Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@bytimgraham

Hold your tickets until the official numbers are out there, but I'm told the Tyrod Taylor contract has been hammered out. Just passing along

So, he's saying that Hammer had something to do with this? Now I REALLY like the sound of this contract - rumors are the new deal includes 2 Prime spots for every home game!

Kaepernick ,Foles and RG3 made me gun shy till I see more then 1 season as a starting QB

The Kaep deal is what I am hoping for. Basically it was 2 fully guaranteed years and then in year 3 they had to make a decision or cut their losses. It's a very, very, very team friendly deal.

Nice! A preemptive "the Bills are stupid" post! Wouldn't have expected anything less from you.

I couldn't care less about whatever terms are announced. It's not my money, I like Tyrod, and if the Bills believe in him and can still pay the other players they need to pay that's all I care about.

exactly.

The Kaep deal is what I am hoping for. Basically it was 2 fully guaranteed years and then in year 3 they had to make a decision or cut their losses. It's a very, very, very team friendly deal.

I love that deal for us as well. We've seen enough to be optimistic, but not enough to go all-in.

This seems premature. Let's see if he can run a 2 min drill before throwing all of your eggs in one basket. Nothing more frustrating than knowing the defense is in prevent and the QB can't even get a first down. I was ok with a bridge deal but not a long term all in big money contract

Long time reader, first time poster. Thanks for having me Bills fans!

Just my 2 cents on the Tyrod contract. Like it or not, this is a QB driven league and that in and of itself almost forces you to take some chances. Are there risks in signing TT to a 6 year deal? Of course. We have seen plenty of examples on the board. But, there is also big upside potential. The reality is, I believe it is smart for the Bills to take that chance now.

The alternative, letting TT play out his contract, is risky on a couple of levels. If he has another good year, not even great, his value goes up big time. If that were the case, he will have lots of suiters. Yes, we could also slap the tag on him, but its looking like we'll need that for Gilmore. Right now, we have the leverage.

If TT can stay healthy, I think he can be a solid QB. Its worth the risk -