Tyrod Taylor: PFF Breakout Player of the Year

Taylor Named PFF’s Breakout Player of Year

Bills fans know that Tyrod Taylor exceeded the expectations of just about everybody in his first year as a starting quarterback in the NFL for Buffalo. The season he put together was close to Pro Bowl caliber (he was named a Pro Bowl alternate) and it’s earned him the Breakout Player of the Year nod from Pro Football Focus.

Taylor’s big play ability and knack for protecting the football are two of the main reasons PFF gave Buffalo’s starting QB the nod over the other finalists. Here’s some of what ProFootballFocus had to say about T2.

@PFF

PFF 2015 Breakout Player Award: 2nd runner-up: Allen Robinson, @Jaguars Runner-up: Weston Richburg, @Giants Winner: https://goo.gl/qVA8dX

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say he's exceeded almost everyones expectations for his first season as a starter, with a new OC and coaching staff. Factor in the injuries to himself, Sammy, Percy, McCoy, and KW, and he's had a hell of a good season.

Looking forward to seeing more from him next year.

I do wonder if Doug Whaley cringes with every award Tyrod receives.......

Tyrod needs a new contract.....but we cant afford to GIVE him that contract right now and bring back the players we need to bring back right now

Judging by what he said in the final PC, I'm guessing no.

They know where they stand on Tyrod and the media can say whatever they want. Tyrod will earn his contract in 2016.

Tyrod needs a new contract.....but we cant afford to GIVE him that contract right now and bring back the players we need to bring back right now

Let him play out next year in a contract year and then shower him in money if he has a good year. If he falters next year, we'll run him out of town on a rail.

No decent GM should be opposed to paying a lot of money to a good QB.