Vietnamese fish sauce wings

Poor Eric Striker. Went from beloved to potentially hated in only a couple days - all while never having stepped on the field.

Everyone hates me on this board already anyways so I figured I would add more fuel to the fire...in a fun way. Just fun guys.

Vietnamese fish sauce wings are as good or better than Buffalo wings. For those of you who have had them, please tell the others who have not how awesome they are.

I'm am more of a sweet and savory guy (IN more ways than one) than a hot sauce kind of guy. If you have not had a chance to try good fish sauce wings, please do.

I bet those are really good, actually. Not as good as the originals, but still.

The best ribs I've ever had, and likely ever will, are from our local Japanese joint nearby. Teriyaki ribs, cooked all day. Oh man.

Nhuk mam, that's what that sauce is called. It's like Vietnamese ketchup; it gets splashed on everything. Fish is rotted in the sun, with water constantly being poured over it until there's nothing left except the liquid. Smells disgusting when it's being made but it turns out to be just fine when you eat it. Still, when I want Buffalo-style chicken wings, there's not going to be any fish sauce on them. Frank's and only Frank's. And you best not dunk them in the bleu cheese: that's reserved for the celery.

Wings are wings. What sauce put on them is inconsequential. I prefer buffalo style with Frank's hot sauce and bleu cheese with some celery.

But seriously, Is a hot dog really a sandwich?

Imo

Are you kidding?

Look, I love the classic Franks wings. They are my favorite. But I really like Thai seasonings. I want to try these now.

What I want to see is the skin and corn starch coating on Korean style double fry wings with butter and Franks. But I have lived in the heretic lands too long.

Wings are wings. What sauce put on them is inconsequential. I prefer buffalo style with Frank's hot sauce and bleu cheese with some celery.

Imo

Hot dogs not a sandwich. Gotta eat two of them. Don't need to eat two of most sandwiches.

Nhuk mam, that's what that sauce is called. It's like Vietnamese ketchup; it gets splashed on everything. Fish is rotted in the sun, with water constantly being poured over it until there's nothing left except the liquid. Smells disgusting when it's being made but it turns out to be just fine when you eat it.

I hope you do NOT sell fish sauce wings for a living.

Imo

Wings are wings, beef on weck rocks over all

We call it "stinky feet sauce".

Sounds DELICIOUS!

I had to buy new sneakers today because my wife refused to drive home from Florida to Atlanta with my well used tennis shoes in the car - even in the trunk! Something about those Babolat shoes seemed to imitate stinky fish sauce.

PS - anyone know why I don't seem to have a "bold" feature using an iPad? No emoji options either. By 4,000 posts you'd think I'd have figured this out!

first place I stop every time I am home is Charlie the butcher at Wegmans on McKinley.

Live in South Florida but come up every year for a game. There is not a trip without Charlie the Butchers. Wings are great in Buffalo but not upset if I don't get any. Also, love me a royal at John and Mary's.

And you best not dunk them in the bleu cheese: that's reserved for the celery.

Dunking in blue cheese is just fine (or even great!). Ranch? I'd have to leave the room. Ranch has it's place (like homemade chips. :) ), but it should be kept several feet away from wings - for the good of all mankind.

Beef on Weck has no equal

So far I've found that outside of WNY the imitations are....just that, imitations. The Bills bar near me in ATL is OK, but not like WNY.

Now the Ted's knockoff near me has great dogs.

Buffalo has great food!!! A leading export.

There's a guy here in Salt Lake originally from the Buffalo area, who owns a nice diner in town. He serves beef on weck on Wednesdays at lunchtime. Good sandwich, but it's not quite the same. Says he has the kemmelweck bread imported.

There's a guy here in Salt Lake originally from the Buffalo area, who owns a nice diner in town. He serves beef on weck on Wednesdays at lunchtime. Good sandwich, but it's not quite the same. Says he has the kemmelweck bread imported.

Publix used to have kemmelweck from time to time in Florida. I built my bank Christmas party around it one year. Those folks needed the education! Unfortunately, it came in plastic bags and the salt would "melt" (humidify?) off the buns. Had to act quickly and carefully. A Buffalo guy's restaurant only a mile from my house has it on the menu daily, but the meat isn't consistent with too much grizzle at times and a little thick. (Yeah, I'm picky.) The Teds knockoff joint has beef on wreck, but they use flank steak, so I know that's just not the same. They do the dogs so well I stick to that part of the menu.

