Vietnamese fish sauce wings

Poor Eric Striker. Went from beloved to potentially hated in only a couple days - all while never having stepped on the field.

Everyone hates me on this board already anyways so I figured I would add more fuel to the fire...in a fun way. Just fun guys.

Vietnamese fish sauce wings are as good or better than Buffalo wings. For those of you who have had them, please tell the others who have not how awesome they are.

I'm am more of a sweet and savory guy (IN more ways than one) than a hot sauce kind of guy. If you have not had a chance to try good fish sauce wings, please do.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet those are really good, actually. Not as good as the originals, but still.

The best ribs I've ever had, and likely ever will, are from our local Japanese joint nearby. Teriyaki ribs, cooked all day. Oh man.

Nhuk mam, that's what that sauce is called. It's like Vietnamese ketchup; it gets splashed on everything. Fish is rotted in the sun, with water constantly being poured over it until there's nothing left except the liquid. Smells disgusting when it's being made but it turns out to be just fine when you eat it. Still, when I want Buffalo-style chicken wings, there's not going to be any fish sauce on them. Frank's and only Frank's. And you best not dunk them in the bleu cheese: that's reserved for the celery.

Wings are wings. What sauce put on them is inconsequential. I prefer buffalo style with Frank's hot sauce and bleu cheese with some celery.

But seriously, Is a hot dog really a sandwich?

Imo

Are you kidding?

Look, I love the classic Franks wings. They are my favorite. But I really like Thai seasonings. I want to try these now.

What I want to see is the skin and corn starch coating on Korean style double fry wings with butter and Franks. But I have lived in the heretic lands too long.

Wings are wings. What sauce put on them is inconsequential. I prefer buffalo style with Frank's hot sauce and bleu cheese with some celery.

Imo

Hot dogs not a sandwich. Gotta eat two of them. Don't need to eat two of most sandwiches.

Nhuk mam, that's what that sauce is called. It's like Vietnamese ketchup; it gets splashed on everything. Fish is rotted in the sun, with water constantly being poured over it until there's nothing left except the liquid. Smells disgusting when it's being made but it turns out to be just fine when you eat it.

I hope you do NOT sell fish sauce wings for a living.

Imo

Wings are wings, beef on weck rocks over all

We call it "stinky feet sauce".

Sounds DELICIOUS!

I had to buy new sneakers today because my wife refused to drive home from Florida to Atlanta with my well used tennis shoes in the car - even in the trunk! Something about those Babolat shoes seemed to imitate stinky fish sauce.

PS - anyone know why I don't seem to have a "bold" feature using an iPad? No emoji options either. By 4,000 posts you'd think I'd have figured this out!

first place I stop every time I am home is Charlie the butcher at Wegmans on McKinley.

Live in South Florida but come up every year for a game. There is not a trip without Charlie the Butchers. Wings are great in Buffalo but not upset if I don't get any. Also, love me a royal at John and Mary's.

And you best not dunk them in the bleu cheese: that's reserved for the celery.

Dunking in blue cheese is just fine (or even great!). Ranch? I'd have to leave the room. Ranch has it's place (like homemade chips. :) ), but it should be kept several feet away from wings - for the good of all mankind.