Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

Had a winning record and beat a team that made the post season and kept a division rival with a winning record OUT of the post season

Sure... At face value, what your'e saying sounds legit.

Then you remember that the team we kept out of the postseason was a team our HC coached the year before... And their starting QB was one of our more infamous, and ploariziing cast-offs.... The other team you mention sits atop what is arguably the WORST division in pro football.... Even so, they don't even SNIFF the playoffs if the Colts have any semblance of an act together...

Your statement, while true, was vacuum-packed and prepped for sale... I, for one, am not buying.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a guy who didn't get all the snaps in camp goes 8-6 and finishes top 10 in several positive categories and makes the Pro Bowl as an alternate as a first-time starter leaves you underwhelmed? What exactly would "whelm" you?

It amazes me that you continue to sincerely try to inform people who have proven to have Knowledge Resistance Syndrome. I mean the kind of "fan" still blaming Whaley for trading UP to get EJ, for bringing in only about a hundred QB flops for backup tryouts instead of two hundred, and for being such a mook he thinks TT is qualified to be a starting NFL QB. Oh, and don't forget Brandon for letting Cookie Gilchrist get away.

Dalton was having an elite type season before injury and has made the playoffs every year of his career. He is severely underrated because he is a ginger. :)

He's a whopping 0-5 in those playoff games with point totals of 10, 13, 10, 10, & 16 and owns the distinction of being the starting QB of the first team in NFL history to lose five consecutive playoff games in the first round. His mediocrity has nothing to do with him being "a ginger". :rolleyes:

Maybe the best day for Bills and fans in a decade.

Besides Pegula's buying the team of course

I about jumped out of my seat when I saw the announcement crawl across the bottom of the screen. I've been worrying that the FO was reverting to Ol' Ralph mode and about to be penny wise and pound foolish. Tyrod checks all the boxes for an upper echelon NFL QB save one: size, and here I mean bulk more than height. It's a concern.

He's a whopping 0-5 in those playoff games with point totals of 10, 13, 10, 10, & 16 and owns the distinction of being the starting QB of the first team in NFL history to lose five consecutive playoff games in the first round. His mediocrity has nothing to do with him being "a ginger". :rolleyes:

To win a Super Bowl, you have to make the playoffs first. As a Bills fan, I'd take losing in the playoffs for 4 years with Taylor. And last year, he had 25 tds and 7 ints and the Benvals might have had a good shot at going to SB. But he got hurt.

If Taylor ends up being like Dalton, I'd be very happy. And if the Bengals ever win a SB, people won't remember those first 4 years in the playoffs.

I about jumped out of my seat when I saw the announcement crawl across the bottom of the screen. I've been worrying that the FO was reverting to Ol' Ralph mode and about to be penny wise and pound foolish. Tyrod checks all the boxes for an upper echelon NFL QB save one: size, and here I mean bulk more than height. It's a concern.

When i first heard the total number of 90 mil at work. I was very wtf are they thinking. Once i read the details here, i think it's a fantastic move !!

He may not be the answer.

But heck , let's root for the Kid shall we ?

It amazes me that you continue to sincerely try to inform people who have proven to have Knowledge Resistance Syndrome. I mean the kind of "fan" still blaming Whaley for trading UP to get EJ, for bringing in only about a hundred QB flops for backup tryouts instead of two hundred, and for being such a mook he thinks TT is qualified to be a starting NFL QB. Oh, and don't forget Brandon for letting Cookie Gilchrist get away.

:lol: awesome :thumbsup:

When i first heard the total number of 90 mil at work. I was very wtf are they thinking. Once i read the details here, i think it's a fantastic move !!

He may not be the answer.

But heck , let's root for the Kid shall we ?

:lol: awesome :thumbsup:

It's so stupid the way they report NFL contracts. They could sign Tyrod signed a 20 year, $20 billion contract. It's so misleading.

This was the PERFECT year to test drive before buying.... In '16 TT will face the kind of defenses that will test his viability as a starter.. AZ, LA, SEA, CIN... Personally, I would've waited.

And that is exactly what they are doing....so not sure what your qualm is?

