Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12-1: GMTM ON WGR (23:07)

Tim Murray joins Schopp and the Bulldog now live from @716FoodandSport on WGR!

GMTM- "They are a unique team, they create all their offense through transition, not a lot of offense from the offensive zone."

GMTM- "Do I want a fast team? Yes. Would I give up Sam Reinhart to get faster? No."

GMTM- "Depending on what you call fast you might not have O'Reilly on your team, Okposo on your team, and I like those players."

GMTM- "I saw Jack Eichel in Ottawa. The way he played his timing was there. He was a superstar early and good the rest of the way."

GMTM- "I thought he lifted his teammates. They were more confident. There's still intangibles in hockey boys."

GMTM- "He looks like he's within striking distance of 100%. He's going to be going through a routine everyday."

GMTM- "What is rest and recovery? Is that not going on the ice for a half hour on a day off?"

GMTM- "Carrier's got tons of speed, he's got tons of try, in practice he has tons of skill. Does it translate to the game? Not always."

GMTM- "90% of the time when you see a guy up here it's because he is the best guy at the time. We're trying to do it based on merit."

GMTM- "I had no power today and I had time to read a lot of tweets. And some of them were pretty good, and some of them were really crazy."

GMTM- "I like ties. Those points players actually appreciated. The fans don't and that's okay. We're in the entertainment business."

GMTM- "3 on 3 is exciting. I think the fans like it. I think the fans love it, and that's a good thing."

GMTM- "Kulikov has improved quite a lot. He's been on the ice for about a week."

GMTM- "Bogosian is right on pace for where he should be."

Their speed advantage was pretty obvious after that 1st period. We wore that speed down though as the game went on.

You got that right. I thought Bylsma made a some good adjustments with the gaps and the Rangers couldn't get untracked as well as they did in the first. We were tenacious on the puck, too. Saw a stat on the postgame that we attempted 71 shots to their 48. We flat out dominated a great team tonight. Hope we can build on it.

I bought a plush Jack Eichel for my niece and it was delivered here today. Now I kind of want to keep it. She'll never know.

Anyway, it never ceases to amaze me how the truly great players wind up scoring so many goals like that game winner. If you just see the highlight, it looks like pure luck. But there is so much that leads you to that very moment.

Now Larsson, that one was pure luck.

He is soooooooooooo much the best player on the team it is incredible. And he will get better. On top of that you can see him talking on the ice, on the bench, everywhere. It won't be long before he is the captain, despite his age.

Imagine how good he'll be when he finally can buy a legal drink.

Dude makes no difference.

You're right. He makes a ton of difference. It is just frustrating that he makes the difference between bottom-of-the-conference to having a shot at #8 seed. Imagine if he came back and provided a spark to an otherwise competent team. The depth is lacking and even when nearly whole, they need an upgrade at 4 forward positions and 2 defense.

Last night they showed that their forward lines can keep pressure on a pretty soft Rangers, no touch, defense. If they can all stay on the ice together for an extended stretch of games then they can do good things. It looks like the top two lines are going to need some time to adjust to each other. The most effective line continues to be Larsson's line because Bylsma's keeps them together every game.

Getting Bogosian and Kulikov back might keep me from holding my breath every time the opposing team crosses the blue line.

You're right. He makes a ton of difference. It is just frustrating that he makes the difference between bottom-of-the-conference to having a shot at #8 seed. Imagine if he came back and provided a spark to an otherwise competent team. The depth is lacking and even when nearly whole, they need an upgrade at 4 forward positions and 2 defense.

Last night they showed that their forward lines can keep pressure on a pretty soft Rangers, no touch, defense. If they can all stay on the ice together for an extended stretch of games then they can do good things. It looks like the top two lines are going to need some time to adjust to each other. The most effective line continues to be Larsson's line because Bylsma's keeps them together every game.

Getting Bogosian and Kulikov back might keep me from holding my breath every time the opposing team crosses the blue line.

