Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

The tucker quote is silly. There have been qbs that played out deals. If all is accurate - this is a steal of a deal for the team.

I think Ross is trying to say that everyone criticizing Tyrod would take the same exact deal they were in Tyrod's shoes.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@usatodaysports

Strip away the big numbers on Tyrod Taylors new contract with the Buffalo Bills, and heres the rub.

Breaking down Bills QB Tyrod Taylor's 5-year, $90 million deal

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2016/08/12/tyrod-taylor-contract-extension/88642352/

So basically he's making the same money as Osweiler but we have an out at any point in the first two years of it. Seems good to me. I get the feeling those year 2 number are what solidified the deal. Now he will play this season for a major payday in his second year.

I think Ross is trying to say that everyone criticizing Tyrod would take the same exact deal they were in Tyrod's shoes.

And I'm saying sone people that have actually been in his shoes have pushed to the end of their deal instead of a bridge

@usatodaysports

Strip away the big numbers on Tyrod Taylors new contract with the Buffalo Bills, and heres the rub.

Breaking down Bills QB Tyrod Taylor's 5-year, $90 million deal

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2016/08/12/tyrod-taylor-contract-extension/88642352/

This sounds like the perfect deal for everyone. Kudos to Whaley and Tyrod. Another reason to like the kid.

So is TT Rex' qb then?

Yeah, you could say they are joined at the hip and Whaley, too. The entire organization for that matter. If TT succeeds, Rex and Co. will succeed and Whaley and the rest of the front office will have turned the tide. The upside is, that if TT doesn't pan out, the financial ramifications are mitigated.

GO BILLS!!!

So is TT Rex' qb then?

Well, he's always been.

Now I didn't listen to the audio, but if this post is correctly paraphrased, he was definitely thankful to the Pegulas and Rex for giving him the opportunity with the Bills.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/187705-8-12-whaley-and-tyrod-talk-about-the-contract-extension/?p=4005044

Edited by Rico

Interesting. That 2017 number eats about $25m of the estimated $32m cap space (based on the cap going up about $10-11m or so again). So if they were able to get Gilmore at around the tag price they'd need to make a few cuts. I think it pretty much confirms Kyle Williams will not be a Bill in 2017 unless he is willing to play for a pittance.

EDIT: I would like not the spread the hit across the length of Tyrod's deal if possible. I'd only do that if he absolutely lights it up in 2016 because if he just takes a small step I want to maintain the future flexibility.

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe it is a 25M cap hit for 2017, I think it would be somewhere closer to $17-18M

12m is his base salary so that sounds about right.

A roster bonus isn't amortized (though they could convert it to signing bonus)

The interesting situation will be if he takes a slight step back but doesn't collapse or he's nagging injury. That's a big option next year.

Ideally it's an easy choice though

So, 15 of his 27 mil salary in 2017 is a bonus. He gets it all at once, but from a cap perspective, doesn't it get split up among the remaining 5 years?

So basically, it's a 12 mil cap hit plus 3 mil bonus, bringing him up to 15 mil against the cap in 2017?

If true, this is an even better deal for the team than I thought, all while TT gets taken care.

I'm very impressed