Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm concerned...

Same, but, I do think that the team needs to explore this and if the numbers are right...take the chance.

@salsports

How would a Tyrod Taylor contract be structured? Creatively. Here's what I've learned about the negotiations:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22831276.php?contentType=4&contentId=18812297

What is a league source and why would one (a league source) have knowledge of the negotiations that are taking place?

Same, but, I do think that the team needs to explore this and if the numbers are right...take the chance.

What is a league source and why would one (a league source) have knowledge of the negotiations that are taking place?

Because it's someone involved in the deal leaking information. At least I would imagine.

Edited by The Wiz

What part are you not getting in this equation

If he plays out his contract another team will offer him a stupid high contract.....and we wont be able to tag him cuz we need it for Gilmore.....

When you find QBs that can play? You dont let them get away.

Smart aleck remarks John.

No need.

I need to see more than i have to pay him. If he plays as wel as you hope, he gets a stupid high contract regardless. and he should !@!

When he shines i give him the monies, the guarantees the keys to the City and one of my fine daughters of his choice.

Stop panicking he will get away.

It could be mid season or post season.But paying him now is asking for the curse to rear it's ugly head

Then they simply circle the wagons like all good Bills fans do.

An excellent answer Nanks!

Pat Kirwan said tonight he feels confident they'll get a deal done with Tyrod before the season. They sounded confident on both Taylor and Gilmore...

It would make sense to see negotiations reach a conclusion for Gilmore and Taylor at about the same time. Both agents know that they have more leverage while both players are unsigned. If the Bills were willing to pay a bit more to get one under contract so they'd have the option to tag the other, I'm sure a deal would get done. It's probably a good sign for Whaley and the Bills that it's going down the way it is. I do always wonder about smoke in these cases. It'd be smart to float a lot of this stuff out there whether or not it was true.

Jfh and PTR love fest take 200,784. Pay everyone !

Every bill is the best. Even when they lose to the Alex Smiths and Bradfords of the world.

Nice simplistic view of our opinions........

Tyrod Taylor is the best QB to come along for this team since Jim Kelly....and you want him to play out his entire contract so some other team can take him off our hands with a poison pill contract?

Because of course.....qbs are so easy to find

I would like to see a little more before he gets paid....but in the end....we better not lose him

Smart aleck remarks John.

No need.

I need to see more than i have to pay him. If he plays as wel as you hope, he gets a stupid high contract regardless. and he should !@!

When he shines i give him the monies, the guarantees the keys to the City and one of my fine daughters of his choice.

Stop panicking he will get away.

It could be mid season or post season.But paying him now is asking for the curse to rear it's ugly head

An excellent answer Nanks!

I also would like to see more.....but do you really suggest we should let him play out his entire contract?

Come on man.....mid season of this next year would mostly be my target....but maybe it makes better financial sense to get him locked down now so they can concentrate on Gilmore?

Letting him play out his entire contract might be a huge mistake.....what if he plays levels better this year?

Nice simplistic view of our opinions........

Tyrod Taylor is the best QB to come along for this team since Jim Kelly....and you want him to play out his entire contract so some other team can take him off our hands with a poison pill contract?

Because of course.....qbs are so easy to find

I would like to see a little more before he gets paid....but in the end....we better not lose him

I also would like to see more.....but do you really suggest we should let him play out his entire contract?

Come on man.....mid season of this next year would mostly be my target....but maybe it makes better financial sense to get him locked down now so they can concentrate on Gilmore?

Letting him play out his entire contract might be a huge mistake.....what if he plays levels better this year?

Then the Bills make the playoffs and beyond.

I, am not looking for a bargain. I , am looking for THE FRANCHISE QB Bills have sorely been missing o'er this last 16 years. He might well be it.

Honest about having him select one of my daughters. I am sure they will not mind the sacrifice for dear old Dad.

I do not care about the money or any finagling a contract once Tyrod shows he can run this Offense.

Again John, i think he will. but i really need to see it.

He beats the Ravens and plays well the next 3 games after, i might start saying " now is the time"

Keep in mind , he might be betting upon himself. I could see that in his character. Thats a good thing BTW.

Cheers John !

Edited by 3rdand12

Then the Bills make the playoffs and beyond.

I, am not looking for a bargain. I , am looking for THE FRANCHISE QB Bills have sorely been missing o'er this last 16 years. He might well be it.

Honest about having him select one of my daughters. I am sure they will not mind the sacrifice for dear old Dad.

I do not care about the money or any finagling a contract once Tyrod shows he can run this Offense.

Again John, i think he will. but i really need to see it.

He beats the Ravens and plays well the next 3 games after, i might start saying " now is the time"

Keep in mind , he might be betting upon himself. I could see that in his character. Thats a good thing BTW.

Cheers John !

I know people are worried about the Fitzpatrick curse

I am to

but I honestly think Tyrod is levels better because he has better physical tools......and where Fitz makes the game killing mistake....it seems to me that is why Tyrod is actually at his best

Needs a team around him though

I know people are worried about the Fitzpatrick curse

I am to

but I honestly think Tyrod is levels better because he has better physical tools......and where Fitz makes the game killing mistake....it seems to me that is why Tyrod is actually at his best

Needs a team around him though

no argument John. I meant the Big Curse. Being Fitzed is not the one i was thinking of.

Have the highest hopes for Taylor and The Bills

You know you made it when a poster is obsessed with everything you do. It's like having a stalker.

always wanted want of those. Parents never loved me though. Each year i pointed, circled and highlighted "stalker " in the Sears Christmas catalogue

@salsports

How would a Tyrod Taylor contract be structured? Creatively. Here's what I've learned about the negotiations:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22831276.php?contentType=4&contentId=18812297

I hope this is Sal's logic and not the Bills because it's terrible business.

The Bills currently have Tyrod under contract for an extremely team friendly deal for this year. Why would you possibly give him a huge raise this season, with no commitment for future years, other than to be just nice and throw around Terry Pegula's money? If he's going to get a significant raise for this year than he needs to commit to at least 2 additional years for maybe $15-$16 million per year. It's not smart to give someone a huge raise just because, and if it were to do down this way I'd have serious concerns about not only Whaley but the Pegulas. You would think they would be better negotiators than that.

Let's assume the following:

Tyrod plays out his contract this year for $3M

Tyrod gets franchise tag for '17 and makes $21M

Tyrod gets franchise tag for '18 and makes $25M

What we essentially have is a 3 year $49M deal. That's just under $16.5M per year, which is a great deal assuming he's playing well, and if he totally craps the bed you don't need to give him the franchise tag so it protects the team against an implosion. Obviously, it's not ideal to absorb huge franchise tag cap hits, which is why the Bills are probably eager to do an extension, but in no way should the Bills offer more than that $49M over the first 3 years. Just bad business deal if they do, which they did do with Shady after trading for him, so you never know.

What part are you not getting in this equation

If he plays out his contract another team will offer him a stupid high contract.....and we wont be able to tag him cuz we need it for Gilmore.....

When you find QBs that can play? You dont let them get away.

Wow. What a dense post. And you're being condescending on top of that.

In your opinion, if Tyrod plays well enough this season to elicit a big contract from someone, the Bills will still decide to tag Gilmore and let Taylor walk? Instead of the other way around?

That would be a fireable offense by Whaley but I'm sure you and your pom-pom waving chums would still justify it somehow.

The only way Tyrod is not on this team in 2017 is because of injury or if the Bills think they have a better option at QB. Which they won't.