If Tyrod leads us to the Playoffs

Bakin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say 10-6, decent stats, no injuries.....

Do you pay him $20M per year??

What are your MINIMUM expectations for him to sign him long term?

It depends on how much he contributes to it. If he is carrying the team, it's a lot different than "managing the game", while the defense is dominating (cough). It would probably be somewhere in between. It also depends on who else is available....lots of variables.

Tyrod freaking Taylor....20 plus million. For a A playoff appearance. No dont think so. He needs a specific offense. I dont see a huge bidding war market over him. Im Whaley, i would play some hardball in those negotiations.

The Bills also have the option of putting the Franchise tag and then evaluating Tyrod one more year. The Bills hold all the cards...And if they do pick a QB in this draft, then it puts pressure on Tyrod to not skip any activities.

The Bills also have the option of putting the Franchise tag and then evaluating Tyrod one more year. The Bills hold all the cards...And if they do pick a QB in this draft, then it puts pressure on Tyrod to not skip any activities.

Yep there's always the tag. But let's not get ahead of ourselves…..

the question seems simple but it isn't, because contracts aren't simple. I think they would and should give him a Andy Dalton type contract if he makes the playoffs and plays well. It's pay as you go and team-friendly, yet provides security with a big chunk up front and incentive to the player with escalators for playoff wins.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This draught is killing us because now everyone's goal is to just make the playoffs. Who cares about 10-6 and a wild card? Isn't the goal to win the Super Bowl? No, Tyrod can't win us the Super Bowl, so he isn't worth $20 to me let alone $20 million

This draught is killing us because now everyone's goal is to just make the playoffs. Who cares about 10-6 and a wild card? Isn't the goal to win the Super Bowl? No, Tyrod can't win us the Super Bowl, so he isn't worth $20 to me let alone $20 million

Can I get next year's lotto numbers too? Try 'isn't likely to' or something. Otherwise you come off looking foolish and overzealous. Can't? :doh:

20M is top 15 QB money... If he brings us to the playoffs, that puts him in a class among the 12 best teams, and credit is put on the QB play (bad as we know all to well) and good which clearly we don't know that well because we're concerned about paying a playoff QB top 15 money.

Yes, Tyrod should be a 20M a year guy in this case.

Tyrod freaking Taylor....20 plus million. For a A playoff appearance. No dont think so. He needs a specific offense. I dont see a huge bidding war market over him. Im Whaley, i would play some hardball in those negotiations.

Look what Osweiller got for doing nothing really.

And this talk about TT only getting that money if he is the "main reason" we get to the playoffs is silly. This defense isn't will never be as good as Denver's was last year, so if they get to the playoffs it has to be to a significant degree due to the offense and TT by implication.