Jerry Sullivan at it again

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/07/28/power-take-woods-doesnt-look-the-part-of-no-2-receiver/

Robert Woods was on the verge of blossoming into a very productive #2 before tearing his groin and playing with "one leg while dragging the other one behind me" in Robert Woods words.

I'm not sure if Sullivan ever experienced an athletic injury at all, based on how he looks, but to be honest I'm amazed that Woods was able to play not one game like that, but all 16. I've tweaked a groin and it is one of the most painful things you can do...you can barely walk let alone going out and playing football, blocking and running with it. The pain had to be excruciating...I know they get shot up and stuff, but damn...I give him a LOT of props for playing through it, not even mentioning it for why he wasn't looking as good as he did the year before and not missing any time because of it.

For Sullivan to say his performance last year was subpar and not even bring up playing with a torn groin which, is JUST A LITTLE important to a player who runs for a living, is just stupidity. Duh, if most people had a torn groin they would be sitting at home crying with every step, not going out and playing football.

That type of stuff pisses me off...he is acting like the dude just sucks when there was a perfectly legitimate reason why he sucked last year.

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been around that particular injury coaching and let me tell you.......yes.....its painful

but what it really is is frustrating.....because one cut.......or someone giving you a shove.....causes it to flare right back up again.

The only thing that heals it (and sometimes not even that) is rest...immobilization....and then regaining mobility and flexibility in that area.

Sometimes it requires surgury before the above can happen.

HACK:

noun. 1. a person, as an artist or writer, who exploits, for money, his or her creative ability or training in the production of dull, unimaginative, and trite work; one who produces banal and mediocre work in the hope of gaining commercial success

See: Jerry Sullivan

HACK:

noun. 1. a person, as an artist or writer, who exploits, for money, his or her creative ability or training in the production of dull, unimaginative, and trite work; one who produces banal and mediocre work in the hope of gaining commercial success

lol...spot on

Sully sucks

As someone who has torn his groin before, it is excruciatingly painful. I tried to play through it as it happened my senior year. Some days i could barely walk. Try cut quickly or open up your hips to cover someone. Damn near impossible

I've had an unpredictable groin injury for 26 years. It still flares up without warning, sometimes causing extreme pain to shoot throughout the left side of my body. It really sucks!

Sully sucks hard

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/07/28/power-take-woods-doesnt-look-the-part-of-no-2-receiver/

Robert Woods was on the verge of blossoming into a very productive #2 before tearing his groin and playing with "one leg while dragging the other one behind me" in Robert Woods words.

I'm not sure if Sullivan ever experienced an athletic injury at all, based on how he looks, but to be honest I'm amazed that Woods was able to play not one game like that, but all 16. I've tweaked a groin and it is one of the most painful things you can do...you can barely walk let alone going out and playing football, blocking and running with it. The pain had to be excruciating...I know they get shot up and stuff, but damn...I give him a LOT of props for playing through it, not even mentioning it for why he wasn't looking as good as he did the year before and not missing any time because of it.

For Sullivan to say his performance last year was subpar and not even bring up playing with a torn groin which, is JUST A LITTLE important to a player who runs for a living, is just stupidity. Duh, if most people had a torn groin they would be sitting at home crying with every step, not going out and playing football.

That type of stuff pisses me off...he is acting like the dude just sucks when there was a perfectly legitimate reason why he sucked last year.

I am sure Sullivan has got an injury on tongue and then felt terrible pain when sucking his daily lemons. He is an EXPERT at sucking.

HACK:

Nailed it. Someone go field goal kick Sully in the balls and tell him to get on the field and play WR

Edited by Marty McFly

HACK:

sully in British English

See all translations

sully

verb [ T ] UK ​ /ˈsʌl.i/ US ​ /ˈsʌl.i/ formal

to spoil something that is pure or someone's perfect reputation:

His reputation, he said, had been unfairly sullied by half-truths and innuendos.

to make something dirty:

No speck of dirt had ever sullied his hands.

Thesaurus: synonyms and related words

Damaging reputation

besmirch black mark blacken blot blot your copybook idiom calumny drag sb's name through the mire/mud idiom give a dog a bad name idiom hurl/throw/sling mud at sb idiom impugn libel poison scurrilous show someone in a bad light idiom slander smear stab stain taint vilify

Seems about right...

Though I do think instead of sully, taint may be a more apropos moniker henceforth.

Edited by transient

Sullivan can be an idiot, but he is right about Woods, we have been waiting for him to make a difference, and it is not going to happen on this team

JS often takes the neg side and it is rare he sees the positive side. On the other hand he does not hide on this board using a fake name like certain other writers/bloggers do

So they can't seem to figure out a way to keep Tyler Dunne but yet are somehow able to keep Jerry Sullivan. Should tell TBN a lot - but it probably doesn't.

Kind of weird Dunne is leaving after a year. Seems he might not have fit in with the "culture" at the BN.

It's sad to hear about Dunne.He was a solid reporter, and I can't imagine justifying keeping Bucky Gleason over him. That man must have photographs of someone in a bed with "a dead woman, or a live boy"