Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

That would seem strange to me. If Taylor's convinced that he'll be better, why would he sign a deal like that?

Either way, I envision no scenario now whereby Taylor sees his play diminish and we draft a QB in round 1.

Can't wait to see the numbers on this, but I have a feeling that the fans' "interpretation" of what's been said and reality are two different things. This place is the most sunshine-rainbows-and-lollipops of any Bills forums out there.

It would have been wise, not that our FO is, to have at least seen how TT performed for 5 or 6 games before giving him a contract that in all likelihood prevents us from moving on a QB in a draft next year that should have several worthy of selecting, including Chad Kelly.

I really need to hear the explanation for how this contract prevents the Bills from taking a QB high in the draft.

Let's look for a moment at the Eagles, who gave Sam Bradford a contract with nearly identical AAV, and then picked a QB at No. 2 overall...please explain why they weren't prevented from picking Wentz, but the Bills would be prevented from picking a QB (setting aside the idea that I don't see Chad Kelly as a 1st round pick at the moment).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except taskersghost you could start a thread on filet mignon and he would say it ain't Kobe beef !!

And you and everyone else would be insisting that just because it's filet mignon it must be Kobe beef.

Absolutely classic statement in a response to me demonstrating the sheer lack of wit by the person attempting to wittingly slam me;

Comparing a cut of beef to a type of cattle.

OT, but this thread is an example of why I hate it when speculation threads turn into news threads... you have to wade through pages of outdated discussion, leaks, and bickering until you find the spot where the most recent news got reported.

Those numbers at the top and bottom of the screen are page numbers, you can click on them to jump to the last page of the thread which will have the most up to date news and HOT TAKES!

I really need to hear the explanation for how this contract prevents the Bills from taking a QB high in the draft.

Let's look for a moment at the Eagles, who gave Sam Bradford a contract with nearly identical AAV, and then picked a QB at No. 2 overall...please explain why they weren't prevented from picking Wentz, but the Bills would be prevented from picking a QB (setting aside the idea that I don't see Chad Kelly as a 1st round pick at the moment).

Why are good posters responding to the troll still?

OT, but this thread is an example of why I hate it when speculation threads turn into news threads... you have to wade through pages of outdated discussion, leaks, and bickering until you find the spot where the most recent news got reported.

LOL

Particularly here, again, and here it's incessantly the sunshine/rainbows/& lollipops take.

Then when reality hits its people slamming one another on who's been wrong when, etc. Kinda like kindergarden, 'cept different.

Those numbers at the top and bottom of the screen are page numbers, you can click on them to jump to the last page of the thread which will have the most up to date news and HOT TAKES!

I think he was referring to being on page 12 and not knowing where it started with the official info. Nice hot take though.

That would seem strange to me. If Taylor's convinced that he'll be better, why would he sign a deal like that?

Either way, I envision no scenario now whereby Taylor sees his play diminish and we draft a QB in round 1.

Can't wait to see the numbers on this, but I have a feeling that the fans' "interpretation" of what's been said and reality are two different things. This place is the most sunshine-rainbows-and-lollipops of any Bills forums out there.

It would have been wise, not that our FO is, to have at least seen how TT performed for 5 or 6 games before giving him a contract that in all likelihood prevents us from moving on a QB in a draft next year that should have several worthy of selecting, including Chad Kelly.

Except everything that is being said by the professionals supports what is being said by everyone here (with one exception). I don't know why you continue to discredit what the experts are reporting and make up your own version of the contract details? That just doesn't make any sense. Here is Schefter: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17284439/tyrod-taylor-agrees-contract-extension-buffalo-bills

Life is boring when everyone agrees...at some point, I feel the need to try to understand where folks with opposite opinions are coming from in their thinking.

Admittedly, some folks tend to take that opportunity to say outlandish things, which I then get sucked into debating, but hey, it makes things interesting.

Except everything that is being said by the professionals supports what is being said by everyone here (with one exception). I don't know why you continue to discredit what the experts are reporting and make up your own version of the contract details? That just doesn't make any sense. Here is Schefter: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17284439/tyrod-taylor-agrees-contract-extension-buffalo-bills

You haven't had many a discussion with TG yet, have you? :lol:

I like this board, you can state your opinion and have some decent back and forth with the folks. I would think you would appreciate that part of it! On other boards if you say anything but happy words you will be banished and it leads to very little productive conversation.

