McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

@tydunne

Sources tell @6abc arrest warrants to be issued today or Thursday for LeSean McCoy. Also, off-duty officers involved will not face charges.

Investigators recommend criminal charges to the DA's office in the McCoy case, too, @6abc reports.

I guess Shady was absent the day the Buffalo Bills held their "Make Mom Proud" class.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, champagne is traditionally opened with a sword after military conquests. That's pretty badass. I don't see manly men opening their Utica Club with anything other than a hamfist beset with diabetic nerve pain.

Now that right there is a work of art. Well done! :thumbsup::lol:

I respectfully request you explain the sarcasm.

Is it:

1. You believe the off duty officers have some special unwritten ticket to do what they want...

or

2. That the off-duty officers won't face charges, because they were on their backs on the floor getting their ass kicked resulting in fractured skulls

Sarcasm.. it's hard to read.

I suspect the poster meant #1 and from my experience and observation I agree. And perhaps the off duty officers got the crap kicked out of them because they tried to pull a number 1 on somebody that didn't quite see things that way?

The speed at which a warrant is issued is in no way a comment on the strength or weakness of the evidence for or against a suspect. As is usually the case with high profile incidents, there will be many articles in the press pre-judging guilt or innocence based on little more than rumor, incompetent evidence and reporter bias. Those predisposed against the suspect will find in those reports all the "facts" they need to conclude that the suspect is guilty. Those predisposed to support the suspect will find in those same reports enough "facts" to support a finding of innocence. People are impatient and sound judgment never moves as satisfyingly fast as speculation. If you think that the speed at which a warrant is issued is a significant fact, you are either too impatient to wait for actual facts or perhaps are trolling for something to justify your own predisposition regarding guilt or innocence.

If, during jury selection a juror confessed to a belief that the case against the accused is cut and dried because the arrest warrant was issued expeditiously, that juror would be removed from the jury "for cause".

The speed at which a warrant is issued is in no way a comment on the strength or weakness of the evidence for or against a suspect. As is usually the case with high profile incidents, there will be many articles in the press pre-judging guilt or innocence based on little more than rumor, incompetent evidence and reporter bias. Those predisposed against the suspect will find in those reports all the "facts" they need to conclude that the suspect is guilty. Those predisposed to support the suspect will find in those same reports enough "facts" to support a finding of innocence. People are impatient and sound judgment never moves as satisfyingly fast as speculation. If you think that the speed at which a warrant is issued is a significant fact, you are either too impatient to wait for actual facts or perhaps are trolling for something to justify your own predisposition regarding guilt or innocence.

If, during jury selection a juror confessed to a belief that the case against the accused is cut and dried because the arrest warrant was issued expeditiously, that juror would be removed from the jury "for cause".

Could you remove a potential juror who has seen the videos for cause?

I respectfully request you explain the sarcasm.

Is it:

1. You believe the off duty officers have some special unwritten ticket to do what they want...

or

2. That the off-duty officers won't face charges, because they were on their backs on the floor getting their ass kicked resulting in fractured skulls

Sarcasm.. it's hard to read.

Neither.

But since you ask respectfully, I respectfully believe that police officers, off duty or not, seldom face charges, including when their behavior appears (to a bystander or by reported facts) egregious such as cuffing a man, putting him in the back of a van, and taking him out half an hour later with a neck fracture.

That's not quite a "special unwritten ticket to do what they want", but it is a "special unwritten ticket to get a lot of leeway and a lot of benefit-of-doubt". To some extent it's justified - police have a very dangerous job and deserve leeway when their lives are at risk. But I believe the leeway at times goes far beyond what is justified, because of how the system works. No prosecutor or DA wants to "poison the well" with the police officers they depend upon.

Note: I am not saying charges were warranted against the officers here. We have no information on that point. But the big shock would be if they were charged.

Edited by Hopeful

@spotrac

If legal troubles prompt the #Bills to cut LeSean McCoy, itll cost them.

2016 Dead Cap:

Pre 3/9: $13M

3/9 - 6/1: $15.3M

Post 6/1: $7.425M

Depends on what his contract language says.

I heard yesterday that there are several pissed off people in the building. I don't know if McCoy survives this, regardless of the legal outcome.

GO BILLS!!!

I heard yesterday that there are several pissed off people in the building. I don't know if McCoy survives this, regardless of the legal outcome.

GO BILLS!!!

Please be some language where we can get rid of this idiot without taking a cap hit!

I was under the impression that teams were allowed to cut without penalty for conduct detrimental to the team?

Edit: To clarify, I'd rather keep Shady, even if he has to miss a game or two. He's a hell of a weapon to have.

Edited by Dorkington

The way I heard it, batteries were being thrown during the fight and that means Shady and the gang were in danger. Thus they looked for a boat to escape and found one. Used the champagne bottle to get the exit from the club started on the boat. Last time I remember being from Buffalo- fight- it ends- and everybody leaves. End of story. Sure some broken bones and stuff but "Suck It Up". Just my take on the whole thing. A bunch of babys.

I was under the impression that teams were allowed to cut without penalty for conduct detrimental to the team?

Edit: To clarify, I'd rather keep Shady, even if he has to miss a game or two. He's a hell of a weapon to have.

If he only misses 2 that will be half what he missed this past season.

Just sitting here again thinking about how incredibly stupid this kid is. Innocent or not, being out drinking at 2:45 am and just not walking away when things get heated makes you think that he's just plain dumb or that he doesn't really care. Either way for the amount he is being paid, the fact that we actually gave him a raise before he got his uniform and his lack of production (mainly due to injury), I think there is justification for canning him and living with the financial consequences. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Just sitting here again thinking about how incredibly stupid this kid is. Innocent or not, being out drinking at 2:45 am and just not walking away when things get heated makes you think that he's just plain dumb or that he doesn't really care. Either way for the amount he is being paid, the fact that we actually gave him a raise before he got his uniform and his lack of production (mainly due to injury), I think there is justification for canning him and living with the financial consequences. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Yes, damn him for getting injured!

GO BILLS!!!

Now a real surprise would have been reports of high-fiving and fist-bumps.