No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

Mmm-kay. So TT's agent is saying these things because his client is happy? :blink: You have to be pretty thick not to see how this would shake out. Other middling QB's are cashing in yet Taylor is supposed to play for a mil or two?? So he signed a deal...big frickin' whoop. You know what contract mean in the NFL. Even if Tyrod is willing to play his agent is telling him he'd be a chump to do it. And he's right. He would be a chump. He's already proven more than other players who have done far less, and getting paid far far more, as starting QB's.

You can all sit there an cluck your tongues about how Tyrod hasn't proven himself yet. And you can all pat yourselves on the back when he leaves the Bills in 2017.

Ridiculous comment. If the Bills want him he won't leave....

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really don't know that do we? If I'm Tyrod I want a more reasonable deal. Bruce Smith did it to us all the time. I'm guessing TT thinks we are slacking right now.

You make my point. Bruce yes - he was a jerk. TT - most likely not. He just doesn't seem like the entitlement type.

Edited by Triple Threat

Mmm-kay. So TT's agent is saying these things because his client is happy? :blink: You have to be pretty thick not to see how this would shake out. Other middling QB's are cashing in yet Taylor is supposed to play for a mil or two?? So he signed a deal...big frickin' whoop. You know what contract mean in the NFL. Even if Tyrod is willing to play his agent is telling him he'd be a chump to do it. And he's right. He would be a chump. He's already proven more than other players who have done far less, and getting paid far far more, as starting QB's.

You can all sit there an cluck your tongues about how Tyrod hasn't proven himself yet. And you can all pat yourselves on the back when he leaves the Bills in 2017.

So what if he's unhappy about his current deal at this time? If he doesn't improve, then he's not going to be in the long term plans. If he does improve, then he's either getting that big payday and long term deal or a franchise tag (which is a hefty, guaranteed one year contract) and then that big long term deal.. You'll be surprised to see how all of the bad feelings wash away once that first big signing bonus gets deposited.

One other thing that doesn't get brought up - TT is going to be under some very substantial pressure this season. By that I'm referring to pressure to perform because so much money is on the line for him. I like that. If he can rise to the occasion under this pressure, then I have no worries about playoff games or even the final two minutes of a Super Bowl. If he can't, well, it's best we find out now.

Edited by BarleyNY

Maybe some subtle feedback to his agent?

message to fans too - "that was my agent, not me"

I mean, I have no doubt he wants to get paid. But that verbiage used by the agent doesn't seem to be his style.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Exactly.

If he knows he will do well again this season then he really has nothing to worry about

CBF

i understand wanting to get it earlier. a lot can happen. but i also think the bills were very accommodating to the possibility of him outperforming his deal by including the voidable year. No harm in asking for more (even giving a little push) but i dont think he will get crazy about it and sit out (or do anything that would risk him being less than 110% prepared for his contract year with such a short resume)

i understand wanting to get it earlier. a lot can happen. but i also think the bills were very accommodating to the possibility of him outperforming his deal by including the voidable year. No harm in asking for more (even giving a little push) but i dont think he will get crazy about it and sit out (or do anything that would risk him being less than 110% prepared for his contract year with such a short resume)

Whaley has said before that he has no problems paying TT if he has a productive year and I quote that "it would be a great problem to have"

CBF

Agree, the agent was doin his job. Tyrod wont hold out hes got character and not the diva type. the work hard and show and proove type, he showed that last season

Agree, the agent was doin his job. Tyrod wont hold out hes got character and not the diva type. the work hard and show and proove type, he showed that last season

A holdout doesn't really do anything for him.

The Bills don't really have the cap room to fit a reasonable extension cap hit under this year's cap, so the only reason to hold out would be to try force a trade to a team willing to pay him an Osweiler-like deal.

Even then, there's no guarantee that he'd get the deal he wants, and his new team would just as easily be able to tag him as Buffalo is next year.

forget character - if he comes in out of sync or not looking ideal it will cost him money. i would be VERY surprised if he sits out anything for that reason. That he seems like a good guy with priorities in order, it helps add to that but his self interest right now is to be the best he can be in 2016. byrd plays hard ball and he can point to 4 years of play, tyrod cant.

Except all those 'middling' QBs were FREE AGENTS. A point you seem to be ignoring as to why they were 'cashing in'. They got paid because they had the opportunity to get paid. They didn't hold out mid contract because other QBs were getting paid more.

And my favourite bit is you think he would just walk away. Cousins was still playing on his ridiculously cheap rookie deal this past year. The Redskins franchised him when they couldn't come to a deal. What did he do? He came in 24 hours later and signed his franchise tag not even bothering to explore other teams.

The reality is an extension deal isn't going to get done. The Bills can't afford it this season. IF Tyrod has another good season, he will get paid or franchised by the Bills. It's simple really.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I cannot believe you are this far off-base.

We're talking about a guy that has started 14 games and is under contract.

This is not a guy like Osweiler, who started all of 7 games and was a FA....his situation makes sense because his current team wasn't ready to commit big money to him based on his short body of work, and he wasn't under contract.

This is not a guy like Cousins, who started 25 games over the course of 4 seasons...even after starting 16 and leading his team to the playoffs, his team wasn't ready to commit, so they tagged him.