Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so the next time people complain the Bills don't have any pro bowl players I should just ignore it?

No. You should remind them that the Pro Bowl doesn't mean schit.

No. You should remind them that the Pro Bowl doesn't mean schit.

Playing in it -- you are correct.

Being recognized as worthy by your peers and fans -- you could not be more wrong.

Seriously?

I guess I have to say, "Yes, seriously"...if you're going to criticize, how about you make a cogent argument for your reason rather than just, "Seriously?"....

To hazard a guess, I'm thinking you don't like the two years fully guaranteed suggestion? And why? EJ is gone after this year, maybe even after camp, and you're going to need a competent back-up - assuming he doesn't rise to the Starter's job at some point, so why would it be "seriously"? As for 4 years, he's only 27, just turned 27 in January, so why is that an automatic "seriously?"...? Elaborate please.

I guess I have to say, "Yes, seriously"...if you're going to criticize, how about you make a cogent argument for your reason rather than just, "Seriously?"....

To hazard a guess, I'm thinking you don't like the two years fully guaranteed suggestion? And why? EJ is gone after this year, maybe even after camp, and you're going to need a competent back-up - assuming he doesn't rise to the Starter's job at some point, so why would it be "seriously"? As for 4 years, he's only 27, just turned 27 in January, so why is that an automatic "seriously?"...? Elaborate please.

Because he hasn't been very good for the last 2 years. One strong year in his career 3 seasons ago. I may be wrong, but it seems a lot to give someone like him, and you haven't mentioned dollars and that would be a big factor. If we sign him, do we keep 4 QB's on the active roster? Cut EJ now? Sorry for the short 'seriously' comment , but that was my initial reaction.

Because he hasn't been very good for the last 2 years. One strong year in his career 3 seasons ago. I may be wrong, but it seems a lot to give someone like him, and you haven't mentioned dollars and that would be a big factor. If we sign him, do we keep 4 QB's on the active roster? Cut EJ now? Sorry for the short 'seriously' comment , but that was my initial reaction.

And that's a fair point; however, we know in this league, and especially with Tyrod's potential for injury due to his type of game, isn't it worth it to know that the entire season isn't derailed due to an injury? And, Foles still had a better passing statistical season than any QB for Buffalo since Flutie. If you remove the teams out of it, and put him in a BILLS uniform and change OCs twice in 3 years, and just 27 years old, most people would be saying, "Give him a chance in Roman's system". And - I don't think he would demand a top tier contract because the Rams already have to pay him richly - but that is merely speculation. The final dollars will tell the story. However, thank you for the explanation. Appreciate the time you took to respond.

What an outstanding young man Tyrod seems to be - makes it even easier to root for him.

He seems like a great young man. You're right. It does make him easy to root for. I hope he kicks ass.

What if he sucks in 2016?

What if he suffers a significant injury in 2016?

there it is honestly.

sleepless nights for someone.

just wait it out, by his Moms a TV show or something for now

Fixed.

He might have a point here Promo.

What an outstanding young man Tyrod seems to be - makes it even easier to root for him.

messing with our head is all.

Actually im not in favor of paying TT just yet

but...proceed sir

He has a point

I am but only if the conversation is going like this: If you would like to sign now for 14 million we can do that - if you want 20 million then we've got to see you play more.

Look at it this way:

If Tyrod plays out his deal for $3M and plays well, he'll likely be looking for $18-$20M per year. Say the Bills gave him 4 years $72M. If you factor in this year at $3M, that would be a total of 5 years - $75M.

What I'm trying to say is a $15M a year deal now is the same as a $20M a year deal next year, due to his low price in '16. Tyrod's agent might prefer the optics of a $20M per year deal, but it's going to be tough to turn down a hefty amount of guaranteed $ now.

It sounds to me like Tyrod and his agent are prepared to blink. 4 years for $66M, is what I predict.