Trade: LB Alonso & CB Maxwell to Dolphins from Eagles

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grimes was a top 3 or 4 CB in 2014. One bad year...wow. Tough league. We don't really need CB help (assuming we sign Gilmore) or I would definitely like this guy on the Bills.

I'd rather have Grimes than Cromartie.

Of course Grimes is still a starter.

I don't think he lucked into his first season. You can have your opinion, I can have mine.

I'm a Kiko fan

Too many questions. Just hate everything!

Dude . Aren't you also the same guy that insists EJ is good and that he's only been bad because Marrone ruined him

LOL @ Jeremy2020 your logic applies to so many situations where you really are better served to just hate everything!

Dude . Aren't you also the same guy that insists EJ is good and that he's only been bad because Marrone ruined him

Nope. Not me. I've been off the EJ bandwagon since the pick 6 off the screen in Houston.

I'm also not a fan of our former coach, but honestly think we would have made the playoffs with the old staff this year

hmm...cut one and trade for another...Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

As soon as they acquire his replacement RT @OmarKelly: Miami #Dolphins expected to release Pro Bowl CB Brent Grimes http://fw.to/KtajvxX

View summary
Sal Capaccio @SalSports 3m3 minutes ago

Sal Capaccio Retweeted SunSentinel Dolphins

His wife is gonna be pissed....

Oh, heck no, Miko will be tweeting about how happy she is that the loser team Phins with their sucky QB turned her amazing hubby lose to find a new team

Edited by Hopeful

Yeah let Lamar Miller walk and trade for Maxwell!! When the majority of the moves you make are bad moves, the more moves you make the worse you get right?

makes sense to me B-)

Schefter is reporting that Kiko vetoed the trade with a simple karate chop.

comes back to the Bills :thumbsup:

It's strange to me that a guy who almost won DROY has been traded twice in his first 3 years in the league.

He would have won DROY after the first five weeks of his rookie season. Since then, not so much.

He would have won DROY after the first five weeks of his rookie season. Since then, not so much.

He always got swallowed up in the run game. Could not shake blocks at all and wasn't as fast as he needed to be. We gave up over 100 yards rushing 11 times with him starting. And i remember him getting steam rolled by blount.

He'll probably be an OK linebacker at the end of the day. But the perennial pro bowler everyone proclaimed him to be - he is not.

That's a terrible value for Miami. Basically a 3rd and 4th rd pick for maxwell (and brutal contract) and Alonso, who is a FA after this season.

Holy crap, it could even worse than that, with Philly moving from 13th to 8th. In the Austin for Manuel/Alonso draft trade of 2013, the Rams moved up from 16th to 8th with the Bills swap and it cost them 2nd, 3rd and 7th round value (and in return our 3rd). Even the give or take from 13th to 16th and the 3rd round movement, you could make the argument that the draft value at stake here for Miami was around a second round pick rather than third...plus the 4th. Jeez...

Edited by TheLynchTrain

the proverbial cold feet....Like Yolo said....they must have read the criticism

seriously, they opened up all that space to take on a widely known terrible deal. they could keep grimes and his crazy wife and get the same production for a third of the price

seriously, they opened up all that space to take on a widely known terrible deal. they could keep grimes and his crazy wife and get the same production for a third of the price

@Edwerderespn

Final outcome of #Dolphins-#Eagles trade now on hold could have ramifications for Miami CB Brent Grimes, who was likely to be released

I'd offer a 6th round pick for Kiko and make him our outside LB for a year.

would you really....based on his play last year or 1st half of his rookie season? He's not as good as everyone here thinks........

Regarding Kiko.... Whaley knows him, knows his knee(s), and knows he is available, likely for very little compensation. If he wants him, he will get him. If he doesn't, he won't bother. It's possible he could be better this year after some additional recovery time. But we just don't know the whole story with him.