Bills related Time Travel - What would you change?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flutie over Johnson, all day everyday.

Not trading for Rob Johnson

Bottoming out in 97 and drafting Manning

Game planning for Willie Parker

Not hiring Jauron or Galiey

Keeping Jerry Bulter and AJ Smith

Not switching to those gross 2000 jerseys

Pretty much every draft class from 2000 til 2014

The 2004 draft, but a different direction from Roethlisberger, use my 1st round pick on Vince Wilfork / 2nd on Bob Sanders / 3rd on Matt Schaub / 4th on Jared Allen then told Donahue he had to get Aaron Rodgers and Justin Tuck in 2015.

We would then be able to swap Schaub for the haul the Falcons got 3 years later (Schaub + #10 overall for #8 overall + 2 2nds) while having a guy to allow Rodgers to develop like he did and our defensive line would be loaded with Wilfork (never a Pat) / Allen / Tuck / Schobel and Chris Kelsay never gets paid/ never has to play a large role.

We put a muzzle (or isolate him in a sound proof room) on Chuck Dickerson before the super bowl with the Skins.

Things he said to the press about the Skins was such a motivator for them that they came to the game with a huge

attitude. That being said, I recall that even with all that, the Bills were still in that game halfway through the

3rd quarter. Still plenty of time to work their way back into the game. Besides, we had a big edge at QB.

I forgot who theirs was, (Jay Schrader?) but he was no Jim Kelly. Go Bills in 2016

I would go back to the locker room at SB XXV and tell the damn team to just feed it to Thurman and forget the rest.

Oh yeah, and remind the defense to tackle.

Yes Rubes. They didn't have an answer for Thurman. And we could have given him a breather by occasionally using Kenny Davis,

who I feel hasn't got his just due. Moreover, as they might try to sneak more guys in the box, burn them with a long one to Lofton

or Reed.

Chandler#81, good to see someone post something about the old AFL Bills. They should never be left out of discussions.

I remember my step grandfather, my older brother & me talking about how the Bills stoled Kemp from the Chargers out in our driveway

before a Bills game on our black and white TV.

I was in middle school (they called it Junior High back then) in small town Niagara County and all those Bills were my hero.

I guess if I would change something back then, it would be that our D would do a better job of defensing against the Chiefs

and winning that Championship game to be able to play against the Packers in SB I.

Anyway, thanks for bringing "the old guys" into the discussion.

Wide right. Is there any other answer?

What's interesting to me is to think what would've been different if they won that first one.

I don't believe they would've gone to 4 straight. I'm not sure Marv would've been able to keep all of the egos in check and keep them focused had it not been for the mission to get back and try to finally win one. That mission would've been gone with a win in Superbowl 25.

October 30, 2011

I can still see the ball in the air and remember thinking its right on target. As it drilled Thigpen squarely in the head, I would go back, get my composure, and deliver something more clever like "BACK and to the LEFT!" or "get down, Mrs. Kennedy!" instead of spilling my beer and yelling an unintelligible mash up of "holycrapsswipe!". It haunts me to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuxaffH1PQw

I am sure that they already were mentioned, but the two biggest ones in my mind (there are others obviously):

1) We never should have fired Bill Polian;

2) We never should have fired Wade Philips.

I would go back to the locker room at SB XXV and tell the damn team to just feed it to Thurman and forget the rest.

Oh yeah, and remind the defense to tackle.

Exactly this. Thurman would have had 400 yards on the ground that day,

Chandler#81, good to see someone post something about the old AFL Bills. They should never be left out of discussions.

I remember my step grandfather, my older brother & me talking about how the Bills stoled Kemp from the Chargers out in our driveway

before a Bills game on our black and white TV.

I was in middle school (they called it Junior High back then) in small town Niagara County and all those Bills were my hero.

I guess if I would change something back then, it would be that our D would do a better job of defensing against the Chiefs

and winning that Championship game to be able to play against the Packers in SB I.

Anyway, thanks for bringing "the old guys" into the discussion.

Somebody's gotta keep these millennials in line.

NFLR ran a long part of their programming on the Browns recently. For all of our woe, those poor bastards have it worse. A couple of their old timers chimed in, waxing poetic on the great Jim Brown and how they'll always have '64. Couldn't help thinking our '64 team would have smoked them! There was just no way he would shred that defense and we'd counter with Cookie & Carlton. That was 2 years before SBI, but the Pack roared back in '65 in the NFL and I wouldn't have liked our chances as much against them at their peak.

Still, fun to think about the Championship trophy being named the 'Lou Saban', had the merger talks started a little sooner..

Shlitz. that is time travel for sure. my Dad used to drink it and probably the first beer i ever stole from him !

The last was genny cream. He had figured out i hated it so bad i wouldn't take it even though he hated it too.

so just to prove him wrong i did !

Not sure who won that one ha ha!!

I have nothing to add here

Except i sure get a kick listening to Ye Olde Timers talk shop , really make this sight worthwhile !! :thumbsup:

Ha! My Dad switched to No Name beer by the case when I came of age. No advertising. Just a yellow or white sticker saying BEER

:beer::beer::beer:

Flutie over Johnson, all day everyday.

Not trading for Rob Johnson

Bottoming out in 97 and drafting Manning

Game planning for Willie Parker

Not hiring Jauron or Galiey

Keeping Jerry Bulter and AJ Smith

Not switching to those gross 2000 jerseys

Pretty much every draft class from 2000 til 2014

Yeah, let's turn this in to a Flutie vs Johnson thread. That's a worthwhile discussion.

Friggin' Flutopians...