Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/07/27/bills-taylor-talking-frequently-contract-extension/

The Buffalo Bills are continuing their efforts to sign Tyrod Taylor to a long-term contract extension, and reaching an agreement before the start of the regular season is a possibility, The Buffalo News has learned.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the small sample size, if you can't tell the difference between TT and Fitz/Trent, I don't know what can be done for you. Pay the freaking man!!!

I respectfully disagree. Signing Taylor now would be asinine, in my opinion.

Bills are in the power of position now. They won't be next offseason when they'll be forced to either pay him 0r tag him. I understand the dilemma because they have him for such a low price this year. I think if he gets a new deal soon it will reflect a healthy hometown discount. Probably in the $15- $16M range. If he plays good this year he'll likely be asking for $19-$20M

Bills are in the power of position now. They won't be next offseason when they'll be forced to either pay him 0r tag him. I understand the dilemma because they have him for such a low price this year. I think if he gets a new deal soon it will reflect a healthy hometown discount. Probably in the $15- $16M range. If he plays good this year he'll likely be asking for $19-$20M

Power bottom, perhaps...

The article at least alludes to the fact that they're not simply opening the checkbook to give him Osweiler type of money. "Trying to seek common ground" tells me that they would extend him now, but at a discount. How much that discount is exactly is unknown. If I'm Tyrod and truly believe that his play on the field will speak for itself, there's no way I take a significant haircut off of the going rate for a starter. The only thing that makes sense for the Bills trying to do it now is the discount. There's no point in paying the full rate now, when you can just make him earn it.

i would be very surprised if he signs for 15m a year right now. I would expect the numbers to be similar to osweiler at 18m. if he plays out the season and does well enough to cement a starting job, id imagine 20m would be the jumping off point.

Well, then, it sounds like a done deal.

Still, I won't believe it's a done deal until Tim Graham reports on someone else reporting on it!

Most likely, John Kruk.

I don't hate it at all at the right numbers. I am higher on Tyrod than others though. I think that he is a middle of the league guy now; I saw what I needed to see. He is already the best QB that we have had since AT LEAST Bledsoe and his ceiling is very high.

NoSaint is kind of right though that he would be crazy to take a anything less than a $18M average. If he would take a $15M average I think that it would be done already. Maybe, maybe, maybe you can get him on a Kaepernick-structured type of deal which would be a steal.

Edited by Kirby Jackson