Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a good idea without the Bills having language to walk away relatively unscathed.

Nice! A preemptive "the Bills are stupid" post! Wouldn't have expected anything less from you.

I couldn't care less about whatever terms are announced. It's not my money, I like Tyrod, and if the Bills believe in him and can still pay the other players they need to pay that's all I care about.

Nice! A preemptive "the Bills are stupid" post! Wouldn't have expected anything less from you.I couldn't care less about whatever terms are announced. It's not my money, I like Tyrod, and if the Bills believe in him and can still pay the other players they need to pay that's all I care about.

Better than a post with as much depth as me pissing on a driveway.

Edited by FireChan

This smells like a Kaepernick type deal to me. That would be a big win.

For those of you that continue to bring up the Fitzpatrick contract please realize that contract made him like the 20th highest paid starter in the league (or something). That is not a big commitment. It is getting in line with the league.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

After my extreme confusion why the Bills would give him $35M in the first 2 years rather than the $25M they have him for now, if we extend him in the $15-$17M range per on a long term deal it's beginning to make a lot more sense.

I always thought 4 years for $70M or 5 years for around $85M is probably where the Bills wanted to be.

I myself would've had Tyrod play out this year to get another 16 games of information on him before going all in money wise on him, but it appears the Bills are set on extending him now.

We probably won't know for at least another 2 seasons maybe even 3 if this is a wise decision. I hope it is, but Im curious why they wouldn't just wait one more season

After my extreme confusion why the Bills would give him $35M in the first 2 years rather than the $25M they have him for now, if we extend him in the $15-$17M range per on a long term deal it's beginning to make a lot more sense.

I always thought 4 years for $70M or 5 years for around $85M is probably where the Bills wanted to be.

I myself would've had Tyrod play out this year to get another 16 games of information on him before going all in money wise on him, but it appears the Bills are set on extending him now.

We probably won't know for at least another 2 seasons maybe even 3 if this is a wise decision. I hope it is, but Im curious why they wouldn't just wait one more season

Must be that TT is looking stellar in camp and they want to get ahead of it rather than wait the year and owe him more.

The reason to overpay him a this year, as opposed to having him play out the year, is to make the negotiations on a long-term deal play out smoothly.

By paying him more now, they're letting him know he's valued, which often translates to a better overall deal or at least to a smoother path to a longer deal (and for the record, I do athlete sponsorship contracts as part of my job).

Definitely going to be interesting to see where this deal ends up! :beer:

No need to jump the gun with uninformed opinions about the contract. We won't know enough about it to do that until the details come out - which will take days.

But that's not the Two Bills Drive way!!

If these numbers are huge I am really starting to question Whaley and his decisions.

Kirk cousins hasn't even been signed yet. We better be getting Tyrod cheap for signing him right now

Remember when we thought how smart Whaley was for not making the same mistake we did with Fitzpatrick LOL

Edited by Yeezus