Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

Could be $5 million per year for 2 years with fairly easy to achieve performance bonuses that get it to 13 million/yr. That way if he fails, the Bills are covered. Then if he does really well it goes to 22 Million/yr.

I don't know why things are not structured like that more often.

Risk of injury to the player -- something generally out of their control. They want the guaranteed $$.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@rapsheet

Negotiations between the #Bills & QB Tyrod Taylor are ongoing and there is plenty of optimism a deal gets done before the season begins.

The Tyrod Taylor talks are unique because he's only started 14 gms & his salary is so low. There are cap considerations. But he's the leader

@christrapasso

If #Bills can get Tyrod deal done before Wk 1, it's a (financial) win for them. Waiting until in-season creates risk that price would go up.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think if it gets done it would be a good deal for us. sub 15 mil per year for 2-3 years maybe with a nice signing bonus. if he's looking for big money we can just wait and either sign him or tag him. i've said it before...maybe 2-3 years 15 mil per and guarantee a lot of the deal.

Whaley had said from the beginning that if there was a deal that made sense from both sides, he would go ahead and get it done. So i would anticipate a deal that could be a "pay as you go" like Kap or Dalton.

I'd love a Kaepernick style deal. One that basically guarantees the base salary every year until 2018. Kaepernick is essentially two years into a 6 year deal and his dead money for 2017 if he's cut is less than $5m.

That deal is genius.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I'd love a Kaepernick style deal. One that basically guarantees the base salary every year. Kaepernick is essentially two years into a 6 year deal and his dead money for 2017 if he's cut is less than $5m.

That deal is genius.

A deal like that would be great for the Bills, but I'm not sure another agent allows one like that again.

SB Nation:Tyrod Taylor deserves Brock Osweiler money, maybe more

Rise 'n Grind:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/8/1/12340732/tyrod-taylor-bills-contract-brock-osweiler-money

It's kinda weird because this is so right and so wrong all at once.

The market sets itself but with no idea of merit. Just because the Texans were stupid, doesn't mean that other teams should be.

Edited by Blokestradamus

absolutely. Sign TT and dangle the tag in front of Gilmore's agent all season.

That's what I figured this was all about.

Im sure the Bills would much rather sign Gilmore now and Taylor later, but if Gilmore's side isnt going to playing ball right now then get Taylor signed and get your leverage ready for Stephon.

That's what I figured this was all about.

Im sure the Bills would much rather sign Gilmore now and Taylor later, but if Gilmore's side isnt going to playing ball right now then get Taylor signed and get your leverage ready for Stephon.

Yup. My level of enthusiasm will depend on the contract, however.

No matter how good of a deal this is for the Bills, this is proof that Whaley sucks, or something.

Right?

Nothing like trying to preemptively give credit for something that hasn't happened with no details. Christ on a cracker, how many of you work for the Bills? Edited by FireChan

So the All-Pro team is also meaningless? Come on, folks, do we really think players, fans, and media are voting for crappy players just because they "like" them?

i think they are both because they like them (favorite team, fantasy team) and because they dont watch the 31 other guys starting. yea, you arent going to get bad players sent over the guy with the highlights on ESPN -- but i think you will see a flashy guy in a big market go instead of a soft spoken small market guy.

I think if it gets done it would be a good deal for us. sub 15 mil per year for 2-3 years maybe with a nice signing bonus. if he's looking for big money we can just wait and either sign him or tag him. i've said it before...maybe 2-3 years 15 mil per and guarantee a lot of the deal.

15m per would leave him as the 20-something highest paid contract. i just dont see that being a deal he jumps at. maybe, but it seems a long shot.

Nothing like trying to preemptively give credit for something that hasn't happened with no details. Christ on a cracker, how many of you work for the Bills?

Listen Gugny, you've made your position regarding Taylor very clear. When a deal is reached, you'll hate it. We get it.

i think they are both because they like them (favorite team, fantasy team) and because they dont watch the 31 other guys starting. yea, you arent going to get bad players sent over the guy with the highlights on ESPN -- but i think you will see a flashy guy in a big market go instead of a soft spoken small market guy.

15m per would leave him as the 20-something highest paid contract. i just dont see that being a deal he jumps at. maybe, but it seems a long shot.

16-18?