EJ Manuel

Bang bang play. Can't hit high so DBs go low.

That hit made me very angry.

Absolutely no need . Preseason no less.

Should have been ejected and fined because he was blatant twice. The body slam to Williams too. What the heck was Washington telling the players, its the freaking superbowl?

any hoo.

I thought EJM looked poised and in control. He throws low for some reason at time when he does not need to. But he definitely has grown. His O line was horrid at times and he never let that get him flustered. Kinda proud of the Kid.

Dont forget how bad Richardson was at RG.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bang bang play. Can't hit high so DBs go low.

He can hit high as long as it's not in the head or shoulder or leading with the crown of his helmet. Isn't it still a defenseless receiver if they go low on a player?

The rule could be read that way pretty easy.

Had no time to protect himself and lead with his helmet.

(a) Players in a defenseless posture are: [. . .]

(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;

[. . .]

(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:

(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and

(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.”

I thought EJM looked poised and in control. He throws low for some reason at time when he does not need to. But he definitely has grown. His O line was horrid at times and he never let that get him flustered. Kinda proud of the Kid.

Dont forget how bad Richardson was at RG.

I noticed a good amount of his low throws are when the receivers are going #OVERTHEMIDDLE. Could be a product of him trying to keep the receivers from getting killed.... or just bad throws.

He can hit high as long as it's not in the head or shoulder or leading with the crown of his helmet. Isn't it still a defenseless receiver if they go low on a player?

The rule could be read that way pretty easy.

Had no time to protect himself and lead with his helmet.

(a) Players in a defenseless posture are: [. . .]

(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;

[. . .]

(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:

(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and

(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.”

I noticed a good amount of his low throws are when the receivers are going #OVERTHEMIDDLE. Could be a product of him trying to keep the receivers from getting killed.... or just bad throws.

What's the weight differential between your average TE and your average DB?

I don't like it, not one bit, but they have to hit low. If the league feels that he's targeting the knees he'll be dealt with (too late for Gragg unfortunately). DBs have to go low to be effective.

I don't like it, not one bit, but they have to hit low. If the league feels that he's targeting the knees he'll be dealt with (too late for Gragg unfortunately). DBs have to go low to be effective.

It's the way DBs tackle Gronk on a regular basis.

I get that it's the easiest way of tackling a TE. Just doesn't look like he wanted to do anything other than try to hurt him. Hall was out for blood most of the game. He didn't even try to use his arms to tackle him which is why I think it should have been a personal foul. Looked more like trying to spear him.

Edited by The Wiz

Nope, I see the game perfectly fine and have seen some minimal improvement, yet it was against 2nd and 3rd string, so was it really improvement.

If you think he is good, then I wonder if you are in fact seeing the game in detail! The guy stinks, hmmmm.... who can't see!

Hate can be blinding.

I get that it's the easiest way of tackling a TE. Just doesn't look like he wanted to do anything other than try to hurt him. Hall was out for blood most of the game. He didn't even try to use his arms to tackle him which is why I think it should have been a personal foul. Looked more like trying to spear him.

he seemed on a mission. could easily have form tackled him at that point.

I cannot defend Hall whatsoever on this.

and yes this could be his career ( Gragg)

True, doesn't make it right though ?

Hall could have wrapped the legs

he seemed on a mission. could easily have form tackled him at that point.

I cannot defend Hall whatsoever on this.

and yes this could be his career ( Gragg)

True, doesn't make it right though ?

Hall could have wrapped the legs

He should have wrapped the legs. That's a proper form tackle, not what Hall did which was target the knee. There's no place for those types of hits in the game.

Bottom line is Deangelo Hall is !@#$ing dirty....Always has been, but he's an NFL baby ever since the draft. The NFL has an agenda for certain players. And unfortunately none of them play for the Bills.

Edited by Bubba Gump