Tyrod Taylor: PFF Breakout Player of the Year

If this year it becomes obvious that he isn't able to make reads and go through his progressions then it is safe to say that he doesn't have the capacity to be a long-term starter. If this year the OC only presents TT with a thin playbook then it is obvious that the qb doesn't have the potential to be our franchise qb.

I'm very upbeat about TT's prospects. But I believe that it will be apparent to all (skeptics and advocates) this year whether he has the makings of being a substantial player in this league for the long term.

No more excuses and no more holding back. The qb developmental process is not at the beginning stage---it is now at the point where he materially contributes to the success of the offense or steps aside for the next option at that position.

I was responding the way I did because of that bolded sentence. Why does TT need to fit into your timetable of this next year or he doesn't have the capacity to be a long term starter? Where does it say two years or bust? The guy doesn't even have a full playing season under his belt.

I like what I've seen from Taylor in his first year as the starter and he showed he still has a lot of holes in his game. Should he continue to develop under Greg Roman than perhaps the Bills have found that elusive "franchise QB" they have been long awaiting. We fans have no control over anything other than to just voice our opinions and all I'm saying here is be patient and let the man develop as his own pace.

Your characterization of what I am saying is way off the mark.

What I want to see from TT is a visible progression for a qb who has been in the league for five years now. He isn't a raw rookie that needs to be gently handled at this point. With an offseason of hard work as the designated starter he should be in a good position to make a qualitative leap forward.

Your comparisons of TT to Kaepernick and RGIII are off the mark. He is demonstrably much more advanced in managing an offense than those two befuddled qbs are.

It's time for him to be treated as a capable starter. The training wheels need to be taken off. TT knows what is at stake for him as a qb and Whaley knows what is at stake for him as a GM. TT either plays up to the increased expectations or step aside for someone else. No more excuses.

I don't see how the comparisons are off the mark. Those two QB's weren't "befuddled" in leading their teams into the playoffs and in Kaepernick's case to the super bowl, NFL championship game with many wins along the way. Frankly, Tyrod Taylor wished he looked that good this year.

Anyway, both looked to so good at the start of their careers because they started out being developed properly and then that fell by the wayside as their respective teams wanted more from them and then started asking the QB to the win games for them. Let's not forget that Greg Roman was also Kaepernick's OC in San Fran and by his third season as a starter, he was stinking it up.

Right now Taylor looked good as a game manager and not so good in attempting to throw more than 30 passes in a game, he also looks good when the team runs more than they throw. Let's just hope he keeps developing like he was this past year and patience grasshopper. :D

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were a fan of the Knicks and someone was excited about Porzingis, would you say, "big deal, wake me up when he wins a championship?" What about the Sabres with O'Reilly? I could go on and on. Mike Trout? Wake me up when he wins the Angels a World Series. Point being, it takes a team. And our defense failed us this season.

As an Angels fan, still waiting on that ring for Trouty. If we could just get a decent rotation going and Left Fielder who's name I recognize, he could get there. There's a reason he has a ridiculous WAR, he puts on a one man show.

What if TT takes 3-4 years to reach that mythical status? Do you cut him anyway because it didn't happen fast enough? How long did it take for Cam Newton to get to this point?

Cam came out like a gang buster. RW is a better comparison. RW's trajectory is probably a more comparable path. RW came out a year after TT but is a year older. It took him a little while to hit full stride but he showed flashes early. I'm not saying that TT will be RW but I like the path.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I see. Look in the mirror though. I'm not mad, Tyrod's decent, my meters at 60%. He improves or he doesn't,

Just not decent enough to beat Sam Bradford or Kirk Cousins when it mattered. Why does rehashing the season get you angry ?

Im not mad. Look at my posts.

Last I checked the NFL isnt a tennis match where TT plays Kirk Cousins.

Point is you hijacked what should have been a positive thread with your complaining. You disagree with the award. Too bad.

Cam came out like a gang buster. RW is a better comparison. RE's trajectory is probably a more comparable path. RW came out a year after TY but is a year older. It took him a little while to hit full stride but he showed flashes early. I'm not saying that TT will be RW but I like the path.

Cam came out like a gang buster. RW is a better comparison. RE's trajectory is probably a more comparable path. RW came out a year after TY but is a year older. It took him a little while to hit full stride but he showed flashes early. I'm not saying that TT will be RW but I like the path.

Thurman Thomas will be a Ralph Wilson some day? :huh:

Im not mad. Look at my posts.

Last I checked the NFL isnt a tennis match where TT plays Kirk Cousins. Point is you hijacked what should have been a positive thread with your complaining. You disagree with the award. Too bad.

