No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The agent is right to try to get money out of the Bills. The Bills are right to wait. Unless he is going to holdout, which ain't happening, TT has no leverage. He has none after next season either. Even if he blows up, and they can't agree on an extension, all the Bills need to do is tag him. Nothing to see here...

Although, it makes me more interested to see what they do at the QB position in the draft, if anything.

Edited by purple haze

I don't know if it's worth keeping him at 20 mil a year. At least based on how he played last year. If we keep him, we lose other key players and have to make room for his cap space. Therefore we add more pressure on Tyrod. One thing Tyrod did not impress me with last year is I never really saw the ability to run a 4 or 2 minute drill. Also, besides the Tennessee game, I'm not sure he ever lead a comeback win all season. Bills are right in not extending him. This year he needs to make this team a playoff team to get paid. Otherwise, we shouldn't pay out the nose for him cause that could ultimately put this team in a bad spot long term

And yet, this doesn't mean you are right

Mmm-kay. So TT's agent is saying these things because his client is happy? :blink: You have to be pretty thick not to see how this would shake out. Other middling QB's are cashing in yet Taylor is supposed to play for a mil or two?? So he signed a deal...big frickin' whoop. You know what contract mean in the NFL. Even if Tyrod is willing to play his agent is telling him he'd be a chump to do it. And he's right. He would be a chump. He's already proven more than other players who have done far less, and getting paid far far more, as starting QB's.

You can all sit there an cluck your tongues about how Tyrod hasn't proven himself yet. And you can all pat yourselves on the back when he leaves the Bills in 2017.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just embarrassing himself and it's so obvious that's not TT's personality.- so it's not like he's "representing" his feelings.

We really don't know that do we? If I'm Tyrod I want a more reasonable deal. Bruce Smith did it to us all the time. I'm guessing TT thinks we are slacking right now.

Mmm-kay. So TT's agent is saying these things because his client is happy? :blink: You have to be pretty thick not to see how this would shake out. Other middling QB's are cashing in yet Taylor is supposed to play for a mil or two?? So he signed a deal...big frickin' whoop. You know what contract mean in the NFL. Even if Tyrod is willing to play his agent is telling him he'd be a chump to do it. And he's right. He would be a chump. He's already proven more than other players who have done far less, and getting paid far far more, as starting QB's.

You can all sit there an cluck your tongues about how Tyrod hasn't proven himself yet. And you can all pat yourselves on the back when he leaves the Bills in 2017.

Franchise tag. There's no reason to pay him now.

That TT wasn't going to be happy in 2016 unless he was shown some love.

quote says his agent is unhappy

I don't know if it's worth keeping him at 20 mil a year. At least based on how he played last year. If we keep him, we lose other key players and have to make room for his cap space. Therefore we add more pressure on Tyrod. One thing Tyrod did not impress me with last year is I never really saw the ability to run a 4 or 2 minute drill. Also, besides the Tennessee game, I'm not sure he ever lead a comeback win all season. Bills are right in not extending him. This year he needs to make this team a playoff team to get paid. Otherwise, we shouldn't pay out the nose for him cause that could ultimately put this team in a bad spot long term

there's a 4 minute drill?

So he signed a deal...big frickin' whoop.

PTR blames the fans version 867. God I love these.

Just show his agent the pats film or the skins film or the pro bowl film. If he works on his craft and stops laying eggs he will get paid.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Sounds to me like an agent doing agent things, and a team doing team things. What are folks riled up about?

Not folks, just robot, who seems pretty eager to have this become a problem so he can say I told you so.

Edited by NoSaint

BBFS.

I mean, I could see why Tyrod would be upset, but he's also under contract... hopefully he's not so upset that he's unwilling to negotiate for next year and beyond, but as of right now the Bills are kind of forced to sit on this.

Why and how is he leaving? He can easily be franchised next season. The only risk the Bill's have in not signing him now is if he does light it up this coming year, he'll be worth even more. But using your logic signing him now still wouldn't work out either for the Bill's as if he signed a deal now worth his level of play and then plays better this coming season, he'd need to have his deal re-done again to reflect the level he played at for one season.

Supposedly Richie Incognito was low balled by the Bill's, he was even a FA, he could have easily pouted and said I'll show them and signed elsewhere. But he didn't so what evidence do you have to make you think TT will do that and go elsewhere?