Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Taylor flames out, the Bills wasted money they didn't have to this year. If he ascends, they have him at below market for next 5 years.

There are no guarantees in any business transaction for a contract at anytime. You try to mitigate your risks on both sides before you sign and It looks like they did.

@albertbreer

More on Taylor's deal: Bump to $9.5M for '16; $15.5M option bonus due next March, with a $12M base for '17, $13M for '18. $50M over first 3.

Interesting. That 2017 number eats about $25m of the estimated $32m cap space (based on the cap going up about $10-11m or so again). So if they were able to get Gilmore at around the tag price they'd need to make a few cuts. I think it pretty much confirms Kyle Williams will not be a Bill in 2017 unless he is willing to play for a pittance.

EDIT: I would like not the spread the hit across the length of Tyrod's deal if possible. I'd only do that if he absolutely lights it up in 2016 because if he just takes a small step I want to maintain the future flexibility.

Edited by GunnerBill

It's really simple if he doesn't perform the team buys him out, if he's great, the team will tear up the deal and make it better for him! The experts think the team got a great deal and TT lost.

Don't we all wish we could lose so badly!

Why does there have to be a loser? Isn't it possible that both sides got what they want?

Please do us all a favor and go jump off the falls. Being a Bills fan is tough enough. We don't need miserable "fans" like you pissing in our corn flakes.

As a reminder to everyone...in my book tit for tat doesn't cut it. Responding to bad behavior just as badly isn't OK with me. Free pass this time, with the season basically here I'm reminding everyone how I act on the board.

If you've got a problem then open a report as several people did today. Don't expect instantaneous action because we have jobs. I happened to stop by when I was waiting for an appointment and lo & behold we have us a real donneybrook on our hands & whoa nellie it's been taken care of. On game days we're generally here unless we're there, but, be patient and remember never feed the trolls.

So disagreeing with another's opinion is now "trolling"? I'm not looking for validation, and what's the point of a message board if we're all fanboys like good Kirby here?

Man up, let's have a discussion. Agree or disagree, I like to see both sides' points.

Leave your fanboy comments at the curb. Act like and adult and you'll be fine. Act like an ass and you won't; either way everybody wins.

and if you're going to tell people to man up I'd recommend losing the cartoon name.

Interesting. That 2017 number eats about $25m of the estimated $32m cap space (based on the cap going up about $10-11m or so again). So if they were able to get Gilmore at around the tag price they'd need to make a few cuts. I think it pretty much confirms Kyle Williams will not be a Bill in 2017 unless he is willing to play for a pittance.

EDIT: I would like not the spread the hit across the length of Tyrod's deal if possible. I'd only do that if he absolutely lights it up in 2016 because if he just takes a small step I want to maintain the future flexibility.

Why did you pick Kyle Williams? how about A Williams or Corey Graham?

Thats just crazy talk saying Kyle will be the chess piece moved off the table. Crazy talk, I say to you Bill !!