Dri Archer claimed off waivers

@christrapasso

I expect #Bills to use (or try out) Archer as fulltime kick returner & RB / WR / end around / ghost motion / jet sweep offensive hybrid dude

Dri Archer: 4.26

Ronald Darby: 4.38

Kolby Listenbee: 4.39

Sammy Watkins: 4.43

(Roster long shot, Marquise Goodwin: 4.27)

🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻

@joebuscaglia

#Bills now have the 2nd/3rd fastest 40 times in NFL history after claiming Dri Archer. My full analysis of the move:

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/bills-claim-lightning-quick-rb-dri-archer

I've seen a 4.38 for Gilmore somewhere as well.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just say that I have picked up Archer in Madden and he is absolutely amazing. Best back in football. Just last season he finished with 4,400 yards rushing, 500+ yards receiving, and 58 total touchdowns.

In just 5 seasons he is just 30 Tds shy of the rushing TD record and approx 6,000 yards shy of the all time rushing yardage mark. I'll keep you all posted when he breaks the records. But I think it'll be in 2 seasons.

99 speed

96 acceleration

Just saying

Hahaha funny

Really? His play speed is closer to 4.70...

He's been timed as low as 4.28 and I think that his combine time was 4.38. It certainly doesn't feel like he is playing that fast but maybe it's because of his size? Sometimes it's hard to tell on a bigger guy.

Gilmore is fast. Mckelvin was too. I think graham had better 100m, 200m and splits than Goodwin. Goodwin had a better PR in one race that I can't remember.

I'd bet graham was among the fastest track athlete in the league at the time.

I reached out to a few Steeler fans and they said Archer couldn't beat out a guy to be the 3rd string returner. I think the Bills are ok for wanting to take a look - but I don't think he makes the team.

This.. I was excited at first, but then saw a tweet that his longest return for the steelers was 38 yards. I can't find it now but either way that isn't too promising. My buddy who is also a Pitt fan said he couldn't find holes in the return to save his life. Here's to hoping his vision improves!

Edit: There it is.

KICK RETURN

Year Team G Ret Yds Avg Lng TD 20+ 40+ FC FUM

2015 Pittsburgh Steelers 8 14 354 25.3 38 0 10 0 0 0

2014 Pittsburgh Steelers 12 9 161 17.9 23 0 4 0 0 0

Edited by Clemson Bills Fan

I reached out to a few Steeler fans and they said Archer couldn't beat out a guy to be the 3rd string returner. I think the Bills are ok for wanting to take a look - but I don't think he makes the team.

i don't trust that team's judgment on return guys after they willingly signed terrible, horrible, no-good Jacoby Jones last year, and also chooses to throw the best WR in the league out there on PR.

i don't trust that team's judgment on return guys after they willingly signed terrible, horrible, no-good Jacoby Jones last year, and also chooses to throw the best WR in the league out there on PR.

I just wanted some perspective from the fans that saw him play and/or waited for him to develop into something. That the team puts a great WR in for PR's isn't an indication they were wrong about Archer.

I just wanted some perspective from the fans that saw him play and/or waited for him to develop into something. That the team puts a great WR in for PR's isn't an indication they were wrong about Archer.

it was just a joke. I'm sure they would have played him if he was any good. But seriously, Jones had a total of -4 punt return yards through 8 games for the Chargers when Pittsburgh signed him. Edited by YoloinOhio

They are the same team that offered a big deal and were ready to let Antonio Brown walk. Wallace turned it down so they gave it to Brown. They aren't perfect.

In regards to Archer, he hasn't had success in the NFL and he may not make the roster. He is a dynamic athlete and can fly. Give him a look and of it works out we should be thrilled. If not, it really doesn't matter. There is no risk associated with the pick-up but potentially great rewards. It's like someone handing you a scratch off ticket. The worst case scenario is that you wasted the time scratching it off.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Why were you playing as the Jets?

i meant back when he was on the Bills. Maybin hasn't been in madden in years.

3 years with shawn merriman on the left end begot me 27 25 and 22.5 sacks.... SAVAGE

my buddy uses DT Aaron Donald and in 5 years has broken Bruce Smiths sack record. He's never finished a season with less than 42 sacks.

They are the same team that offered a big deal and we're ready to let Antonio Brown walk. Wallace turned it down so they gave it to Brown. They aren't perfect.

In regards to Archer, he hasn't had success in the NFL and he may not make the roster. He is a dynamic athlete and can fly. Give him a look and of it works out we should be thrilled. If not, it really doesn't matter. There is no risk associated with the pick-up but potentially great rewards. It's like someone handing you a scratch off ticket. The worst case scenario is that you wasted the time scratching it off.

The steelers fan I know well indicated the opposite, Wallace was the nice to have and brown was they guy they weren't going to let go of.

The steelers fan I know well indicated the opposite, Wallace was the nice to have and brown was they guy they weren't going to let go of.

One of my best friends is the GM's nephew and that's not true. The contract could only go to one and if Wallace had signed it Brown would have almost certainly hit FA.

One of my best friends is the GM's nephew and that's not true. The contract could only go to one and if Wallace had signed it Brown would have almost certainly hit FA.

That's the way I heard it as well.

This.. I was excited at first, but then saw a tweet that his longest return for the steelers was 38 yards. I can't find it now but either way that isn't too promising. My buddy who is also a Pitt fan said he couldn't find holes in the return to save his life. Here's to hoping his vision improves!

Edit: There it is.