Message boards are for discussions. If you wanna get emotional over your avatar that is on you.

It would be hard for him to beat Cousins in tennis if he has love at the halfway point

I don't disagree with any awards. I don't agree we are out of the woods either. He certainly isn't mike trout or the almighty Porzingis.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Message boards are for discussions. If you wanna get emotional over your avatar that is on you.

It would be hard for him to beat Cousins in tennis if he has love at the halfway point

I don't disagree with any awards. I don't agree we are out of the woods either. He certainly isn't mike trout or the almighty Porzingis.

I think what we've determined from this thread is that wins-losses matters some; passer rating, QBR, TD:INT ratio, yards/attempt, completion percentage, pro bowls, offseason accolades, rushing yards, rushing TD's, etc. all mean nothing but yards passing per game is really the most important thing to consider.

I think what we've determined from this thread is that wins-losses matters some; passer rating, QBR, TD:INT ratio, yards/attempt, completion percentage, pro bowls, offseason accolades, rushing yards, rushing TD's, etc. all mean nothing but yards passing per game is really the most important thing to consider.

Ff to 1 min mark

Ff to 1 min mark

Dude I had pretty much had check mate on you and this is your response? Calmer than you are dude.

So if Tyrod Taylor had a horrible season in all other aforementioned categories but had a lot of passing yards per game, you would be defending him against all the naysayers?

One game. He threw for 850 plus yards in his first 2 games.

Cam Newton won the rookie of the year award as a rookie. This was Taylor's first season as a starter. If Taylor was considered a rookie this year, he wins the rookie of the year award going away.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Dude I had pretty much had check mate on you and this is your response? Calmer than you are dude.

So if Tyrod Taylor had a horrible season in all other aforementioned categories but had a lot of passing yards per game, you would be defending him against all the naysayers?

Cam Newton won the rookie of the year award as a rookie. This was Taylor's first season as a starter. If Taylor was considered a rookie this year, he wins the rookie of the year award going away.

Unsubscribe. Hope you're not smoking salvia again.

You know , EJ just got out of rookie status since he got his 16th start this year.

You know , EJ just got out of rookie status since he got his 16th start this year.

Ha it's not like baseball.

Unsubscribe. Hope you're not smoking salvia again.

So when you are debating with your friends or in-laws or whoever back in Virginia and they paint you into a corner so much so that your argument looks outwardly foolish to everyone else, do you accuse them of being too emotional or question their drug intake too? Not a bad move. I like your style.

"No Ryan, it was Lincoln who delivered the Emancipation Proclamation, you're wrong about this."

"Hey try not to get too emotional buddy."

"But Ryan, you just said it was Robert E. Lee. It was clearly Lincoln."

"Hey have you been smoking that funny stuff again?"

Ha it's not like baseball.

So when you are debating with your friends or in-laws or whoever back in Virginia and they paint you into a corner so much so that your argument looks outwardly foolish to everyone else, do you accuse them of being too emotional or question their drug intake too? Not a bad move. I like your style.

When someone says in the shoutbox I smoked salvia today and I'm fine I take notice.

Caused Ole Miss DE to jump out of window, made Chandler Jones a disoriented story. For you it just helps you win "arguments".

Don't say stuff people can use against you I always say.

You win though. I'll take my call my off the air.

Too many fanboys pouncing.

When someone says in the shoutbox I smoked salvia today and I'm fine I take notice.

Caused Ole Miss DE to jump out of window, made Chandler Jones a disoriented story. For you it just helps you win "arguments".

Don't say stuff people can use against you I always say.

You win though. I'll take my call my off the air.

Too many fanboys pouncing.

I was obviously joking when I said I smoked salvia in the shoutbox.

Honest question: is it possible to acknowledge a player had a pretty good season without being considered a fanboy? Am I a Ronald Darby fanboy for thinking he had a good rookie season?

This never dawned on me but it is 100% true. Can you imagine how excited we all would be if he didn't sit and learn for 4 years? We would be measuring him for a gold jacket.

This never dawned on me but it is 100% true. Can you imagine how excited we all would be if he didn't sit and learn for 4 years? We would be measuring him for a gold jacket.

:lol: I wonder if he could fit in RG3's gold jacket.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I was obviously joking when I said I smoked salvia in the shoutbox.

Honest question: is it possible to acknowledge a player had a pretty good season without being considered a fanboy? Am I a Ronald Darby fanboy for thinking he had a good rookie season?

Metz, Ryan thinks there's some serious flaws with Tyrod's game and that we're not out of the woods yet. That may be a tad more pessimistic than your take, but he has a point. Even you know that. This whole board doesn't have to share the same opinion of every single player.