Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

Kudos to Doug Whaley for managing to work something out that is truly mutually beneficial.

Whaley, in my opinion, continues to make well-thought out, smart decisions.

I think Tyrod has shown he's dedicated to making necessary improvements. I hope the structure of this deal, and the amount of money he is capable of EARNING, make him realize that he not only has to be good - but he has to be smart.

He can't earn that money if he's wearing civvies on the sidelines.

I feel more confident about Tyrod Taylor right now than I ever have.

Go Bills!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food for thought as far as 'winnners' and 'losers': Tyrod has a tremendous amount of respect for #12 in Boston, who has always had pretty team friendly numbers. He also witnessed firsthand what Mr. Flacco's contract did to the Ravens roster. Tyrod clearly wants to make enough to protect his future, especially considering the average NFL career, but he wants to keep his supporting cast because he knows that's best for everyone. He doesn't care about being the highest paid QB, he wants to be the highest performing QB.

I am not buying this at face value....none of us know what TT wants. Forget what he says to the public. This was a great deal for TT considering his leverage was small,and the Bills still had the Tag available. This was not a deal he did to make it team friendly, it was a deal that was a great deal for him to sign.

And Brady takes less cause his is the secondary income in the family...easy to do when your spouse makes $50m a year.

Edited by plenzmd1

That's a good take on it. However he also locked himself into 9 mil, substantially more money than his previous comtract. I'm sure he wasn't upset about that either.

Of course not. But, it can be argued he left money on the table. Bottom line, it doesn't look like either side got greedy here, and that can only mean good things for upcoming roster moves.

I am not buying this at face value....none of us know what TT wants. Forget what he says to the public. This was a great deal for TT considering his leverage was small,and the Bills still had the Tag available. This was not a deal he did to make it team friendly, it was a deal that was a great deal for him to sign.

And Brady takes less cause his is the secondary income in the family...easy to do when your spouse makes $50m a year.

Brady gets money funneled illegally from his sports supplements business.

Of course not. But, it can be argued he left money on the table. Bottom line, it doesn't look like either side got greedy here, and that can only mean good things for upcoming roster moves.

How did he leave money on the table? I want someone to explain that to me.

Play out the scenarios with the tag in Mind.

He comes out ahead in this deal in every conceivable way...

This is like Ralph voting against the CBA and everyone saying he was an idiot..until he wasn't.

Everyone saying TT was dumb to sign this in a weeks time will realize it was a great deal for him.

yea but with a tag it's a 20 mil cap hit next year. now it's 15 mil. and we can walk after this season.

Bucky Brooks on why Tyrod Taylor is a franchise QB and the Bills were wise to lock him up

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000684189/article/john-elways-contrarian-plan-tyrod-taylors-franchise-status

I agree with his opinion on paying 1/8 of cap for a non-elite QB. Even if you have an elite QB and he gets injured or suspended it screws the team.

Disagree about "a Pro Bowl campaign" regarding TT - it is more equivalent to replacement players.

How did he leave money on the table? I want someone to explain that to me.

Play out the scenarios with the tag in Mind.

He comes out ahead in this deal in every conceivable way...

This is like Ralph voting against the CBA and everyone saying he was an idiot..until he wasn't.

Everyone saying TT was dumb to sign this in a weeks time will realize it was a great deal for him.

The last thing I'm saying is that Tyrod was dumb to sign this. I'm just saying it seems didn't negotiate hard for every last cent, either because he didn't have the leverage, or believed in a team-friendly approach, some combination of the two, or other factors the public is not aware of.

The last thing I'm saying is that Tyrod was dumb to sign this. I'm just saying it seems didn't negotiate hard for every last cent, either because he didn't have the leverage, or believed in a team-friendly approach, some combination of the two, or other factors the public is not aware of.

Jimmy did not mean you in specific...just the general takes out there. Been hearing this a lot

If you don't have the leverage you cannot negotiate for that last cent. Tyrod probably had serious concerns that he'd be seriously injured and not see any additional money from this year or if he had a Pro Bowl season where is not a substitute of a substitute of a substitute Bills would tag him and the choice is between a hold out or taking the risk of getting hurt as a tagged player like Cousins.

It is illegal when the team owner is using that business to funnel money outside the salary cap.

Unethical (which is everything regarding most in New England) but not illegal otherwise there would be another clarification letter.

If you don't have the leverage you cannot negotiate for that last cent. Tyrod probably had serious concerns that he'd be seriously injured and not see any additional money from this year or if he had a Pro Bowl season where is not a substitute of a substitute of a substitute Bills would tag him and the choice is between a hold out or taking the risk of getting hurt as a tagged player like Cousins.

Exactly! Keep hearing the phrase " Tyrod is betting on himself". He is not...he took the best deal available to him

If he was betting on himself, he does not sign this.

Edited by plenzmd1

Jimmy did not mean you in specific...just the general takes out there. Been hearing this a lot

If he plays like an established starter the whole 6 years he may have left 30-40m on the table to get 7m today

I think it's fair for some to point that out. I think a lot of people are so quick to boil it down to a one-line take on the deal that you have to pull a lot of opinions to get a full discussion. Just my take on the hot takes the first 12 hours