ever played, but that hitch windup throwing motion will never put him in a position to be a decent NFL QB. It's one of the worst NFL throwing motions I've ever seen.

He was never ready to start from day 1. He never should've started his rookie year. If he was groomed better and wasn't thrown into the fire, I think he would've been in a much better situation.

Or he might not ...

Its interesting in the little bit I have seen from Cardel Jones I think he has much more potential as a QB then EJ ever had

Or he might not ...

Its interesting in the little bit I have seen from Cardel Jones I think he has much more potential as a QB then EJ ever had

What you think could be true, but who is worth noting that Jones has played against defense?

agreed. no.

He did seem prepared.

Not sure about that windup though.

What i liked was he knew he had a porous line at time and seemed to manage himself well. Maybe therapy has worked for him in regard to the JJ Watt trauma?

Ah, yes. The infamous pick 6 that got him benched. The play where Watt went unimpeded to the QB and got the int. Chandler, Fred, and the rookie Seantrel never laid a hand on him. Some glorious coaching from the good old days of Maroon.

All Pro blocking RB Freddie let him through - probably because he was the intended target in the flat.

Chandler was looking for lord knows what, and Henderson did a WTF? and look-around to the blur that was Watt after performing picture perfect absolutely stunning block on air.

2yoz5i0.jpg

Edited by Nanker

EJ supposedly made some mistakes with protection calls. I am sure this is true but how many would be a fair question. I thought with all that went wrong he did well to survive those 19 hits and come within an awful PI nocall of positioning the Bills for a win.

Scouting can mean scouting others teams traits right ?

Is his opinion unsound?

Yeah, we see scouts from other HS teams we're gonna play (the top ones) at our kid's HS volleyball games regularly. I just had no idea scouting other team's traits took place at the middle school level.

I'm not setting myself up as a technical expert of evaluating QB throwing motions, I simply note that EJ's throwing motion was apparent to every NFL scout, and while there was considerable debate about EJ's draft value, no one seemed to think his throwing motion precluded, not just his being a top QB, but his "ever being a decent NFL QB".

Ah, yes. The infamous pick 6 that got him benched. The play where Watt went unimpeded to the QB and got the int. Chandler, Fred, and the rookie Seantrel never laid a hand on him.

All Pro blocking RB Freddie let him through - probably because he was the intended target in the flat.

Chandler was looking for lord knows what, and Henderson did a WTF? and look-around to the blur that was Watt after performing picture perfect absolutely stunning block on air.

God, that was bad. It was poor judgement of EJ to throw in that direction with Watt bearing down on him like a "freight train coming your way", but looking at that clip again, what a Keystone Cops moment for the OL, TE, and RB

Anyone ever hear anything about who was supposed to block Mr Freight Train?

The backup is always the most popular guy in town.

I don't see what you're seeing - I'm not saying Cardale Jones doesn't seem like he has talent, or that what you say can't be true, I'm just saying he looks so raw yet and has played so little against 2nd and 3rd stringers I don't see how one can evaluate

I love this place!

That was unusually poor form for you WEO. Context is important, and in truncating that sentence to make it look like a stand-alone statement rather than a conditional modifier, you substantially altered its meaning

Is EJ a good enough and/or seasoned enough player to deserve to be named a starting NFL QB?

NOPE!

This is particularly true when you have the unproven (to date) but obviously talented Tyrod as your potential franchise QB.

However, this is a completely different question than the one reality actually has us asking.

If (when in today's NFL) Tyrod goes down for 3 games with some nick or injury, can EJ credibly fill in as starter for 3 games in the role Frank Reich used to adequately play for Jimbo.

Even with tis question clunkers like the one EJ displayed against Jax in the UK give real doubt.

However, EJ has shown he can lead an NFL team to victory even in nice come from behind performances that with good luck and a lot of support he is at least a .500 NFL QB!

He is not someone a TEAM can reasonably expect to start in Game 1 and lead the TEAM to an SB.

However, we do not expect or demand this.

I am comfortable EJ can fill our current needs as #2 which quite frankly is to make it reasonable for Cardell to sit and learn.

Ah, yes. The infamous pick 6 that got him benched. The play where Watt went unimpeded to the QB and got the int. Chandler, Fred, and the rookie Seantrel never laid a hand on him. Some glorious coaching from the good old days of Maroon.

2yoz5i0.jpg

That game had me thinking very seriously, that Marrone wanted him to succeed or die trying,

To the wolves you go EJM !!!

Thanks for bringing up what so many have forgotten. I, like EJ, have not forgotten that game.

2yoz5i0.jpg

Everybody knows that INT by Watt was all EJ's fault. Enough with the revisionist history :nana: BTW boys, it's CARDALE JONES. C'mon, it's not that hard. Certainly easier than Tavares Jackson.

Edited by Freddie's Dead