You're not going to have great depth in year 2-3 of a rebuild. But when this team is healthy, they'll have some solid lines. They definitely can use an upgrade at forward, most teams could, but I think the D is where GMTM will need to concentrate on moving forward. They also need some of their youngsters to step up, Baily, Baptiste, Fasching, just someone to come up and play consistent. Maybe even Nylander can step in later in the year.

The Rangers are one of the fastest teams in the NHL, they can fly! They have 91 goals, the next closest in the league is 80. I really didn't think they would be that good this year, but the team speed is huge factor. Impressive win by the Sabres....

Edited by ricojes

DecisiveIncompatibleFluke.gif

:D

@BuffNewsVogl

Eichel makes impression on Sabres' offseason additions: "I didn’t realize what kind of a difference-maker he was."

https://t.co/RMiQwKmrwt

@Matt_Bove

#Sabres have 9 goals in 2 games. Before Eichel's return it took them 6 games to score 9 goals. Man, he's good @WKBW

https://t.co/HhEb1MoW2r

proxy.jpg?t=HBhpaHR0cDovL21lZGlhMi53a2J3

@Sportsnet

Five things we learned in the NHL: The kids can snipe. http://sprtsnt.ca/2h2cmZo

CyrXQs6UAAADIQ-.jpg

The Jagr note in there really makes you wonder where his numbers would be if he hadn't left the NHL for three years. He'd be the all time games played leader now, and that's without even factoring in three lockouts and a strike. He needs to come back next year and break Gordie's record (yes, Gordie's got those games in the WHA that aren't counted).

Edited by shrader

Okposo is no slouch either. His skill is so evident out there. I think as time passes and they get used to having everyone out there, he will be the most likely to explode.

@Matt_Bove

Non Eichel tweet: Okposo now has 16 points in 22 games. He's on pace for 60 points and 25 goals. Yeah, that'll do #Sabres

Hey, 26. Last night was Moulson's best game of the year; he was a 5 on 5 force for much of the evening. If that continues, I'm gonna have to rethink my opinion of him.

He can be effective with the Sabres at full health. It's the trickle down effect of having Eichel in the lineup that so beneficial to Moulson and the other guys on the team when they assume their correct roles.

@TBNSports

Bounce-back game for the third line, plus more in @amymoritz's #Sabres Notebook following win over #NYRangers: http://bit.ly/2fTc4Pr

CyrxN_8W8AAYeYY.jpg

The Sabres are 4 points behind the Bruins with a game in hand. Beating them in regulation on Saturday would be most welcome.

@NHLBruins

Patrice Bergeron is not on the ice this morning.

You're not going to have great depth in year 2-3 of a rebuild. But when this team is healthy, they'll have some solid lines. They definitely can use an upgrade at forward, most teams could, but I think the D is where GMTM will need to concentrate on moving forward. They also need some of their youngsters to step up, Baily, Baptiste, Fasching, just someone to come up and play consistent. Maybe even Nylander can step in later in the year.

The Rangers are one of the fastest teams in the NHL, they can fly! They have 91 goals, the next closest in the league is 80. I really didn't think they would be that good this year, but the team speed is huge factor. Impressive win by the Sabres....

Because of the fast pace style of play of the Rangers it was a fun game to watch. As you and others have stated this Gotham team is fast and plays a north/south brand of game. The pace of the game, mostly forced by the Rangers, never ceased. To the Sabres credit they kept up and at times put on sustained pressure on their end.

Now that Eichel is back I'm hoping that the two top lines will solidify and get better the more they play together. I still believe and see evidence of it that Kane is playing better and is trying to adjust his game to fit in with his linemates. His effort on the failed breakaway where he then continued to dig and regain the puck resulted in an Eichel score was encouraging.

It is really remarkable how one dynamic player can elevate a team.

I thought that McCabe played a superb game. He continues to add to his game and is becoming much more assertive on offense. On one sequence where we scored he was the player who dominated the possession.