Do you not see guys renegotiate all the time in the last year of their contract? And he is still, by far, the lowest paid starter in the league that's not on their rookie deal. And he is on a one year deal

Bitching about this is just having blinders on and wanting to B word...there is no downside to this deal...none!

Edited by plenzmd1

To win a Super Bowl, you have to make the playoffs first. As a Bills fan, I'd take losing in the playoffs for 4 years with Taylor. And last year, he had 25 tds and 7 ints and the Benvals might have had a good shot at going to SB. But he got hurt.

If Taylor ends up being like Dalton, I'd be very happy. And if the Bengals ever win a SB, people won't remember those first 4 years in the playoffs.

There is no argument that you need to get to the playoffs to make the SB. That's a given. But this isn't about the playoffs, it's about your assertion that Dalton is somehow "severely underrated". He's no such thing. He's a middle-of-the-pack QB at best. No more, no less. He turtles when it matters most and hasn't come close to taking his team to the SB.

It's so stupid the way they report NFL contracts. They could sign Tyrod signed a 20 year, $20 billion contract. It's so misleading.

especially for less intelligent folks like me!!

Thats why i come here

for the FACTS

There is no argument that you need to get to the playoffs to make the SB. That's a given. But this isn't about the playoffs, it's about your assertion that Dalton is somehow "severely underrated". He's no such thing. He's a middle-of-the-pack QB at best. No more, no less. He turtles when it matters most and hasn't come close to taking his team to the SB.

Again, he was having the best season of his career and got hurt. He was the 2nd highest qb in the entire NFL behind Russell Wilson. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

The Bengals might have been the favorites to go to the SB before he got hurt. He was borderline great last year and had a very unfortunate injury. But keep dwelling on the previous 4 years.

I thought he progressed last year before his injury. Just about to overcome that dark cloud over his head called "turtled"

edit. ya beat me again C Biscuit ^

Edited by 3rdand12

How can it bite someone? You do understand the structure right? They have a team option.

1. I never said it would.

2. The structure as I understand it, has Tyrod making 9.5 mil for the rest of this season. (fair money, IMO) It also leaves the Bills the option to pick up the contract, (or not) in 2017, for 27.5 mil that season.... All well and good if Tyrod goes at least 11-5.... What concerns me, (among other things,) is what they'll see after another 8-win season where TT leads the league in half a dozen ambiguous passing stats.

Wasting YEARS behind another stop-gap QB has been our pattern... Our cap situation loosens up in 2017, why not wait 'til then?

Edited by #34fan

1. I never said it would.

2. The structure as I understand it, has Tyrod making 9.5 mil for the rest of this season. (fair money, IMO) It also leaves the Bills the option to pick up the contract, (or not) in 2017, for 27.5 mil that season.... All well and good if Tyrod goes at least 11-5.... What concerns me, (among other things,) is what they'll see after another 8-win season where TT leads the league in half a dozen ambiguous passing stats.

Wasting YEARS behind another stop-gap QB has been our pattern... Our cap situation loosens up in 2017, why not wait 'til then?

Cardale

Dalton was cash money last year. I'm not sure he's middle of the pack anymore

Sure... At face value, what your'e saying sounds legit.

Then you remember that the team we kept out of the postseason was a team our HC coached the year before... And their starting QB was one of our more infamous, and ploariziing cast-offs.... The other team you mention sits atop what is arguably the WORST division in pro football.... Even so, they don't even SNIFF the playoffs if the Colts have any semblance of an act together...

Your statement, while true, was vacuum-packed and prepped for sale... I, for one, am not buying.

And yours is filled with excuses 34

Rex was the HC of the jets before? So What....they had a winning record, beat the pats this last year, and were one game away from post season.....they have one of the best defenses in the league......Brandon Marshall.....yada yada yada......and the Tyrod led bills beat them TWICE

So what if the Texans are in a bad division.....they still in fact made the playoffs and we beat them

Come on man

One of the first things a team needs to do is start winning their own division......we were 4-2 in our division......and our team had a winning record when Tyrod Taylor was the QB of the team.