So far I've found that outside of WNY the imitations are....just that, imitations. The Bills bar near me in ATL is OK, but not like WNY.

Now the Ted's knockoff near me has great dogs.

Buffalo has great food!!! A leading export.

I still go to Ted's every visit. I think their dogs aren't what they used to be. I will say that living out here on the west coast, folks have no idea about places that use real charcoal. We have a local SF business, Lazzari, that has a variety of good charcoal.

I still go to Ted's every visit. I think their dogs aren't what they used to be. I will say that living out here on the west coast, folks have no idea about places that use real charcoal. We have a local SF business, Lazzari, that has a variety of good charcoal.

The Teds knock off here in Atlanta (Barkers Red Hots, the deserve the plug) has bags of charcoal for sale, that I'm sure no one has ever bought except for bizarro circumstances. The also have Webers mustard, and I'm sure they've moved some of that.

Poor Eric Striker. Went from beloved to potentially hated in only a couple days - all while never having stepped on the field.

Everyone hates me on this board already anyways so I figured I would add more fuel to the fire...in a fun way. Just fun guys.

Vietnamese fish sauce wings are as good or better than Buffalo wings. For those of you who have had them, please tell the others who have not how awesome they are.

I'm am more of a sweet and savory guy (IN more ways than one) than a hot sauce kind of guy. If you have not had a chance to try good fish sauce wings, please do.

Blasphemy!!! (and fish sauce is nasty)

Why is Eric Stryker no longer beloved?

Fish wings? Gross. Garlic parm for the win.

Yeah, I dont get it, what does fish sauce wings have to do with Striker?

I no longer live in Buffalo, moved to jersey in 96, what is beef on weck?

Koreans know their wings.

But I am not sure I could go for fish sauce on my wings; always smells foul.

Yeah, you really need to go light on fish sauce. It's one of those things like Worcestershire sauce and parmesan and anchovy where a little bit mixed in with other stuff really amps up the flavor, but too much makes stuff inedible.

Sounds DELICIOUS!

I had to buy new sneakers today because my wife refused to drive home from Florida to Atlanta with my well used tennis shoes in the car - even in the trunk! Something about those Babolat shoes seemed to imitate stinky fish sauce.

PS - anyone know why I don't seem to have a "bold" feature using an iPad? No emoji options either. By 4,000 posts you'd think I'd have figured this out!

You can roll your own wrt text formatting and emoticons.

You have to bracket the text you want bolded using the letter b encased in square brackets before the text you want bolded. Then you end with a slash b encased in square brackets. The server and html do the rest. [ b ] text text text [ / b ] but remove the spaces.

Same thing with emoticons. Next time you're not on a mobile device, click on "Show All" and you'll see the code to use for whatever smiley you want to use. They get bracketed with colons. : thumbsup :

For the record, have never had Vietnamese fish sauce wings. Is that the same sauce as Chinese "Fish Sauce"?

I don't like Vietnamese fish sauce wings because I don't like fish.

When I make wings at home, I use my own version of a Korean Gochujang sauce.

I made these two Sundays in a row and the Bills won both games. But then we lost the following week despite making the wings again. Still trying to discover the exact correlation between my Sunday eating habits and the Bills W-L record.

BLASPHEMY!!

google it is.......

EDIT AFTER LOOKING IT UP: Roast Beef sandwich with dip? Ive actually had that here in jersey but it was from quiznoes years ago and went by a different name and didnt come on the same super bread, needless to say it tasted like **** quiznoes is not gourmet food. I was just a kid when i was in Buffalo so I wasnt a foody back then, its hard to find the weck out here though im still searchin

Edited by Marty McFly

google it is.......

EDIT AFTER LOOKING IT UP: Roast Beef sandwich with dip? Ive actually had that here in jersey but it was from quiznoes years ago and went by a different name and didnt come on the same super bread, needless to say it tasted like **** quiznoes is not gourmet food.

That was probably a French Dip, not even close to being the same.