Jerry Sullivan at it again

Matter, just stop reading his articles as they are usually fact less, and asinine opinions. I'm sorry Dunne is leaving as I enjoyed reading his columns as well as Vic. Some people have been on Vic lately, but he is a solid beat reporter. I think he is fair balanced, and enjoy talking to him on press coverage on Saturdays. He does a show with another guy on NFLR.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad to hear about Dunne.He was a solid reporter, and I can't imagine justifying keeping Bucky Gleason over him. That man must have photographs of someone in a bed with "a dead woman, or a live boy"

gents, just do not click on the BN website...it really is that easy.

WWIP, i believe the Writers Guild is strong at the BN, believe that is why Sully, Gleason, and even Esmonde still have gigs. Need some fresh talent over there. it is very stale and the for guys like us that read the news everyday,we don't need to actually read the columns , we know what they will say just based on the byline.Same column as they wrote in 2004...

Edited by plenzmd1

Sullivan can be an idiot, but he is right about Woods, we have been waiting for him to make a difference, and it is not going to happen on this team

JS often takes the neg side and it is rare he sees the positive side. On the other hand he does not hide on this board using a fake name like certain other writers/bloggers do

All correct.

As for Woods not mentioning the tear last season, it shows he's not an idiot. Attributing it to him quietly and bravely toughing out an injury (as some have done) is hilarious. He was protecting himself, which was the smart and professional thing to do. That's because defenders will target injured areas of players if they know about them. Many coaches make a point of hiding, misreporting and vaguely reporting injuries for this reason. Belichick is one of them.

I've mentioned many times that I'm very worried about the WR corps. After Watkins there's a huge fall off to Woods and then only hope for late round picks and players who've failed elsewhere. An injury to Watkins and it's a dumpster fire.

Edited by BarleyNY

So they can't seem to figure out a way to keep Tyler Dunne but yet are somehow able to keep Jerry Sullivan. Should tell TBN a lot - but it probably doesn't.

I suspect there is no media outlet breaking down the door trying to hire Sully or Bucky.

Edited by Peter

Sullivan blows.

That said there is nothing incorrect about the article.

Woods has been average to below average last year and do is every WR on the roster not named Watkins.

People that say we're the least throwing team in the league are crazy - woods should still find a way to be above average.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/07/28/power-take-woods-doesnt-look-the-part-of-no-2-receiver/

Robert Woods was on the verge of blossoming into a very productive #2 before tearing his groin and playing with "one leg while dragging the other one behind me" in Robert Woods words.

I'm not sure if Sullivan ever experienced an athletic injury at all, based on how he looks, but to be honest I'm amazed that Woods was able to play not one game like that, but all 16. I've tweaked a groin and it is one of the most painful things you can do...you can barely walk let alone going out and playing football, blocking and running with it. The pain had to be excruciating...I know they get shot up and stuff, but damn...I give him a LOT of props for playing through it, not even mentioning it for why he wasn't looking as good as he did the year before and not missing any time because of it.

For Sullivan to say his performance last year was subpar and not even bring up playing with a torn groin which, is JUST A LITTLE important to a player who runs for a living, is just stupidity. Duh, if most people had a torn groin they would be sitting at home crying with every step, not going out and playing football.

That type of stuff pisses me off...he is acting like the dude just sucks when there was a perfectly legitimate reason why he sucked last year.

You can tell by his personality that he frequently had his lunch money taken in school.

So they can't seem to figure out a way to keep Tyler Dunne but yet are somehow able to keep Jerry Sullivan. Should tell TBN a lot - but it probably doesn't.

Maybe because you all cannot resist reading/talking about him?

Maybe because you all cannot resist reading/talking about him?

They're a profitable organization in a business where the model has changed maybe as drastically than any other - so they clearly make good decisions. What you just said has been said multiple times. He has a job because his negativity attracts the angry emotion but people can't stay away. That's fine if that's the angle. I'm saying it's a shame when young talent like Dunne leave after only 1 year - who's spent his entire career (short) as a newspaper guy - to leave for a website gig. Gotta be a problem there beyond just an opportunity for Dunne.

They're a profitable organization in a business where the model has changed maybe as drastically than any other - so they clearly make good decisions. What you just said has been said multiple times. He has a job because his negativity attracts the angry emotion but people can't stay away. That's fine if that's the angle. I'm saying it's a shame when young talent like Dunne leave after only 1 year - who's spent his entire career (short) as a newspaper guy - to leave for a website gig. Gotta be a problem there beyond just an opportunity for Dunne.

Dunno left the BN for another (better) opportunity at Bleacher Report. He wasn't fired. Why is that the BN's "problem"?

I'm speculating that it's a place he doesn't want to be - and suggesting that's their issue.

Why would you assume that?? He is now going from being a beat writer for a tiny circulation local rag to a widely read national sports website.

You don't think a young guy wouldn't jump at that chance? Wow.

Why would you assume that?? He is now going from being a beat writer for a tiny circulation local rag to a widely read national sports website.

You don't think a young guy wouldn't jump at that chance? Wow.

wow. you pick the most interesting places to dig in Weo !

once again, you're giving him attention. That is what keeps him employed. Posting a thread here ensures he will remain in his position. You're doing your own 'cause' a disservice.

well if folks would stop linking !!

Nothing he said was incorrect. The Bills were an average team last year and Woods played below average. The past is a great predictor of the future.

I think the OP's point was that Sullivan chose not to include the fact that Woods was playing with an injury, not that what he said was incorrect. And are you saying because he was playing with an injury, that it is a predictor of the future? Then I agree, he would probably play thru another injury if he could.. You're a good example on why some athletes choose not to play with injury. Why play when you're only criticized for being sub par? Then again those ones will only criticize you for not playing thru injury. You can't win with some people.