KICK RETURN

Year Team G Ret Yds Avg Lng TD 20+ 40+ FC FUM

2015 Pittsburgh Steelers 8 14 354 25.3 38 0 10 0 0 0

2014 Pittsburgh Steelers 12 9 161 17.9 23 0 4 0 0 0

I'll echo that assessment. My wife is a Steelers fan so I see a bunch of their games every season. When I saw Archer get the ball and run his speed just jumped off the screen. It really wowed me. But it was amazing how little he did with it. He doesn't look like a football player out there. Just no football skills - and he is an easy tackle, too. He's a tremendous tease because all you can think about is what he could do if he could get the ball in the open field, but it almost never happens. He doesn't take a good angle, he doesn't find a hole, he gets arm tackled at the line, etc. It was actually frustrating for me to watch him play because every time he touches the ball it looks like he could do something amazing, but never does.

I'll echo that assessment. My wife is a Steelers fan so I see a bunch of their games every season. When I saw Archer get the ball and run his speed just jumped off the screen. It really wowed me. But it was amazing how little he did with it. He doesn't look like a football player out there. Just no football skills - and he is an easy tackle, too. He's a tremendous tease because all you can think about is what he could do if he could get the ball in the open field, but it almost never happens. He doesn't take a good angle, he doesn't find a hole, he gets arm tackled at the line, etc. It was actually frustrating for me to watch him play because every time he touches the ball it looks like he could do something amazing, but never does.

So in other words he is just like CJ Spiller.

The people in this forum will probably expect him to be the rushing leader and future HOF inductee.

So in other words he is just like CJ Spiller.

The people in this forum will probably expect him to be the rushing leader and future HOF inductee.

Spiller is 10 times the player Archer is.

Makes you wonder what the Steelers were thinking drafting him in the 3rd round?

Just looking at filling a need and a player's measurables, I'd wager. It's easy to talk yourself into picking someone in that case.

Spiller is 10 times the player Archer is.

Just looking at filling a need and a player's measurables, I'd wager. It's easy to talk yourself into picking someone in that case.

LOL. I think you're giving Spiller too much credit. Maybe twice or 3 times the player he is.

LOL. I think you're giving Spiller too much credit. Maybe twice or 3 times the player he is.

CJ Spiller, 6 seasons:

Rushing: 704 carries for 3,433 yards. 4.9 ypc. 12 TDs.

Receiving: 192 receptions for 1,434 yards. 7.5 ypr. 8 TDs.

Dri Archer, 2 seasons:

Rushing: 10 carries for 40 yards. That's 4.0 ypc. 0 TDs.

Receiving: 7 receptions for 23 yards. 3.3 ypr. 0 TDs.

People like to dump on Spiller here. He wasn't worth the draft slot the Bills picked him at, but he's a decent rotational back - not the bum some people act like he is. I was selling him short saying that he was only 10 times the back Archer is.

Edited by BarleyNY

CJ Spiller, 6 seasons:

Rushing: 704 carries for 3,433 yards. 4.9 ypc. 12 TDs.

Receiving: 192 receptions for 1,434 yards. 7.5 ypr. 8 TDs.

Dri Archer, 2 seasons:

Rushing: 10 carries for 40 yards. That's 4.0 ypc. 0 TDs.

Receiving: 7 receptions for 23 yards. 3.3 ypr. 0 TDs.

People like to dump on Spiller here. He wasn't worth the draft slot the Bills picked him at, but he's a decent rotational back - not the bum some people act like he is. I was selling him short saying that he was only 10 times the back Archer is.

Spiller is a bum and an absute loser of a football player, and you just lost any respect I had for you thinking otherwise. I'm sure you don't give a crap. That's fine too.

Spiller is a bum and an absute loser of a football player, and you just lost any respect I had for you thinking otherwise. I'm sure you don't give a crap. That's fine too.

wow, who pissed in your corn flakes? The guy put some solid fact based opinion out there, and you put out a douchey retort back.

Spiller was a decent #2 back (better in chan's scheme) that was overdrafted by no fault of his own. I think we all agree that the pick could have been better used elsewhere as the Bills have a maddening habit of overdrafting RB's and undervaluing the idea of developing QB's.

That said, Archer is a Spiller-esque type player for the league minimum. That is a good risk to take from Doug, Rex, Russ, and whoever else.

wow, who pissed in your corn flakes? The guy put some solid fact based opinion out there, and you put out a douchey retort back.

Spiller was a decent #2 back (better in chan's scheme) that was overdrafted by no fault of his own. I think we all agree that the pick could have been better used elsewhere as the Bills have a maddening habit of overdrafting RB's and undervaluing the idea of developing QB's.

That said, Archer is a Spiller-esque type player for the league minimum. That is a good risk to take from Doug, Rex, Russ, and whoever else.

👍🏼

I dont think much of anything will come of Archer.

But this reaction seems a bit harsh over Spiller?

mrags should stay

yeah I should

i don't eat corn flakes

I dont think much of anything will come of Archer.

But this reaction seems a bit harsh over Spiller?

besides one less player I have to pick up in free agency in this years madden, I agree that nothing will most likely come of him.

As far as my reaction to Spiller? I was holding back. His father should have finished in the sink.

Funny mrags as I equate speed without vision to Spiller as well.

painful to watch him mostly.

yeah I should

i don't eat corn flakes

besides one less player I have to pick up in free agency in this years madden, I agree that nothing will most likely come of him.

As far as my reaction to Spiller? I was holding back. His father should have finished in the sink.

I had assumed as much , honestly.