Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

I hear ya, but very respectfully, that's nonsense. On a normal team, yes, likely, but not here.

Whaley's fully on record as owning the Manuel draft pick and there hasn't been one consequence. Trading away an additional 1st-rounder and 4th too for Watkins despite Watkins' inability to stay healthy has also had no consequence. So far he still have plenty of defenders and apologists after this year's draft debacle with Lawson.

The guy has more lives than Morris the Cat.

This team under Wilson and no less under Pegula is more concerned about hiring people that it likes for the top spots in the administration than it is about hiring effective or competent people. I don't see that changing under Pegula, if anything it seems to have gotten worse.

When do you become a ghost again.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed.

That's exactly the type of extension that I was okay with--anything else would've bothered me.

What was wrong with the Manuel pick? Still haven't heard your reasoning for that one.

And that last sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

That's the literal opposite of what's being reported.

Bold 1: Nothing. Especially at the time.

Bold 2: That can't come as a surprise.

Bold 3: Nuance can be a challenge.

GO BILLS!!!

That's the literal opposite of what's being reported.

Don't be retarded.

So what you're saying then is that if Taylor regresses this season, let's say he pulls an RGIII, that this team would draft a QB in next year's draft?

Please say no, that's not what you're saying and prevent yourself from coming across that way.

We'll see, I trust nothing from the rumor mill involving OBD, that crap's been wrong far more than it's ever been right.

Let's see, but for a team low on quality WRs that couldn't afford a decent WR for a million or two tops, to think that they just got Taylor to sign for a significantly low commitment would render Taylor a fool.

Taylor hasn't earned a franchise QB contract, but he's worth more than getting nothing significant guaranteed and a contract in which the team can cut him w/o consequence after this or even next season.

We'll see, but I'll bet your wrong on this as you usually are.

LOL

Alright wise guy!

I'm serious--at the time, they had nothing in the cupboard. They took the QB with the most upside.

Just because he turned out to be a bust doesn't mean it was an ill-advised pick.

That entire draft class was well below average; I have no problem with the EJ pick.

The Kouandjio pick, on the other hand...

Bold 1: Nothing. Especially at the time.

Bold 2: That can't come as a surprise.

Bold 3: Nuance can be a challenge.

GO BILLS!!!

Uhh, OK.

Remind me never to respond to you again. In fact, there must be a bozo filter here somewhere, you've prompted me to look for it.

Don't be retarded.

So what you're saying then is that if Taylor regresses this season, let's say he pulls an RGIII, that this team would draft a QB in next year's draft?

Please say no, that's not what you're saying and prevent yourself from coming across that way.

We'll see, I trust nothing from the rumor mill involving OBD, that crap's been wrong far more than it's ever been right.

Let's see, but for a team low on quality WRs that couldn't afford a decent WR for a million or two tops, to think that they just got Taylor to sign for a significantly low commitment would render Taylor a fool.

Taylor hasn't earned a franchise QB contract, but he's worth more than getting nothing significant guaranteed and a contract in which the team can cut him w/o consequence after this or even next season.

We'll see, but I'll bet your wrong on this as you usually are.

You have me convinced that you are purposely being obtuse.

Congratulations.

Ryan L Billz and Fire Chan mostly. The other usual suspects piled on too.

You wanted a deal signed because you, without any evidence, thought TT hated the Bills and would refuse to sign after this season if we didn't pay him $20M per year. Even after today, it remains a stupid take.

You have me convinced that you are purposely being obtuse.

Congratulations.

He's looking that up right now. Perhaps the board's biggest troll in history. Why indulge him?

GO BILLS!!!

You were not wholly mocked. A lot of discussion took place, and many folks said that a bridge deal would be fine, but that going all-in wouldn't be prudent at this time.

It appears that the Bills got the best of both worlds: they have the financials of a bridge deal in place, and the structure of a team-option-based long-term deal in place.

I was arguing for a bridge deal. Having a guy go into the season as the starter making $2MM was an insult no matter if he signed the deal or not. This deal just builds goodwill.