Bills related Time Travel - What would you change?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an OTW topic /dev/null mentioned that if he could time travel he might go back and kneecap Tom Brady at the combine. I thought it would make for a fun topic: So what say you, Bills fans, you have one trip only to take in a time machine and you must go back and alter an event that was connected to your beloved Bills. What time frame are you going to and what event are you altering?

Here's one to start it off: I'm going back to the day before the 2004 draft and I'm convincing Tom Donahoe that he can't sit pat at the 13th spot and that he needs to swing a trade with Houston at number 10 to draft the person that he is hoping falls to him at 13, QB Ben Roethlisberger.

Your turn to take the Bills time machine for a spin.

Norwood makes the kick.

After that we draft Aaron Rodgers instead of trading the pick for JP.

Also curious as how Chan would have down with Wade Philips as his DC instead of Wanny.

Like, getting rid of him sooner?

No way, Fred was the man!

For as deranged as this post is, it's spot on for this old timer who's earliest Bills memory was the sheer joy of my Dad and other neighbor guys swilling Schlitz beer and praising the Bills for stealing Jackie Kemp from Sid Gilman -who tried to pull him back from IR by passing waivers in the dead of the night, mid season '63.

Yes, it is Ralph who needs to be changed before it ever began. Without him, Saban, Knox, Polian & Butler stay, while Harvey Johnson, Stew Barber (after playing), John Rauch, Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough & Tom Donahue never see a gray sky in WNY. This wouldn't guarantee success, but it'd be completely different.

I'd also go back to that one play when Sestak got his knee caved in. He'd be in the HOF now and we wouldn't have crashed so hard in '68.

But that's me. I already exist in the past..

Lets hope Pegs is what this franchise really needed. I believe he is, I just wished he cleaned house when he took over instead of doing it two yrs from now.

Being smart and drafting Orakpo over Maybin.

Clay Matthews

How would one change wide right? Tell Norwood to kick a little to the left? Wide left may have a whole new meaning if we did that! :lol:

For some reason I have been stuck on Roethlisberger. I'd say making that trade happen to move ahead of the Steelers would've been nice.

Or not trading our 2005 1st round pick in 2004 to get Losman. Stick with Lee Evans in 2004. In 2005 with the 20th pick the Buffalo Bills select Aaron Rodgers.

Maybe either qb doesn't work out the same way, but I'm game for going back in time and making it happen! Has to be better than Losman/Holcomb/Edwards/Fitzpatrick/Manuel/Lewis/Tuel/Orton right?

You forgot Taylor on your list

Norwood makes the kick.

After that we draft Aaron Rodgers instead of trading the pick for JP.

Also curious as how Chan would have down with Wade Philips as his DC instead of Wanny.

No way, Fred was the man!

Lets hope Pegs is what this franchise really needed. I believe he is, I just wished he cleaned house when he took over instead of doing it two yrs from now.

Clay Matthews

Definitely. But since we picked him RIGHT BEFORE Orakpo. It stung more.

Also I know everyone is a Dareus lover but I was a JJ Watt fan. Imagine that. And there would be no need to give Mario 96 mil for a contract. And we would have an animal a true animal at every conceivable dl position

Also I know everyone is a Dareus lover but I was a JJ Watt fan. Imagine that. And there would be no need to give Mario 96 mil for a contract. And we would have an animal a true animal at every conceivable dl position

Did I? :oops: Time will tell. :w00t:

Just to be different...

January 8, 2000. Leave Bruce Dehaven a note: "Remind the kick coverage to stay in their lanes. This will be critically important at the end of the 4th quarter."

Nice one! Who knows what that would have changed for the future. Tough road ahead playing the 13-3 Colts and then the 14-2 Jaguars I think.....

Would love Watt on this team

Wide right. Is there any other answer?

We'd all love to change Wide Right, but how do you do that with a time machine?

Only way, in my mind, would be to get to Jimbo before the game and convince him that Bellicheat is going to load his defense with DBs and that he should give Thurmon the ball on every play. Bills win going away and Norwood never has that one miss haunting him forever.

Wasn't Mario with Watt in Houston?

RE the OP's scenario, I would not take Brady out at the combine, I would let the Patsame draft him... have him replace Bledsoe and win with him, have the Pats think they don't need Bledsoe, and then AFTER we trade for Bledsoe, THEN take out Brady. And I don't mean just a knee, he blew out a knee in 2008 and came back fine, and he's not mobile anyways, so he doesn't even need knees, but maybe mail him some of JPP's foreworks...?

Playing Flutie instead of Johnson against Tennesse. Flutie, just by the shear dynamic of his personality & drive, would have had

the Bills way further ahead at the end of the game than mope-along Johnson. Therefore, no "Miracle". We advance to the Superbowl

and with the Bills D at the time, Bills get their first SBW.