If the deal is structured as being reported it does not restrict the Bills from drafting a QB. Again, if this contract is written as reported and with the RWS for incoming rookies there is no reason to pass on a superior talent if one does indeed fall to us.

Really?

You truly envision no scenario now that minimizes the Bills selecting a QB in next year's draft?

Seriously?

Again, let's see what the contract is first and then discuss more. PM me, not trying to avoid you, but I really don't need to read most of these inane speculative posts. It's a waste of time.

In short tho, the only type of contract that would not hinder us from drafting a QB would be one that's backloaded or almost entirely incentives.

Again, who knows at this point w/o the details, but if the team got a contract like that from TT more power to them, I'll be the first to congruatulate the FO for a change.

OTOH I'd have to think that TT's not that stupid to obligate himself for 6 seasons possibly for peanuts or some insignificant sum at the team's (this team especially) will, while taking himself out of play otherwise throughout his prime years.

Do you think he did that? I don't.

I know I know, all the brainiacs here think he did, and who knows, perhaps he was that stupid.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Totally agree. AS far as I'm concerned, if a thread ttItle has to be updated, a new thread should be started. Especially if an item like this where speculation turns into actual announcement, and discussion shifts to be about what is known.

Life is boring when everyone agrees...at some point, I feel the need to try to understand where folks with opposite opinions are coming from in their thinking.

Admittedly, some folks tend to take that opportunity to say outlandish things, which I then get sucked into debating, but hey, it makes things interesting.

You haven't had many a discussion with TG yet, have you? :lol:

:death::death:

Really?

You truly envision no scenario now that minimizes the Bills selecting a QB in next year's draft?

Seriously?

Envision means conjure up in your own mind. That isn't reality. And who's to say the Bills don't draft a QB as a backup? Gotta see who is available with the #32 pick. :D

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Now saint...to be fair

TT is getting so grossly underpaid (until today) that i was straight ridiculous

I dont think PTR is gonna complain now

i was mostly joking. im not going to seriously debate the merits of how underpaid he would have to be for PTR to be miserable. lets just hope he plays THAT well.

And you and everyone else would be insisting that just because it's filet mignon it must be Kobe beef.

Absolutely classic statement in a response to me demonstrating the sheer lack of wit by the person attempting to wittingly slam me;

Comparing a cut of beef to a type of cattle.

Cool story.

You'll be banned soon enough

I like this board, you can state your opinion and have some decent back and forth with the folks. I would think you would appreciate that part of it! On other boards if you say anything but happy words you will be banished and it leads to very little productive conversation.

If the deal is structured as being reported it does not restrict the Bills from drafting a QB. Again, if this contract is written as reported and with the RWS for incoming rookies there is no reason to pass on a superior talent if one does indeed fall to us.

On this board I don't think that the average poster is even capable of being able to distinguish from facts vice opinions. Really.

I can't tell you the number of times,, even recently, where people have posted things factually, that are not facts at all and which if they'd bothered to look them up prior to posting, perhaps at the expense of 30, 60, or 90 seconds, then they wouldn't have come across that way. Then they'll argue some tangential argument that has little bearing on the initial argument in a vain attempt to salvage some semblance of intelligence and credibility.

For example, Whaley's on video record owning the Manuel pick, he even states that EJ has the "IT factor," Yet, numerous people here still insist that it was Nix's pick. Let's keep in mind that for that draft Nix had already been informed that he was going to be replaced at some point in the near future with Whaley. And people are dense enough to think that a team would let an essentially ex-GM conduct a draft for a team that he would not be the GM of after it.

There are numerous other examples too such as someone recently posting as fact that Roman's offenses in SF were all top-10, 4th ranked in fact in three years. It only takes a few clicks to refute that, or conversely verify it. I guess that's way too much work for some. Much easier simply to say what's on your mind with impunity and conviction as if they're factual despite any basis for them or not as if we're on the Oprah Show.

On this board I don't think that the average poster is even capable of being able to distinguish from facts vice opinions. Really.

Perhaps you should question yourself why you keep logging on every day. Really.

Envision means conjure up in your own mind. That isn't reality. And who's to say the Bills don't draft a QB as a backup? Gotta see who is available with the #32 pick. :D

LOL

Yeah, that's what we need, a backup QB in round 4 or 5.