RIP Jimmy Nydahl a lifelong bills fan

papazoid

He got his start at age 9, at the Old Rockpile, War Memorial Stadium in Buffalo, where he attended the Bills’ first-ever regular-season home game, on Sept. 18, 1960. Over the Bills’ first 54 seasons, through snowstorms and subzero temperatures, through painful 1-13 and 2-14 seasons, through his own honeymoon and the birth of his children, Jimmy Nydahl missed only two Bills home games, one because of a serious back injury in 2008, and the other as a teenager when his family couldn’t afford the price of American Football League championship game tickets.

He attended more than 425 home games – plus four Super Bowls and some road games – over those 54 seasons, dating from age 9 into his early 60s.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/18/death-of-jimmy-nydahl-stirs-memories-of-a-lifelong-bills-fan-like-none-other/

With that type of mental outlook, why do you get out of bed in the morning?

Sounds like Jimmy lived his life to the fullest and was one hell of a Bills fan! RIP Jimmy.

You could fill the stadium a hundred times over with Bills fans who have passed. There's only 13 teams left who haven't won a SB, 9 of which made it and lost. Who's Purgatory is worse? The Departed's or living Bills fans?

At 16 years and counting without so much as a sniff of the playoffs, I've resigned myself to this fate. Doesn't mean I don't get out of bed every day.

Im not dying till we win it.......so your stuck with me

Well, since X-Files supposedly killed off the Smoking Man in the original series finale in 2002, there is hope. I saw that the actor, William B. Davis, is supposed to be in the upcoming mini-series but hopefully it's just in flashbacks.